Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let Me be the First on the Board to Congrulate JDR

Dear Jack,

It seems like it was just yesterday where you were roaming the sidelines, running the show similar to how the maestro conducts his chin music leading the orchestra. David Garrard was throwing touchdown passes, Zach Potter was knocking people to the ground, and Maurice Jones Drew looked like a candidate to break Barry Sanders records. We were in playoff contention year in and year out. You were bold - you would play anywhere, anyplace, anytime, and your players played so hard for you.

My how we miss those days.

On behalf of all Jags fans all I have are two things to say. "Congratulations" and "We apologize."

Congratulations on taking over the team who is a sure fire lock to win the Super Bowl now that you are at the helm. Even if John Fox does come back, this will now always be your team. After all, under your tutelage, Peyton Manning has revived his career. Peyton can take chances he couldn't have taken anywhere else because he knows that you will find a scheme to shut down any opponent if he turns the ball over. You have also patched together a banged up defense all year and now you are back in the spot where you belong - Head Coach Jack Del Rio.

We apologize for running you out two years ago. I actually don't, because I never wanted you gone, but don't think a day doesn't go by where I don't look in the mirror and wonder aloud "what could I have done to keep Coach Del Rio in Jacksonville." Since you left, we have been stuck with guys named Tucker, Mularkey, and Bradley who don't understand how to win as a Jaguar head coach. Don't think that Jagsnation won't be secretly rooting for you and in the back of their minds thinking "this guy could and should still be our coach."

Good luck (not that you need luck - I don't mean to insult you by stating that, it's just more of a courtesy) the rest of the season. We will enjoy watching you and the Broncos in early February. I am sure the NFL will probably want you to coach both teams in the Pro Bowl as well, and I strongly encourage you to set limits and just say no. The Broncos will need all of your focus.

Sincerely,

Omaha's Number One Jags Fan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think we can all agree that Black Jack is the greatest living coach in football.

President, Omaha for Jacksonville

leel

That was funny, and I think just the essence of JDR wearing the HC headset on the sideline is good for at least 3 losses no matter how talented they are.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 01:34 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Our big mistake was not running Jack Del Rio out of town.  Oh sure, he turned Peyton Manning into something special.  But Andy Heck is the one we should regret not retaining.  His Chiefs are now undefeated.  I know Andy Reid is getting the credit -- but we all know he's not a defensive coach.  And the Defense is why that team is doing well.  And Andy Heck is responsible for the defense.  I know he's an O-line coach.  But remember that an O-line coach was responsible for the defense in Philadelphia.  

Andy Heck's Chiefs are going to be Super Bowl Bound.  And some people wanted him out of here.  Shaking My Head.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Most wins in franchise history.  Top of the list at USC.  Now at the helm in Denver.

Wish we had ol' JDR back these days.

Quote:Our big mistake was not running Jack Del Rio out of town.  Oh sure, he turned Peyton Manning into something special.  But Andy Heck is the one we should regret not retaining.  His Chiefs are now undefeated.  I know Andy Reid is getting the credit -- but we all know he's not a defensive coach.  And the Defense is why that team is doing well.  And Andy Heck is responsible for the defense.  I know he's an O-line coach.  But remember that an O-line coach was responsible for the defense in Philadelphia.  

Andy Heck's Chiefs are going to be Super Bowl Bound.  And some people wanted him out of here.  Shaking My Head.
I guess the only way we can solve this argument is when the Chiefs play the Broncos. Hale vs. Del Rio for former supremacy.

Sad thing is JDR really is the best coach out of the last 4.