Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft priorities - Jaguars (McShay)

Remember when I said there is a current trend of fumbles for Mariota? 4 in the last 3 games.

TEST

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Remember when I said there is a current trend of fumbles for Mariota? 4 in the last 3 games.
I guess this Mariota hype is over? He needs another year of refinement. Not even a 1st rounder at this point

Quote:1. Who cares if he doesn't take snaps from under center.

2. He does make reads.

3. He's not close to Garrard and thats a horrible comparison.
1. Gabbert

2. I don't know about that. He runs a one-read offense. Only with a clean pocket does he goes through his read.

3. Right now he looks like a poor man Kaepernick. The only argument he has are his "athleticsm, measurables, and upsides". Unfortunately, we drafted a guy three years ago based on those three qualities.

Quote:Mike Mayock is the best draft guy imo, never really liked the ESPN people.
Mayock was a BIG believer in Blaine Gabbert.

Quote:1. Gabbert

2. I don't know about that. He runs a one-read offense. Only with a clean pocket does he goes through his read.

3. Right now he looks like a poor man Kaepernick. The only argument he has are his "athleticsm, measurables, and upsides". Unfortunately, we drafted a guy three years ago based on those three qualities.

Gabbert is about athletic as my grandma is in a limbo contest.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Gabbert is about athletic as my grandma is in a limbo contest.

You apparently didn't watch the combine.

TEST

Quote:You apparently didn't watch the combine.

No I watched the games.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You apparently didn't watch the combine.

Straight line speed. No lateral agility.

Quote:Stop pushing Mariota, your argument died along with Oregons title hopes.

Even if Oregon wins, FSU is passing over them  

What do I care about Oregon??? I'm an SEC guy and love most of the Florida teams because of the talent. But I also love the Region in general. I actually want the Seminoles in the title game. There you go assuming crap again. I have pushed Mariota, but I'll be the first to admit he didn't look good last night and the game seemed a little big to him at times. But then He didnt start to cry on the sidelines either. His team let him down in a big way. Either way I still like his upside. Not much has changed for me. 

Quote:Straight line speed. No lateral agility.
Agonizingly slow build up too...he lacks any semblance of quick twitch. That applies to his mechanics too. 

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 10:47 AM by Adam2012.)

Quote:Yes, like the huge Gabbert fanboy is a source of wisdom?

Who is this "huge Gabbert fanboy" you speak of? I wasn't aware there are any left.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:What do I care about Oregon??? I'm an SEC guy and love most of the Florida teams because of the talent. But I also love the Region in general. I actually want the Seminoles in the title game. There you go assuming crap again. I have pushed Mariota, but I'll be the first to admit he didn't look good last night and the game seemed a little big to him at times. But then He didnt start to cry on the sidelines either. His team let him down in a big way. Either way I still like his upside. Not much has changed for me. 
Im tired of people like you running their mouth their mouth about things they don't know about. Your boy got beat, go home and take a cold shower

Quote:What do I care about Oregon??? I'm an SEC guy and love most of the Florida teams because of the talent. But I also love the Region in general. I actually want the Seminoles in the title game. There you go assuming crap again. I have pushed Mariota, but I'll be the first to admit he didn't look good last night and the game seemed a little big to him at times. But then He didnt start to cry on the sidelines either. His team let him down in a big way. Either way I still like his upside. Not much has changed for me. 
Ah yes... The line everyone likes to use. "His team let him down" ... Isn't that the same excuse everyone used for Gabbert. It wasn't his fault... it was the team babay! The team let him down!

Gimme a break. He sucked. He played awful because Stanford knows their gimmicks and has a good front 7. Which is almost every single team in the NFL. In the NFL you need someone who can make reads then have a quick release to get the ball where it needs to go. Which is Teddy. Not Mariota.

It's pretty clear  - for many on here it's not about who is the best QB. It's about which poster is the coolest, who's the smartest, who has the biggest ego.

And it's so common, because that's the beauty of it - no one can lose! Everyone has their excuses at the ready.

Only six more months of reading responses like "I'm tired of people like you". Oh boy.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:His team let him down in a big way. Either way I still like his upside. Not much has changed for me.
Correction: You mean Mariota and his offense was out schemed, and he couldn't overcome that. A.K.A he's a system guy

And how do you quantify "upside"?

Quote:Correction: You mean Mariota and his offense was out schemed, and he couldn't overcome that. A.K.A he's a system guy

Don't respond to this dude, he is an absolute fruit

Quote:Correction: You mean Mariota and his offense was out schemed, and he couldn't overcome that. A.K.A he's a system guy

I kinda get what you're saying but this doesn't really prove Mariota is just a system guy. The system he was in was completely shut down by Stanford. Mariota had a big part in this but being out schemed doesn't mean he can't succeed in a different scheme.

You can't just change your whole offensive philosophy at half time because the other team knows your system. We've seen this with Chip Kelly in the nfl too. Some teams completely shut his offense down.

All this being said, Mariota looked flustered and just had an all around bad game. A few great throws but plenty of poor decisions and bad throws.

Quote:I kinda get what you're saying but this doesn't really prove Mariota is just a system guy. The system he was in was completely shut down by Stanford. Mariota had a big part in this but being out schemed doesn't mean he can't succeed in a different scheme.

You can't just change your whole offensive philosophy at half time because the other team knows your system. We've seen this with Chip Kelly in the nfl too. Some teams completely shut his offense down.

All this being said, Mariota looked flustered and just had an all around bad game. A few great throws but plenty of poor decisions and bad throws.
Its worse, he makes bad decisions and bad throws under pressure

Quote:Its worse, he makes bad decisions and bad throws under pressure

He did yesterday. I've seen him make good decisions and good throws under pressure. He was bad yesterday.

Quote:He did yesterday. I've seen him make good decisions and good throws under pressure. He was bad yesterday.

If teddy was so great they should've pounded the UCF knights without issue cause they have the best QB right? But it's a double standard in here.