Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The talent level between Bridgewater and Mariota is slowly closing

Based on recent performances, I think people need to re-evaluate our position as it pertains to expectations of a new QB. Most everyone has been in bridgewaters corner and even so far as to say he's the only QB worth taking next year.

Im starting to think the talent level between these guys is closer than we all thought. At the end of the year, I think the Bucs having the #1 pick won't be as devastating as it sounded 3 weeks ago. 

Is anyone else warming up to the idea that as long as we get one of these studs, We'll be satisfied?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

bridgewater brigade in 3....2....1

InB4 the ESPN/Sports Media conspiracy theorists arrive.

THE HYPE IS NOT REAL FOLKS, THE HYPE IS NOT REAL.....!!!!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I would rather have Teddy. But will I be excited about MM? Of course. They both have potential, I just think Teddy is less risky.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

It's still teddy for me but, Mariota one hell of a consolation prize.

People don't realize that the Oregon offense requires him to read the defense. It's much more complicated than most are willing to admit.

Yes, he doesn't have to fit the ball in right windows often but that doesn't mean he can't do it.

Im perfectly content with either.

Quote:InB4 the ESPN/Sports Media conspiracy theorists arrive.

THE HYPE IS NOT REAL FOLKS, THE HYPE IS NOT REAL.....!!!!

Dude I've had my tinfoil hat on since last week!!!

Getting blaine gabbert was a great consolation prize too

Quote:Getting blaine gabbert was a great consolation prize too

According to who?

No thanks to Mariota still.  Don't think he'll pan out in the NFL.  Time will tell.  I'd much rather have Mettenberger in the 2nd and Clowney in the 1st if we miss out on Bridgewater.  But I really hope we don't miss out on Bridgewater.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We'll see tonight. There may be one or two more games left to determine the gap

Id much rather get Clowney and get Winston next year than be set back 2-3 years

Quote:Id much rather get Clowney and get Winston next year than be set back 2-3 years

oh is Winston the only good QB in the world?

Quote:oh is Winston the only good QB in the world?
I like sustained success, not flashes in the pan

Quote:Getting blaine gabbert was a great consolation prize too

Quote:According to who?

Oh, I guess we're going to pretend now that Gabbert wasn't way hyped just like Mariota....

I was one of the few that did NOT like Gabbert prior to the draft...I even made a post saying that I didn't understand where all the hype was coming from because watching Gabbert's play in college - I just didn't see anything deserving of hype at all. 

Mariota has played against tougher competition. Tonight is a chance to see him under the spotlight of national tv in a big game.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Mariota had 250 yards and one 8 yard td pass against UCLA. Yet he had a great game lol.

TEST

Quote:Oh, I guess we're going to pretend now that Gabbert wasn't way hyped just like Mariota....

I was one of the few that did NOT like Gabbert prior to the draft...I even made a post saying that I didn't understand where all the hype was coming from because watching Gabbert's play in college - I just didn't see anything deserving of hype at all.

Ummm Gabbert was not hyped until the combine. Then everyone fell in love with his physical skills and mind. Your comparison is way off base.

Mariota has been talked about as a top qb prospect since the season vegan.

Quote:Oh, I guess we're going to pretend now that Gabbert wasn't way hyped just like Mariota....

But using that same logic Mariota has done everything Gabbert COULD NOT do in college.

Gabbert's hype was based solely on physical tangibles (height/weight, arm strength) and completely ignored the things that should have raised a red flag such as pocket awareness and lack of passing stats (average yards, pedestrian YPA, 2:1 TD ratio on a loaded offensive team in a spread offense).

Hell to be completely honest the teams in need of QB's that picked before us scouted Gabbert correctly. Both the Cards and the Skins passed on him and to rub it in the Skins fleeced Gene Smith out of a 2nd round pick to draft a QB they had already deemed unworthy.

Mariota has the physical tangibles to go along with the pocket awareness and stats to back it up (he's one of the few QBs to have a 10+ YPA along with Teddy)

The only knock on him is the offense he runs (which Kaepernick has shown the jump can be made coming from a pistol/spread offense) and he has already shown the mental capabilities to pick up a new offense quickly. He mastered a 700+ play playbook and not to mention is running a new offense from what he was running under Kelly, which calls for more runs and more progressions/reads at the line.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I like sustained success, not flashes in the pan

what does sustained success have to do with Winston?

Quote:Ummm Gabbert was not hyped until the combine. Then everyone fell in love with his physical skills and mind. Your comparison is way off base.

Mariota has been talked about as a top qb prospect since the season vegan.

That's not true. Gabbert didn't even throw at the combine because he was thought to be a top 5 pick. Many had him pegged as the top QB ahead of Cam.