Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The talent level between Bridgewater and Mariota is slowly closing

Quote:He needs to hit the gym to be anything Kaep.

I think the same would apply to Teddy.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think the same would apply to Teddy.
Teddy isn't trying to run anybody over

Quote:Teddy isn't trying to run anybody over

Mariota is?

Quote:I think the same would apply to Teddy.

? I never compared him to Kaep.

TEST

And now I think it's slowly widening.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:And now I think it's slowly widening.
Widening? It is the size of grand canyon before, now it is the size of the atlantic ocean

Quote:Based on recent performances, I think people need to re-evaluate our position as it pertains to expectations of a new QB. Most everyone has been in bridgewaters corner and even so far as to say he's the only QB worth taking next year.

Im starting to think the talent level between these guys is closer than we all thought. At the end of the year, I think the Bucs having the #1 pick won't be as devastating as it sounded 3 weeks ago. 

Is anyone else warming up to the idea that as long as we get one of these studs, We'll be satisfied?
Funny funny man lol

Yea I'm seeing a pretty big drop off between Mariota and Bridgewater, one is NFL ready the other isn't even close yet.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I seriously think Mariota goes back to school. He talks about being homesick and I don't think he will want to move to Florida for us or the Bucs.

TEST

Well that was an ugly game

Quote:I seriously think Mariota goes back to school. He talks about being homesick and I don't think he will want to move to Florida for us or the Bucs.
Then he'll have to deal with being the second or third QB prospect for two years in a row. Cause there's no way he overcomes Winston, and heck maybe Hundley if he stays,  Bortles (or Hogan at this rate) will step it up next year.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:I seriously think Mariota goes back to school. He talks about being homesick and I don't think he will want to move to Florida for us or the Bucs.
He needs real refinement in all phases of the game, and this is in a open offense designed to put up points in college

Quote:Then he'll have to deal with being the second or third QB prospect for two years in a row. Cause there's no way he overcomes Winston, and heck maybe Hundley if he stays,  Bortles (or Hogan at this rate) will step it up next year.
He is going to get destroyed in the NFL if he comes out this year, he is not ready. He NEEDS a year

The "talent gap" doesn't widen or contract on a game-by-game basis. Bridgewater is as talented as he will be and so is Mariota. That's like saying my IQ dropped because I performed poorly on a midterm but it goes up when I rebound on the final.

Quote:The "talent gap" doesn't widen or contract on a game-by-game basis. Bridgewater is as talented as he will be and so is Mariota. That's like saying my IQ dropped because I performed poorly on a midterm but it goes up when I rebound on the final.
Think about as this, the more games you play the more light is revealed onto the talent you have. 

Quote:Think about as this, the more games you play the more light is revealed onto the talent you have. 

For casual fans, sure. We've seen plenty of both quarterbacks over the last two years. I'm no scout, but I knew what Mariota was and wasn't capable of in comparison to Teddy before tonight's game. This stinker of Mariota's hasn't changed my opinion of him because this wasn't all that unpredictable.

Quote:\This stinker of Mariota's hasn't changed my opinion of him because this wasn't all that unpredictable.

Me neither.....I didn't want Mariota before this game and still don't. 

This game confirmed my belief that Manziel > Mariota.  All the non-Manziel fans may not like to hear that (I'm not a Manziel fan myself), but he is truly a playmaker and has always come up big -- even if he doesn't win -- in any games he has played so far.  Manziel wouldn't have struggled against Stanford the way Mariota did tonight. 

With that said, I don't advocate taking Manziel at all.  His game doesn't translate to the pro.

I explicitly stated several times that he was going to get destroyed by Stanford. He turns incredibly mediocre against any team with a decent to great defense.

TEST

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 09:40 AM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:Oh, I guess we're going to pretend now that Gabbert wasn't way hyped just like Mariota....

I was one of the few that did NOT like Gabbert prior to the draft...I even made a post saying that I didn't understand where all the hype was coming from because watching Gabbert's play in college - I just didn't see anything deserving of hype at all. 

Now you know how I feel when I watch TB.