Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The talent level between Bridgewater and Mariota is slowly closing

Quote:Now you know how I feel when I watch TB. 

I honestly think that you must be blind.  I'm seriously asking you, how can you feel that watching Teddy was anything like watching Gabbert?  Teddy has the highest completion % in college football.  He's only thrown 2 picks and fumbled once from being hit.  He consistently shows pocket presence that we have never seen in Gabbert, or any QB before him.  He doesn't drop his eyes at the first sign of pressure.  He has the arm to make any throw in any offense.  What exactly is it about Teddy's game that you don't like?

I seriously hope you aren't still trying to put Mariota above Teddy after last night's game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Now you know how I feel when I watch TB.
You mad bro? Just because your guy laid an egg on national tv? Come to the smart side.
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

Mariota fans, I ask you this genuinely -- what the heck happened last night? 

On Wisconsin.

Quote:I honestly think that you must be blind.  I'm seriously asking you, how can you feel that watching Teddy was anything like watching Gabbert?  Teddy has the highest completion % in college football.  He's only thrown 2 picks and fumbled once from being hit.  He consistently shows pocket presence that we have never seen in Gabbert, or any QB before him.  He doesn't drop his eyes at the first sign of pressure.  He has the arm to make any throw in any offense.  What exactly is it about Teddy's game that you don't like?

I seriously hope you aren't still trying to put Mariota above Teddy after last night's game.
He has an agenda, I think I know what it is, but I am gonna keep quiet to not create a poostorm

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 11:20 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Mariota fans, I ask you this genuinely -- what the heck happened last night? 
He played against a good defense.... That knows how to take away all the gimmick plays Oregon runs.

Also I am on the Teddy side lol

Quote:He played against a good defense.... That knows how to take away all the gimmick plays Oregon runs.

Probably not the best time for me to actually sit down and watch one of his games from start to finish for the first time then. I came away thoroughly unimpressed, but perhaps it was an anomaly. 

I've watched lots of Teddy and <3

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Mariota fans, I ask you this genuinely -- what the heck happened last night? 

Without making excuses because He did play poorly. The worst I've seen him play. But he never got in a rhythm. I think that the offensive game plan was horrible. When Mariota completed a few passes down field he looked good. But he was asked to throw it to the sideline too much. The promising thing though is that I could tell he was scanning the field it just wasnt in the cards. Literally Stanford played really well. They held the ball for the large majority of the game. 

Quote:He played against a good defense.... That knows how to take away all the gimmick plays Oregon runs.

The number-one pick in the draft shouldn't be able to schemed against. You couldn't scheme Cam Newton out of a game and you couldn't scheme Robert Griffin III out of a game. You certainly can't scheme Peyton/Rodgers/Brady/Brees out of a game outside of simply getting a pass rush working, and Teddy is that kind of mold of passer.

Mariota is conquerable with the right personnel on the college level, and that should scare the hell out of his supporters. He's merely a part of Oregon's plug-and-play system.

What happened last night was the result of opposing defense game plan well against that Oregon scheme. Oregon's strength is the speed of their offense. When opposing defense make adjustments and take that element away, Mariota was out of his comfort zone and he struggled. He's just a product of that system. In fact, you can put another mobile, strong arm spread-read option QB in that offense such as Hundley, Boyd and Manziel, and they would look just as good as Mariota.

Sorry to bust anyone's bubble, but he's not NFL ready.

Quote:What happened last night was the result of opposing defense game plan well against that Oregon scheme. Oregon's strength is the speed of their offense. When opposing defense make adjustments and take that element away, Mariota was out of his comfort zone and he struggled. He's just a product of that system. In fact, you can put another mobile, strong arm spread-read option QB in that offense such as Hundley, Boyd and Manziel, and they would look just as good as Mariota.

Tell ThunderKitty that

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 12:05 PM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:What happened last night was the result of opposing defense game plan well against that Oregon scheme. Oregon's strength is the speed of their offense. When opposing defense make adjustments and take that element away, Mariota was out of his comfort zone and he struggled. He's just a product of that system. In fact, you can put another mobile, strong arm spread-read option QB in that offense such as Hundley, Boyd and Manziel, and they would look just as good as Mariota.

I believe you are wrong. He is not a product of that system because his talent level is above that. He has the tools to play QB and in fact demonstrates it when he is allowed to pass down field. If anything that system is clearly holding him back and it was very apparent last night. Anyone who argues that he doesn't have the skills to play the position is a plain hater and clearly has bias against him. 

But lets just continue to drink the kool iad on TB and hate on Mariota. Oh I can't wait for that big matchup tonight v uconn.  :teehee:

Quote:I believe you are wrong. He is not a product of that system because his talent level is above that. He has the tools to play QB and in fact demonstrates it when he is allowed to pass down field. If anything that system is clearly holding him back and it was very apparent last night. Anyone who argues that he doesn't have the skills to play the position is a plain hater and clearly has bias against him. 
Why are you still posting? Go back to rolling around in your litter

Quote:I believe you are wrong. He is not a product of that system because his talent level is above that. He has the tools to play QB and in fact demonstrates it when he is allowed to pass down field. If anything that system is clearly holding him back and it was very apparent last night. Anyone who argues that he doesn't have the skills to play the position is a plain hater and clearly has bias against him. 
System is holding him back? So all his stats this year are "despite" that offense? Is that what you mean?

He has the skills....just not NFL ready skills.
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

Quote:Probably not the best time for me to actually sit down and watch one of his games from start to finish for the first time then. I came away thoroughly unimpressed, but perhaps it was an anomaly.

The Stanford D got lots of pressure on the Ducks O-line. They took away what they do best. The run. Mariota was playing on a MCL sprain as well and it was obvious it hindered his ability to move and escape the pocket.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:He has the skills....just not NFL ready skills.

Now this is something that I was thinking last night too. But then again I thought this is his first real tough game. No one wants to be objective though. 

Quote:Why are you still posting? Go back to rolling around in your litter

Hey buddy guess what... I will continue to post just as I have since 05. You or no one else is going to be able and do jack squat about it. So deal with it chump. 

Quote:Oh I can't wait for that big matchup tonight v uconn.  :teehee:

Funny you mention that because I was kind of excited about the game and the season getting started tonight.  Then I realized the matchup wasn't hoops.

Don't be ripping on AAAAC football. :woot:

Quote:Funny you mention that because I was kind of excited about the game and the season getting started tonight.  Then I realized the matchup wasn't hoops.

Don't be ripping on AAAAC football. :woot:

Big bad uconn is 0-7 hahaha. OMG! Teddy better have at least 5 TD's. I

He's just not that good. He's benefited from the system and athletes (teammates) that inflate his numbers. 

Quote:Probably not the best time for me to actually sit down and watch one of his games from start to finish for the first time then. I came away thoroughly unimpressed, but perhaps it was an anomaly. 

No, actually the opposite, it was the perfect time for you to see him play, this way you don't have to waste anymore of your time doing so again and any wonder of "is this guy worth a chance to draft high" should now be gone.