Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The talent level between Bridgewater and Mariota is slowly closing

Quote:Anyone think Aaron Murray can be a good starter in the nfl?Pocket passer,Georgia product,only he's only 6.0

what?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just saw teddy's and Aaron's 2013 stats,and Teddy is clearly ahead,just thought Murray would be decent pro...maybe a sam bradford type

"Bridgewater has been pin point"....commentator said,but receivers dropping balls

Quote:Just saw teddy's and Aaron's 2013 stats,and Teddy is clearly ahead,just thought Murray would be decent pro...maybe a sam bradford type

LOL

TEST

Should I even bother writing my breakdown of Mariota's Stanford tape?

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Should I even bother writing my breakdown of Mariota's Stanford tape?

Its a difficult game to judge not taking into account his knee injury.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Its a difficult game to judge not taking into account his knee injury.
Was he injured before the game started?

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Was he injured before the game started?
Yep, reports of the sprained MCL came out about an hour before the game started. Also, it's impossible to evaluate properly when Stanford dominated ToP 43 minutes to 17. Mariota certainly struggled with his comfort blanket (his wheels) taken away, but he also did some nice things too. He made about 5 nice Sunday throws. 

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013, 03:24 PM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:Was he injured before the game started?

His handlers did a good job of planting the MCL sprain story in the media in case of the inevitable destruction he was going to have.

Doesn't explain why he looked like a High schooler who just got dropped in the NFL with absolute fright.

He made like TWO nice sunday throws and those came when Stanford switched to a lazy prevent defense in the four quarter.

TEST

Winston with like 1 good pass in the game today. I fully expect the people who think Teddy had a bad game last night to say Winston should go back to Baseball if they want to stay consistent.

TEST

Quote:Winston with like 1 good pass in the game today. I fully expect the people who think Teddy had a bad game last night to say Winston should go back to Baseball if they want to stay consistent.

You're being foolish now. Jameis didn't have a bad game... He didn't play in the 2nd half of the WF game... Your man crush for Teddy is well documented.

If he was able to come out this year, Winston would be the consensus # 1 player taken in the draft...He is a FRANCHISE QB in the mold of a Peyton Manning while you're HOPING Teddy is that way. We can't really tell from the weak competition Teddy has faced all year.
We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

Quote:You're being foolish now. Jameis didn't have a bad game... He didn't play in the 2nd half of the WF game... Your man crush for Teddy is well documented.

If he was able to come out this year, Winston would be the consensus # 1 player taken in the draft...He is a FRANCHISE QB in the mold of a Peyton Manning while you're HOPING Teddy is that way. We can't really tell from the weak competition Teddy has faced all year.
Talk about exaggeration , Winston is no where close. He is very good, but Bridgewater is a far more polished qb than Winston

Mariota didn't handle Stanford's pressure well, and you can see the same thing against Tennessee and Colorado.

That's why people prefers Bridgewater, if Mariota doesn't progress in the way he's reacting to defensive pressure, he will not only be an average QB, he will be a bust.

A QB can have great tools like mobility, speed, strength or strong arm, if anyone has bad footwork and pocket presence, he won't be good in the NFL, and I don't remember anyone being bad in the pocket in NCAA getting better in the NFL.

I'm debating as to whether I should do a write-up for MM for his Stanford game, anyone have any thoughts?

Quote:I'm debating as to whether I should do a write-up for MM for his Stanford game, anyone have any thoughts?

I'd be interested in a write-up on him for a game where his "supporters" won't toss every excuse under the sun at you for his performance.

On Wisconsin.

My take on TB after watching him against UConn

He's usually pinpoint accurate.Even incompletes are usually right there.

He has a good arm,but not a canon.His size is good,and he did show speed,but looks to throw first.

The one sideline pass for about 30 yards was right on the money,receiver made a great catch also.

My concern from the game was his arm strength tho.Sometimes a qb will need the fastball instead of the floater,would like to see if he can zip it more.Not a big deal,cause Leftwich had a fastball,and he wasn't the answer.

I'm thinking Bridgewater to Blackmon/Shorts all day.

Just my thoughts