Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The talent level between Bridgewater and Mariota is slowly closing

Quote:Just answer the dang question. is it that hard to do? 

This year? No he hasn't.

Mariota has been mediocre to bad against every ranked team he has faced.

TEST

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I simply watch and find things I like and don't like I dont skirt around the obvious. Something you are doing right now. I have stated ad nauseum things that Teddy does well and also things mariota does / doesnt. Teddy bears cant be objective. Got it. It's a fact!

What does Mariota do better than Teddy other than run after the line of scrimmage?

TEST

Quote:Just answer the dang question. is it that hard to do? 
I'm asking vaquantfade. Who are you? his daddeh?

Quote:Every college QB faces weak competition compared to NFL comp.  Therefore this "weak schedule" argument is and always will be invalid.

The difference between a Top 10 College Defense, and your average College defense that Teddy faces is a lot smaller than the difference between a Top 10 College Defense and an NFL Defense.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I'm asking vaquantfade. Who are you? his daddeh?

Did you just quote yourself and answer yourself? That is weird.

Quote:I'm asking vaquantfade. Who are you? his daddeh?

...How old are you?

TEST

Quote:Did you just quote yourself and answer yourself? That is weird.
 actually yes. I was trying to quote you and some how it grabbed my other post. 

Quote:...How old are you?

You wanna check my junk size too?

Anyway, let us move on from the boys will be boys banter. 

Who's with me? Pocket passers right? Right?

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:Anyway, let us move on from the boys will be boys banter. 

Pocket passers win Super Bowls.

Quote:Pocket passers win Super Bowls.

Bam! Truth. To be fair CK did make it to the superbowl and you can technically consider Steve Young a dual threat or scrambler type, but yeah. Pocket Passers are the cat's pajamas. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:Bam! Truth. To be fair CK did make it to the superbowl and you can technically consider Steve Young a dual threat or scrambler type, but yeah. Pocket Passers are the cat's pajamas. 

CK made it, but didn't win, and never will.

Quote:Bam! Truth. To be fair CK did make it to the superbowl and you can technically consider Steve Young a dual threat or scrambler type, but yeah. Pocket Passers are the cat's pajamas. 

And these cats sure could use Pajamas.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Steve Young was a passer who could run....

Mariota is a runner who can pass some

Quote:CK made it, but didn't win, and never will.

Well he is certainly having a bit of a sophomore slump, that's for sure. We will see. He has the ability/arm strength to become more of a pocket guy. Same with RGIII. Maybe they'll change a bit. 

Quote:And these cats sure could use Pajamas.  

I know! No one ever thinks about the poor kitties. 

The Ravens absolutely shut down the read option in the Super Bowl and Kaep like this season looked lost.

TEST

Quote:Steve Young was a passer who could run....

Mariota is a runner who can pass some

I won't pretend to know anything about Mariota since I haven't seen a single Oregon game this year. However, there are a lot of pundits that like him and are not putting him in the #1 or #2 overall situation. If he is another Michael Vick, then no thanks. I'll take a Steve Young or Steve McNair though. 

Quote:Anyway, let us move on from the boys will be boys banter. 

Why does it have to be both? Why can't I just want to collect as much talent on the field as I possibly can? I mean, it seems like every time someone mentions "athletic ability" the read option comes into play. Yes, Elway won Super Bowls and he did that via being a "passer", but let's not discount the fact that he had to have an overpaid -- i.e. paid under the table in order to avoid the Salary Cap -- Offensive Line, and a two thousand yard rusher to finally win one. Was Elway a factor in those wins? I think that he was, and I think that his ability to threaten a Defense with both his mobility and his passing acumen was a large part of that factor.

Just because Mariota play Quaerterback in a run-first, spread attack in college does not mean that he can't be developed by an NFL staff to read Defenses and default to throwing the ball instead of putting himself in harm's way. I don't know that he'll be any good at it, but I don't know if Bridgewater is at his limit as far as reading and reacting to Defenses either.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I won't ever fault someone for wanting to put the most talent on the field as possible, regardless of position. Right now, I feel like Bridgewater brings more effective talent to the field than anyone else. But Mariota sure does have a lot of talent in his own right.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote: 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I won't ever fault someone for wanting to put the most talent on the field as possible, regardless of position. Right now, I feel like Bridgewater brings more effective talent to the field than anyone else. But Mariota sure does have a lot of talent in his own right.

Well that's why I brought up the point of the pundits and Kaep and RGIII possibly changing the way they play since they obviously have more arm/accuracy talent than Michael Vick. There's just more of a risk there. Look at Tebow, Vince Young, Akili Smith, Vick, all those other guys that were drafted and busted. Yes, there are pocket busts too, but I just feel like there may be less of a risk. 

Quote:Did you just quote yourself and answer yourself? That is weird.
Not really...I'm sure he plays alone a lot.
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.