Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The talent level between Bridgewater and Mariota is slowly closing

Quote:That's not true. Gabbert didn't even throw at the combine because he was thought to be a top 5 pick. Many had him pegged as the top QB ahead of Cam.

You are correct. My mistake, shortly after the season ended the hype starting picking up. During the year he was not looked at as a top prospect (fringe first rounder).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I understand if you don't like Mariota. But comparing him to Gabbert is ridiculous. 

Quote:I understand if you don't like Mariota. But comparing him to Gabbert is ridiculous.

That's the new thing to do. If you don't like a qb just compare him to Gabbert. Hundley is Gabbert to some also.

Gonna break down Mariota tonight. Excited. I think this, combined with his Bowl, is his make or break.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:That's the new thing to do. If you don't like a qb just compare him to Gabbert. Hundley is Gabbert to some also.

I think anything bad should be compared to him.

"Ugh. This burrito tastes like Gabbert"

Inb4 Mariota a bust for missing that throw.

Dual thread QBs are garbage. Ponder is destroying RG3's Wounded Knee Redskins.

TEST

The across the body throw was a great throw

Bridgewater hits that endzone pass though

Quote:Bridgewater hits that endzone pass though
Oh yeah, from what I've been breaking down, I haven't seen any area where Mariota throws better in any way than Teddy. MAYBE his deep throw power, but It's dubious, and Teddy's touch is good enough to compensate.

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Oh yeah, from what I've been breaking down, I haven't seen any area where Mariota throws better in any way than Teddy. MAYBE his deep throw power, but It's dubious, and Teddy's touch is good enough to compensate.
Mariota has a great raw potential, if he sat behind a vet for a year or two like Kaep, he could be a real beast in the NFL. We just don't have the time for that. Bridgewater is more than good enough

Quote:Mariota has a great raw potential, if he sat behind a vet for a year or two like Kaep, he could be a real beast in the NFL. We just don't have the time for that. Bridgewater is more than good enough

He needs to hit the gym to be anything Kaep.

TEST

Quote:Mariota has a great raw potential, if he sat behind a vet for a year or two like Kaep, he could be a real beast in the NFL. We just don't have the time for that. Bridgewater is more than good enough
Precisely, and that's the thing. There's a clear drop-off between TB and MM right now. The only question for us is whether we want to wait (if we even can wait) for MM to maximize his potential. If he can match his mind to his legs, he'll be phenomenal. If not, he's maybe Kaepernick with less accuracy IMO.

Quote:I would rather have Teddy. But will I be excited about MM? Of course. They both have potential, I just think Teddy is less risky.

This.

I won't be. Because it means we will have to run a turd of an offensive scheme and worry about JJ Watt ending his career twice a year.

TEST

Held onto the ball could have been picked off.

TEST

Very Gabbert-esque on that play.

TEST

No no and no, his ability under duress drops, Bridgewater can throw and make plays in the pocket under duress

Will be interesting to see how he sticks it out during this game. I honestly don't think he's faced competition this year as stiff as tonight.

Quote:Will be interesting to see how he sticks it out during this game. I honestly don't think he's faced competition this year as stiff as tonight.

He was incredibly mediocre against both UCLA and Washington State. Both got pressure on him.

TEST