Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoffs? Chad Henne makes Jim Mora look like a piker

Quote:It finally clicked.  You are Lyndon B Johnson.

Don't worry soldiers, you'll be back home soon ...  WE ARE WINNING THIS WAR !!!

... i believe the term that was widely used during that era and is applicable here is "Blind Faith"
That's all great except for one major flaw in your epiphany.  I never said I agreed with what Henne said.  Keep trying.

I know the Diva likes this because, well, it's mildly clever even if completely incorrect.  Facts don't matter to the glitter queen.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He didn't sound like a total clown???! The Jags per the media's perception and statistically are seen as one of the worst teams in history and you are going to assert that Henne didn't sound like a total clown by inferring that the Jags still have a remote chance at the playoffs?????   Laughing Laughing thats some good stuff right there....

What am I trying to imply?? that you are being totally hypocritical and take a much lighter stance vs Henne than you would have been had Garrard said the same exact thing in a similar spot. You claiming another has a pea sized brain is funny, though. Nice projection. 

Hypocritical?  Really?  Because I will bash Henne based on his on-field performance when necessary, exactly the same way I was critical of Garrard when he screwed up.  So, where's the hypocrisy?  I never took a shot at Garrard for things he said or did away from the field, especially if it was a comment in a similar context to this one.  The only time I was ever critical of the comments he made was when he would pull the "aw shucks" routine after an ugly loss where it was his fault the team blew it, or when he'd throw guys under the bus in front of the press.  I never hammered him for being positive.  This is where your comprehension issues come into full flower.

Whether or not Henne is correct is irrelevant.  You really struggle with the concept that he's simply saying what he needs to say as a leader on this team.  Technically, if the team did win out the remainder of the season and other things happened around the league, there actually IS a remote possibility the team could make the playoffs.  Will it happen?  Not a chance, but so what if he says it today?  He's not a clown for expressing optimism.  You're the clown for attacking him for showing leadership.   

No projection required.  I'll put my intellect and my life situation up against yours any day. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Hypocritical?  Really?  Because I will bash Henne based on his on-field performance when necessary, exactly the same way I was critical of Garrard when he screwed up.  So, where's the hypocrisy?  I never took a shot at Garrard for things he said or did away from the field, especially if it was a comment in a similar context to this one.  The only time I was ever critical of the comments he made was when he would pull the "aw shucks" routine after an ugly loss where it was his fault the team blew it, or when he'd throw guys under the bus in front of the press.  I never hammered him for being positive.  This is where your comprehension issues come into full flower.

Whether or not Henne is correct is irrelevant.  You really struggle with the concept that he's simply saying what he needs to say as a leader on this team.  Technically, if the team did win out the remainder of the season and other things happened around the league, there actually IS a remote possibility the team could make the playoffs.  Will it happen?  Not a chance, but so what if he says it today?  He's not a clown for expressing optimism.  You're the clown for attacking him for showing leadership.   

No projection required.  I'll put my intellect and my life situation up against yours any day. 
A smart man doesn't buy a motorcycle like that and then use it as his signature on every post.

Quote:A smart man doesn't buy a motorcycle like that and then use it as his signature on every post.

not only that, but its a Kawasaki :yucky: Sick 

Quote:A smart man doesn't buy a motorcycle like that and then use it as his signature on every post.
Ouch!

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 05:07 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Hypocritical?  Really?  Because I will bash Henne based on his on-field performance when necessary, exactly the same way I was critical of Garrard when he screwed up.  So, where's the hypocrisy?  I never took a shot at Garrard for things he said or did away from the field, especially if it was a comment in a similar context to this one.  The only time I was ever critical of the comments he made was when he would pull the "aw shucks" routine after an ugly loss where it was his fault the team blew it, or when he'd throw guys under the bus in front of the press.  I never hammered him for being positive.  This is where your comprehension issues come into full flower.

Oh please, you took pot shots at Garrards perceived lack of intelligence all the time - you even had a cartoon illustrating Garrard's air head in your avatar. And you criticizing Garrard's intelligence also extended to his comments, as well as his play, so yes, you are being hypocritical here because what Henne said was foolish. There was a more intelligent way for Henne to convey optimism and be a leader than saying an outright laughable comment implying the Jags still had a chance for the playoffs when he's presiding over one of the worst teams statistically in league history.  

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 05:27 PM by trunt87.)

You Garrard FAN BOYS are hilarious. 

Get over it TMD.  Henne made a comment about there still being a chance at the playoffs.  Big deal. 

I wonder if he thought you were going to start crying about it. 

Quote:Say what you want about Chad Henne's performance level.       That likely will end his stay with the Jaguars after this season,   barring a major turnaround.

However, from a leadership standpoint,    I give Chad Henne credit.   The practice field,   meeting rooms,  and locker room can be a depressing place in an 0-8 season.    Henne is putting himself on the firing range with his optimistic outlook.    That's leadership!    Even if the end results continue to be losses for the Jaguars,  if Henne helps get younger players on the team to raise their level of play because of accountability,   Henne will have helped the Jaguars moving forward beyond 2013.   

I'm with you on this one, Henne's no superstar but I wouldn't be shocked nor upset if he's retained as the backup to help mentor whatever young QB we bring in. Before anyone jumps in with the "why would you want Henne to mentor any QB" I'm talking more about how a professional QB has to represent himself and conduct himself at this level. Henne might not have the talent but he has the work ethic from everything I've ever read about the guy.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Incognito crossed the line in his comments to J. Martin and likewise, I think Henne crossed the line with his comment as well.

Quote:Incognito crossed the line in his comments to J. Martin and likewise, I think Henne crossed the line with his comment as well.
Crossed the line? Who cares what he said. We are 0-8 and going no where. He knows it so who cares what he actually said.

God is an iron.

You guys missed it.  It's not about Henne being positive or negative.  It's just about.....playoffs?  Really, Chad?

Quote:Crossed the line? Who cares what he said. We are 0-8 and going no where. He knows it so who cares what he actually said.
He crossed the line.  I demand an apology.

...fyi .... it's a joke.

Quote:God is an iron.

You guys missed it.  It's not about Henne being positive or negative.  It's just about.....playoffs?  Really, Chad?
This.

It's suppose to be funny and ya'll ruined it.

Quote:At this point his line should be "we're focusing on getting better and doing our jobs and taking it one week at a time."

It was a really dumb thing to talk about playoffs for multiple reasons, not the least of which is how stupid it makes him look in front of his teammates and the media.

He does say that too. If you read the actual article.

"one game at a time. If we can take care of what we need to take care of, who knows what can happen?"

I agree though. It sounds stupid to talk about the playoffs, given how utterly terrible the Jaguars have performed.

He should focus on winning a game.

Quote:He does say that too. If you read the actual article.

<div>

"one game at a time. If we can take care of what we need to take care of, who knows what can happen?"

I agree though. It sounds stupid to talk about the playoffs, given how utterly terrible the Jaguars have performed.

He should focus on winning a game.

</div>

He should have just left it at one game at a time. Mentioning the p-word on this team is absurd.

Quote:Oh please, you took pot shots at Garrards perceived lack of intelligence all the time - you even had a cartoon illustrating Garrard's air head in your avatar. And you criticizing Garrard's intelligence also extended to his comments, as well as his play, so yes, you are being hypocritical here because what Henne said was foolish. There was a more intelligent way for Henne to convey optimism and be a leader than saying an outright laughable comment implying the Jags still had a chance for the playoffs when he's presiding over one of the worst teams statistically in league history.  

Keep trying.  My criticism of Garrard was always about what he did on the field, and that included making boneheaded decisions time and time again because he struggled to read defenses and understand what he was seeing on the field. 

I know it kills you any time anyone is even remotely positive in the statements they make, probably because you live a truly miserable life, so you must project that here as well.  We get it.  You've failed in the real world, so you need to show us how smart you are here.  That's why you start all those "look at me!" threads, and tell everyone all the time how smart you are.  The problem is, smart people don't have to tell others because most folks already see it.  The fact that you have to proclaim yourself smarter than the rest speaks volumes for what the truth about you actually is.  Now, get back to the kitchen. Those fries don't cook themselves.

I would rather see him at least fake that they are trying. Much better then saying hey we suck and are giving up on the year.

IT BEGINS.

Playoffs?

Quote:It's clear there are folks here who simply can't stand optimism in any form.

I'm not sure what you were expecting him to say.  I'd be more concerned if he had a defeatist attitude.  The fact that he's at least trying to sound optimistic is actually encouraging.  They haven't quit, and contrary to public opinion on this board, the players aren't tanking intentionally.  They're simply not good right now.  I don't find his statements to be delusional.

What's funny here is had he said the team sucks and they're not going to the playoffs, some of the same folks would have skewered him for having a bad attitude.  There's nothing these guys can do to win either on or off the field. 

I agree with you.