Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft priorities - Jaguars (McShay)

Quote:For some reason I think you'd be praising "ESPN and NFL guys" if they were ranking Bridgewater over Mariotta. Man, so sensitive. You do realize that your opinion doesn't matter, right?

It matters equally as much as Todd McShay's. In that it doesn't matter at all. McShay is considered to be a huge joke in NFL circles.

TEST

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:For some reason I think you'd be praising "ESPN and NFL guys" if they were ranking Bridgewater over Mariotta. Man, so sensitive. You do realize that your opinion doesn't matter, right?

No he'd be saying "ESPN got one right.  I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut."  

You realize that it doesn't matter if our opinion doesn't matter or not, right?  This message board is for discussing our opinions. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/bl...aaf,231589

Quote: 

A "veteran NFL scout" emailed top pro gossip site Pro Football Talk Wednesday to a) Praise ESPN draftnik Mel Kiper, who is "not a true scout" but "works at it," and b) Confirm that Kiper's colleague, Todd McShay, is considered "a joke" in the league: "McShay does not have any good connections. Higher-ups in the league think he is an arrogant [expletive]. A know-it-all. And he really knows nothing. Whatever he says about a quarterback, take it to the bank, it will be the opposite." Exhibit A is former Kentucky quarterback Andre Woodson, a McShay favorite who went in the sixth round in 2008 and is now out of the league. This year's Woodson, according to PFT's scout: Ole Miss quarterback Jevan Snead, who — despite a good evaluation from "pretty boy Todd" — most observers without daily access to a national television audience thought needed another year in college after leading the nation in interceptions as a junior.

Many more articles like it if you search. This is why McShay basically just follows the current trend with all of his mocks. Because of the Larry Snead embarrassment.

TEST

Quote:http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/bl...aaf,231589

Many more articles like it if you search. This is why McShay basically just follows the current trend with all of his mocks. Because of the Larry Snead embarrassment.

Oh, now PFT is a source of truth and wisdom? OK. This gets better and better.

Look, I get it. Your 451 posts praising Bridgewater makes it clear that you feel invested in the guy and are going to take offense at anything someone says that indicates he may not be a combination P. Manning and T. Brady. (To be fair, you're not as bad as TMD. He has Bridgewater being Aaron Rodgers and walking on water. Probably at the same time.)

I find it amusing when people get their feelings hurt when someone ("expert" or otherwise) dares suggest that their idol may not be perfect. These are 20, 21 year old college players. The number of variables involved in determining their future success is in the hundreds, and for someone to pretend they know who is better than whom is just silly. 

Root for your guy. Hope he does well. But keep a sense of humor about it. And just keep in mind that you might not be right. Hard as that might be for you to consider.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Again...how many snaps has anyone witnessed Mariota lining up under center? Gimmicks don't work with the pros. Give me the guy who can read a d...make adjustments. ..and make the proper throw. Mariota is David Garrard on a better college team....been there, done that.
If you want someone to compare to Garrard, it's Boyd. They're really similar.

Mike Mayock is the best draft guy imo, never really liked the ESPN people.

Quote:Mike Mayock is the best draft guy imo, never really liked the ESPN people.

Yeah, and even he gets some big misses.....remember his praise for Gabbert??

Remember his lust for Danny Watkins? He also raved about Alualu.

;

;

Quote:Again...how many snaps has anyone witnessed Mariota lining up under center? Gimmicks don't work with the pros. Give me the guy who can read a d...make adjustments. ..and make the proper throw. Mariota is David Garrard on a better college team....been there, done that.

How many snaps from center did case keenum take before taking a two week crash course and excelling. your overrating the under center thing. 

Quote:Oh, now PFT is a source of truth and wisdom? OK. This gets better and better.

Look, I get it. Your 451 posts praising Bridgewater makes it clear that you feel invested in the guy and are going to take offense at anything someone says that indicates he may not be a combination P. Manning and T. Brady. (To be fair, you're not as bad as TMD. He has Bridgewater being Aaron Rodgers and walking on water. Probably at the same time.)

I find it amusing when people get their feelings hurt when someone ("expert" or otherwise) dares suggest that their idol may not be perfect. These are 20, 21 year old college players. The number of variables involved in determining their future success is in the hundreds, and for someone to pretend they know who is better than whom is just silly. 

Root for your guy. Hope he does well. But keep a sense of humor about it. And just keep in mind that you might not be right. Hard as that might be for you to consider.

What a great post!

Quote:Mike Mayock is the best draft guy imo, never really liked the ESPN people.
Mayock used to be good, but for the last few years he has been announcing games w/ NFL network and he hasn't been putting in the work for the draft like he used to. He doesn't even start looking at college tape until after the Super Bowl, and by then there is just far too much work to do to be among the best draftniks in the field. 

McShay and Kiper remind me Kramer on cnbc, throw out a lot of bs to get looks and artificially control stock prices, that is exactly they same nonsense they tried to pull last year with Luck and RG3, they tried to make RG3 look like jesus. Once draft day hits, Bridgewater is off the board first. 

Quote:I'll take it you were one of those guys who thought Kaepernick didn't stand a chance in the league coming from a pistol/spread offense in Nevada.

How did that end up working out?
And Kaepernick wad a 2nd round pick, we are talking about number 1 pick here

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 10:32 PM by rfc17.)

Mayock also praised Brandon Flowers while everyone else said he was too slow.  Nobody is going to be right every time.

As far as Scouts Inc, does anyone else have the insider password where you can read the scouting profile?  Well for Mariota they give him a below average ranking for accuracy and average for arm strength/mechanics.  Yet for Bridgewater they give him the highest ranking for accuracy and above average for arm strength/release.  Yet they rank Mariota higher?  They also give Bridgewater a higher grade for Mental Makeup.  Its so odd.  Its almost as if they one person put together the scouting reports and then a completely different person rank the players.

If injuries were not a part of the equation then I think you could make the case for Mariota.  Like all other levels of football, a running QB makes an offense so much more dynamic.  But the problem in the NFL is they just dont stay healthy.  If injuries werent a part of the equation RG3 would arguably be the best QB in the league.  Just cant stay healthy though.  A pure pocket passer isnt more effective, a pure pocket passer is more likely to stay healthy and not erode their skills.  Thats why you want a pure pocket passer.

Yep, Birdgewater for sure unless Mariota gets his act together quick, fast and in a hurry

I don't care which one just get it right this time, please Jaguars.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Oh, now PFT is a source of truth and wisdom? OK. This gets better and better.

Yes, like the huge Gabbert fanboy is a source of wisdom?

TEST

Quote: Mariotas upside is that he's a quick learner and people just don't want to acknowledge that potential. Watch out when his athletic ability matches his game IQ. It's going to be something to watch. 

Change "Mariotas" to "Gabberts" and it's 100% accurate. 

Not comparing Mariota to Gabbert completely, but I think this franchise needs a guy with a much higher floor than Mariota.  Bridgewater is that guy, IMO.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:What a great post!
Stop pushing Mariota, your argument died along with Oregons title hopes.

Even if Oregon wins, FSU is passing over them  

Its Bridgewater, not even debate at this point in time.