Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The talent level between Bridgewater and Mariota is slowly closing

Quote:He's just not that good. He's benefited from the system and athletes (teammates) that inflate his numbers. 

No, actually the opposite, it was the perfect time for you to see him play, this way you don't have to waste anymore of your time doing so again and any wonder of "is this guy worth a chance to draft high" should now be gone. 

Just shut up punk! You're the worst parrot on here!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just shut up punk! You're the worst parrot on here!!
Get out of here, you the biggest parrot of them all. You don't know a frog from a horse. Stop posting and get on with your life

Quote:Just shut up punk! You're the worst parrot on here!!

awww, need a tissue?  Confusedweat:

Sorry that you're a Mariota fan-boy and your world came crashing down around you last night. Too bad. 

Quote:awww, need a tissue?  Confusedweat:

Sorry that you're a Mariota fan-boy and your world came crashing down around you last night. Too bad. 

I'm better than ever! I love this interaction! I missed it. The Jaguars forum has become boring. This is so refreshing. I'm here baby and I cant wait for the game tonight. Let's go teddy!  :woot:

Quote:I'm better than ever! I love this interaction! I missed it. The Jaguars forum has become boring. This is so refreshing. I'm here baby and I cant wait for the game tonight. Let's go teddy!  :woot:

I can't wait to watch tonights game, either. Its fun watching a top QB play and manipulate a defense. 

Quote:I can't wait to watch tonights game, either. Its fun watching a top QB play and manipulate a defense. 

which I'm sure teddy will do. But then again, he better. I want to see perfection tonight. No excuse not to. 

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 01:00 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:Mariota fans, I ask you this genuinely -- what the heck happened last night? 

I'm not a Mariota fan, but I am intrigued by what he can become in his career. Stanford essentially limited the time that he had the ball in his hands and when he did have it, they made sure that he was under pressure. He had to scramble around in the pocket quite a bit last night and was sacked three times. Despite that, he did not throw an interception and half of his throws were for First Downs.

He did throw two Touchdown passes in the Fourth Quarter on some very nice drives in my opinion.

Again, he has his limitations and a lot of that I believe, is due to the Oregon system and how it reacts when it can't "outspeed" the other team. I don't like how he was incomplete on several fade routes last night, but I do like his resiliency to keep his team in the game. He did have two fumbles which seems like it's becoming a serious issue with him and really needs to be corrected before it gets to be a habit.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm not a Mariota fan, but I am intrigued by what he can become in his career. Stanford essentially limited the time that he had the ball in his hands and when he did have it, they made sure that he was under pressure. He had to scramble around in the pocket quite a bit last night and was sacked three times. Despite that, he did not throw an interception and half of his throws were for First Downs.

He did throw two Touchdown passes in the Fourth Quarter on some very nice drives in my opinion.

Again, he has his limitations and a lot of that I believe, is due to the Oregon system and how it reacts when it can't "outspeed" the other team. I don't like how he was incomplete on several fade routes last night, but I do like his resiliency to keep his team in the game.

He doesn't project (fitting word) to be a good PRO QB. End of story. 

Quote:I'm not a Mariota fan, but I am intrigued by what he can become in his career. Stanford essentially limited the time that he had the ball in his hands and when he did have it, they made sure that he was under pressure. He had to scramble around in the pocket quite a bit last night and was sacked three times. Despite that, he did not throw an interception and half of his throws were for First Downs.

Again, he has his limitations and a lot of that I believe, is due to the Oregon system and how it reacts when it can't "outspeed" the other team. I don't like how he was incomplete on several fade routes last night, but I do like his resiliency to keep his team in the game.
NO NO NO!!! He plain sux!! Wallbash

Quote:He doesn't project (fitting word) to be a good PRO QB. End of story. 

Yeah. 'cause this isn't the "College Football" section of the board or anything...

Jeebus dude, can't anyone here simply enjoy a football game or does it all have to be so dead serious all the time?! Why not just enjoy the game instead of making it an opportunity to crack on someone?

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Yeah. 'cause this isn't the "College Football" section of the board or anything...

Jeebus dude, can't anyone here simply enjoy a football game or does it all have to be so dead serious all the time?! Why not just enjoy the game instead of making it an opportunity to crack on someone?

Don't you know.

Ve must talk about Bridgevater and novody else.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 01:07 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yeah. 'cause this isn't the "College Football" section of the board or anything...

Have you seen the Jaguars QB issues the last 10 years?.....I'd say this upcoming pick is of utmost importance. They have to get it right and can't be messing around with "pretenders"/ projects like Mariota. 

Have you not seen the jaguars ineptness at the qb position. This isn't abouts "ifs" and "coulds"

Quote:Have you seen the Jaguars QB issues the last 10 years?.....I'd say this upcoming pick is of utmost importance. They have to get it right and can't be messing around with "pretenders"/ projects like Mariota. 

Quote:Have you not seen the jaguars ineptness at the qb position. This isn't abouts "ifs" and "coulds"

Lol! two parroting post back to back. #teddy bears :woot:

Quote:Lol! two parroting post back to back. #teddy bears :woot:
I like winning super bowls or at least getting to them, i don't know about you though. You seem content with losing, find a different squad to cheer for then.

Quote:Lol! two parroting post back to back. #teddy bears :woot:
the real thing to "lol" about is how you don't know how to hastags

#OldMan #Dumb #TeddyRocks

Or different sport completely, get into minor league baseball, its your thing

Quote:The news that Mariota was even dealing with an injury to his MCL, reported by Eugene sports anchor Collin Harmon, didn't break until shortly before kickoff of the highly anticipated tilt between the Ducks and Cardinal.

Mariota acknowledged the injury after the game, but refused to discuss its exact nature."It is what it is," Mariota said. "It's a little banged up, but it's nothing too extraordinary. We're going to take it and get healthy, and I'll be ready for next week."

Mariota had to be helped off the field in the third quarter at the end of a scramble where he lost a fumble, struggling to stand on the same left knee.

Mariota returned to the game and threw two fourth-quarter touchdowns as UO cut its deficit to 26-20, but was unable to recover an onside kick and Stanford ran out the clock.

Mariota finished 20-of-34 passing for 250 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, but was also sacked three times and finished with minus-16 rushing yards. Outside of an eight-yard scramble to convert a fourth down, Mariota's trademark explosiveness was nonexistent, playing into the hands of an attacking Stanford defense.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000278234/article/oregon-ducks-qb-marcus-mariota-downplays-knee-injury'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000278234/article/oregon-ducks-qb-marcus-mariota-downplays-knee-injury</a>

At least he's man enough not to use the injury as an excuse but it was obvious it was bothering him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I like winning super bowls or at least getting to them, i don't know about you though. You seem content with losing, find a different squad to cheer for then.

O really. What super bowls have you won? 

Quote:Have you seen the Jaguars QB issues the last 10 years?.....I'd say this upcoming pick is of utmost importance. They have to get it right and can't be messing around with "pretenders"/ projects like Mariota. 

Quote:Have you not seen the jaguars ineptness at the qb position. This isn't abouts "ifs" and "coulds"

Then why not discuss it in... oh, I don't know... maybe the "Jaguars" section of the board? It was a frigging football game guys! Why are you so angry with yourselves that you won't even allow yourself to enjoy it? Lighten up a little, you might have a genuine laugh every now and then.