Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoffs? Chad Henne makes Jim Mora look like a piker

“The guys are still hungry,” quarterback Chad Henne said. “We have eight games left. You can go 8-8 or you can go the other way… If you do go 8-8, there is that possibility you can sneak into the playoffs

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Feat...93eb974e38

As if the Jags have not jinxed themselves badly enough already, Henne talks playoff possibilities at 0-8 with 8 blowout losses.  Truly amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Haha

Still Hungry ?   GOLDEN CORRAL  .. nobody leaves hungry !!

Someone get this bum off the team before his enthusiasm wins us out of Teddy Bridgewater.

There is a fine line between optimism and delusion. Henne isn't in the middle on this one.

It's no wonder Gene Smith wanted to pay this guy so much money. They must be living in the same world of delusion.

it's not like he's saying they expect to get in the playoffs, kill the guy for trying to stay positive. I'd rather him say there still hungry then admit the teams calling it quits at the bye.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Someone get this bum off the team before his enthusiasm wins us out of Teddy Bridgewater.

That was funny.

I can hear the conversation now.

Khan: Hey Chad, thanks for seeing me

Chad: No problem Mr. Khan

Khan: Listen, I saw what you said about the playoffs

Chad: Yes sir, 8-8 teams have made it before. I think we have a real chance

Khan: Yeah (Bill Lumberg voice), about that, Chad. We aren't really looking for that type of enthusiasm at this point in our franchise history.

Chad: I don't understand Mr. Khan

Khan: Gus will be talking to you today. We are going with Stanzi. That will be all.

Chad: Thank you sir.

It's clear there are folks here who simply can't stand optimism in any form.

I'm not sure what you were expecting him to say.  I'd be more concerned if he had a defeatist attitude.  The fact that he's at least trying to sound optimistic is actually encouraging.  They haven't quit, and contrary to public opinion on this board, the players aren't tanking intentionally.  They're simply not good right now.  I don't find his statements to be delusional.

What's funny here is had he said the team sucks and they're not going to the playoffs, some of the same folks would have skewered him for having a bad attitude.  There's nothing these guys can do to win either on or off the field. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It's clear there are folks here who simply can't stand optimism in any form.

I'm not sure what you were expecting him to say.  I'd be more concerned if he had a defeatist attitude.  The fact that he's at least trying to sound optimistic is actually encouraging.  They haven't quit, and contrary to public opinion on this board, the players aren't tanking intentionally.  They're simply not good right now.  I don't find his statements to be delusional.

What's funny here is had he said the team sucks and they're not going to the playoffs, some of the same folks would have skewered him for having a bad attitude.  There's nothing these guys can do to win either on or off the field. 

Sometimes delusion and unwarranted optimism can be worse than the truth.

Quote:Sometimes delusion and unwarranted optimism can be worse than the truth.

I don't see it as unwarranted optimism either.  It's a young team that has a better schedule the second half of the season.  Doesn't mean they're going to the playoffs, but I'd much rather hear the starting QB for the team saying they haven't given up hope because stranger things have happened.  Everyone knows they're not going to the post season, but at least one player on the roster hasn't given up hope and thrown in the towel.  I see that as a good thing.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Sometimes delusion and unwarranted optimism can be worse than the truth.

How is the teams QB remaining optimistic a bad thing? I can see how talking about playoffs is amusing for the fans, but for the QB to remain optimistic, that can't possibly be a bad thing.

I don't have a problem with Chad Henne's optimism, and I don't have a problem with Jaguar fans (or any fans) scoffing/laughing at the idea of winning out and making the playoffs after being winless halfway through the year while being historically bad in the process. I just want this team to show improvement, the rest will take care of itself.

This is pretty equivalent to the unthoughtful locker room interview talk you would hear from just about every team.  No biggie

Gene's Myth

At this point his line should be "we're focusing on getting better and doing our jobs and taking it one week at a time."

It was a really dumb thing to talk about playoffs for multiple reasons, not the least of which is how stupid it makes him look in front of his teammates and the media.

Good, I am glad he said this.  I would rather him say this than the cliche let's improve week by week. 

Now it is time to put his money where his mouth is. 

You dont want him to simply quit, so I think he is saying the right thing but talk is cheap.

So now we know who's been making those "If the Jags win the rest of their games..." threads...

Quote:You dont want him to simply quit, so I think he is saying the right thing but talk is cheap.

Sure I do.

If the team got lucky and won 8 games in a row, we are still a horrible team with a lower draft pick and the same problems who just won 8 games against a soft schedule without the ability to compete against "real" teams. There is nothing Henne can do in the next 8 games that will make you say "Wow, Chad Henne is our franchise QB!". Even if he threw for 500 yards and 4 TD's a game that isn't happening.

At the end of the day, this franchise will be fortunate that Henne's talent level could never come close to backing up his hopeful dreams.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 12:22 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:Sure I do.

If the team got lucky and won 8 games in a row, we are still a horrible team with a lower draft pick and the same problems who just won 8 games against a soft schedule without the ability to compete against "real" teams. There is nothing Henne can do in the next 8 games that will make you say "Wow, Chad Henne is our franchise QB!". Even if he threw for 500 yards and 4 TD's a game that isn't happening.

At the end of the day, this franchise will be fortunate that Henne's talent level could never come close to backing up his hopeful dreams.

:woot: If Henne goes 4000 yards and 32 TD's in the next 8 games you wouldn't call him a franchise QB!? I'd do backflips