Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium Vote A Sign of the Future?

Quote:...the NFL is currently experimenting on termination.

Can you explain what you mean by that phrase?  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Can you explain what you mean by that phrase?  
I would like more info also...

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 02:49 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Can you explain what you mean by that phrase?  
Sure, the phrase relates to the fact that the stadium lease was to insure that Jacksonville would be provided two pre-season games, eight regular season games, and whatever home playoff games the Jaguars play each and every year of the lease.

By moving four regular season games to foreign soil, Khan has quite effectively bent the stadium lease - actually robbing Jacksonville of positive economic impact similar to what revenue the Florida-Georgia game and Gator Bowl game bring in.

The stadium scoreboard at a bombastic price demand coupled with the immediate declaration that London would be a great place for the Jaguars is a demoralizing way to probe the possibility simply moving the team without challenge.

The city of Jacksonville is in a fine position to counter by broaching the "put your money where your mouth is" lease extension part of it.

If Khan balks, we can expect him to turn to the court of public opinion. Remember from day one he lodged strategic racism allegations against us with the help of CBS NEWS 60 Minutes. That type of negative connotation puts us all in the aggressive posture and masks the amount of prejudice we face just for being the city of Jacksonville, Florida.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 12:59 PM by JagsQuest.)

Quote:Sure, the phrase relates to the fact that the stadium lease was to insure that Jacksonville would be provided two pre-season games, eight regular season games, and whatever home playoff games the Jaguars play each and every year of the lease.

By moving four regular season games to foreign soil, Khan has quite effectively bent the stadium lease - actually robbing Jacksonville of positive economic impact similar to what revenue the Florida-Georgia game and Gator Bowl game bring in.

The stadium scoreboard at a bombastic price demand coupled with the immediate declaration that London would be a great place for the Jaguars is a demoralizing way to probe the possibility simply moving the team without challenge.

The city of Jacksonville is in a fine position to counter by broaching the "put your money where your mouth is" lease extension part of it.

If Khan balks, we can expect him to turn to the court of public opinion. Remember from day one he lodged strategic racism allegations against us with the help of CBS NEWS 60 Minutes. That type of negative connotation puts us all in the aggressive posture and masks the amount of prejudice we face just for being the city of Jacksonville, Florida.
The lease may be bent but not broken. In addition to playing one game per year in London I am a strong advocate of playing one pre-seaon game per year in Orlando once the Citrus bowl completes it's $200 million renovation. It is vital we start making serious progress in the Orlando market. The London game does increase franchise profitablility which in turn solidifies our future in Jax. This in the short term is taking revenue from Jax but will be better for the city in the long term. The law of supply and demand also states that we will have less pressure selling out our home games as demand will be increased due to the overall decrease in gross tickets available which willl also be better for our franchise.

I do not see the price of the scoreboards as excessive with bed tax money being used that is already committed to the sports complex . Not to mention these upgrades will increase team revenue which in turn will create more revenue for the city . It will also draw more events to the stadium and help insure we do not lose the Florida/ Georgia game to cities like Orlando or Atlanta which will also help fill our coffers.

As for the new lease I absolutely agree. We need it to be as strong and nasty as possible. If we are going to pay for these upgrades we definitely deserve some peace of mind in return.

I also agree with your court of public opinion sentiment. Not so much on the racism aspect because that was pretty embarrassing and did not say a lot about our lack of cosmopolitan views. It is very strong however considering the black eye that was dealt to the NFL when the Browns and Colts abandoned their cities for supposed greener pastures which ultimately led to football returning to the communities.

Quote:The lease may be bent but not broken. In addition to playing one game per year in London I am a strong advocate of playing one pre-seaon game per year in Orlando once the Citrus bowl completes it's $200 million renovation. It is vital we start making serious progress in the Orlando market. The London game does increase franchise profitablility which in turn solidifies our future in Jax. This in the short term is taking revenue from Jax but will be better for the city in the long term. The law of supply and demand also states that we will have less pressure selling out our home games as demand will be increased for the overall decrease in gross tickets available which willl also be better for our franchise.

I do not see the price of the scoreboards as excessive with bed tax money being used that is already committed to the sports complex . Not to mention these upgrades will increase team revenue which in turn will create more revenue for the city . It will also draw more events to the stadium and help insure we do not lose the Florida/ Georgia game to cities like Orlando or Atlanta which will also help fill our coffers.

As for the new lease I absolutely agree. We need it to be as strong and nasty as possible. If we are going to pay for these upgrades we definitely deserve some peace of mind in return.

I also agree with your court of public opinion sentiment. Not so much on the racism aspect because that was pretty embarrassing and did not say a lot about our lack of cosmopolitan views. It is very strong however considering the black eye that was dealt to the NFL when the Browns and Colts abandoned their cities for supposed greener pastures which ultimately led to football returning to the communities.

Down $40 million dollars for a scoreboard to nowhere, how much time and money will the city of Jacksonville be willing to devote to fight a foreign legal battle should the moving vans show up at the stadium after midnight?

There's an old middle eastern saying that I'm sure Khan knows, "the dogs bark, but the caravan moves on."

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

You people are so dramatic.

Quote:Sure, the phrase relates to the fact that the stadium lease was to insure that Jacksonville would be provided two pre-season games, eight regular season games, and whatever home playoff games the Jaguars play each and every year of the lease.

Cool. Now you're just making stuff up. I assume you're an attorney.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

JungleCat is such an obvious troll it isn't even funny.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 05:22 PM by the Chiefjag.)

Quote:The lease may be bent but not broken. In addition to playing one game per year in London I am a strong advocate of playing one pre-seaon game per year in Orlando once the Citrus bowl completes it's $200 million renovation. It is vital we start making serious progress in the Orlando market. The London game does increase franchise profitablility which in turn solidifies our future in Jax. This in the short term is taking revenue from Jax but will be better for the city in the long term. The law of supply and demand also states that we will have less pressure selling out our home games as demand will be increased due to the overall decrease in gross tickets available which willl also be better for our franchise.

By your law of supply and demand it would benefit the Jacksonville community to play 4 games each year in London, and 2 games in Orlando. Then we would be sure to sell out the remaining 4 games in Jacksonville.

Do the math. Originally we had 10 games in Jax with roughly 57,000 for a total of 570,000 tickets. Take one game to London, one game to Orlando and maybe we sell 62,000 for 8 games for a total of 496,000. No, taking game away from Everbank is NOT good for Jax.

Regards................................the Chiefjag

Quote:I'm not too sure about that.

Everbank is approaching 20 years old.

Typical stadium shelf life is about 30 years.

The Astrodome was built in the 1970s.  By the mid 1990s it was obsolete.

The TWA dome (St. Louis) was completed circa 1997.  The Rams aready want a new stadium.

The Georgia Dome was completed circa 1992.  They are already talking a new stadium in Atlanta.

The meadowlands was completed in the mid to late 1970s.  It was replaced a couple of years ago.

Tampa stadium opened 1975 or so.  Raymond James stadium replaced it in the late 1990s-early 2000s.

We keep upgrading the stadium, which is a good thing.

But upgrades will only take it so far.

We can't afford to wait until the last minute to ensure we have a new stadium in place, or at least have plans for major renovations.

Somehow your points including the last one continue to get overlooked or played down.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Getting out of the city on gameday is ridiculous. I've been in Tailgaters lot for 17 seasons and they route you north bound on MLK regardless of where you want to go.

We left the parking lot after the Fl/Ga game at 8:20 pm. This is roughly 2 hours after the game was over. We wanted to go south on 95 but they routed us north. We ended up going to 8th street in bumper to bumper to turn around to get to Main Street Bridge. We were at the bridge at 9:17pm. An hour to get 1 mile from the stadium going in the direction we needed to go.

I suppose the intent is to get the cars out of the stadium parking vicinity in ANY direction, regardless of need, and then let the public zig zag through the streets until they find their route.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag
I spent my first full STH season carpooling with a buddy in Tailgaters lot, and I can speak to this, which is why I park near East Beaver and Franklin Street. All I got to do is take Franklin to Adams to Bay street all the way down by the Convention Center/JTA Employee Station and im on the interstate within 15-30 minutes.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I'm not too sure about that.

Everbank is approaching 20 years old.

Typical stadium shelf life is about 30 years.

The Astrodome was built in the 1970s.  By the mid 1990s it was obsolete.

The TWA dome (St. Louis) was completed circa 1997.  The Rams aready want a new stadium.

The Georgia Dome was completed circa 1992.  They are already talking a new stadium in Atlanta.

The meadowlands was completed in the mid to late 1970s.  It was replaced a couple of years ago.

Tampa stadium opened 1975 or so.  Raymond James stadium replaced it in the late 1990s-early 2000s.

We keep upgrading the stadium, which is a good thing.

But upgrades will only take it so far.

We can't afford to wait until the last minute to ensure we have a new stadium in place, or at least have plans for major renovations.

It's not as if they haven't made any upgrades to the stadium in the time since the old Gator Bowl was torn down and replaced with the current structure.  Over the past decade or, there have been major renovations including the prep for the Super Bowl and the current proposal.  They've been able to add premium seating in the stadium, and the existing sky boxes and club seats received extensive renovations in the past few years.  Now we're looking at yet another $65 million in renovations along with roughly $10 million spent on upgrading the locker and weight facilities. 

The kind of upgrades they're doing the stadium currently are significant, and more along the lines of major renovations considering they're basically demolishing half of the upper portion of the NEZ to create this party deck. 

I think with the steady stream of upgrades in the stadium, we're fine for at least another 10 years if not more depending on any future enhancements.  There will certainly come a time when there needs to be a discussion about a new stadium, but we've got time before we need to start worrying about that.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 06:38 PM by JagsQuest.)

Quote:By your law of supply and demand it would benefit the Jacksonville community to play 4 games each year in London, and 2 games in Orlando. Then we would be sure to sell out the remaining 4 games in Jacksonville.

Do the math. Originally we had 10 games in Jax with roughly 57,000 for a total of 570,000 tickets. Take one game to London, one game to Orlando and maybe we sell 62,000 for 8 games for a total of 496,000. No, taking game away from Everbank is NOT good for Jax.

Regards................................the Chiefjag
Please do not put words in my mouth Chief. I do not support 4 London games and 2 Orlando games.

Using your numbers I will pose the following very simple math question to you:

Which of the following units would be easier to sell and which number would be achieved first?

A. 570,000

B. 496,000

One London / Orlando game not only presents untold business and marketing opportunities but reduces stress on local ticket sales.

I will give you one more crack at this Chief

If you were a vacuum cleaner salesman which of the following quotas would be easier to achieve:

A. 570

B. 496

One more adjustment to your hypothetical. With the renovations we should focus on 69K not 62K or even 57K. With that being said 10 games would represent 690,000 and 8 games would be at 552,000.

Throw in a playoff game where we will extend the available tickets another 84,000 because Everbank is expandable and we are up to 636,000. Throw in 2 playoff games and we are up to 720,000. Why this example? Because Khan is going to bring a super bowl to Jax. After considering brand expansion , business networking opportunities and outside of northeast Florida market penetration this is a very good thing for Jax. Without the Jags nobody would know who we are. Why not utilize the franchise's marketing capabilities as Khan has recognized and is executing.?!?!?!?!?

Quote:It's not as if they haven't made any upgrades to the stadium in the time since the old Gator Bowl was torn down and replaced with the current structure.  Over the past decade or, there have been major renovations including the prep for the Super Bowl and the current proposal.  They've been able to add premium seating in the stadium, and the existing sky boxes and club seats received extensive renovations in the past few years.  Now we're looking at yet another $65 million in renovations along with roughly $10 million spent on upgrading the locker and weight facilities. 

The kind of upgrades they're doing the stadium currently are significant, and more along the lines of major renovations considering they're basically demolishing half of the upper portion of the NEZ to create this party deck. 

I think with the steady stream of upgrades in the stadium, we're fine for at least another 10 years if not more depending on any future enhancements.  There will certainly come a time when there needs to be a discussion about a new stadium, but we've got time before we need to start worrying about that.

I agree with the above. And the ones on the table continue to keep the stadium modernized. I spend alot of time in Charlotte and one of the biggest issues there is they built the stadium in 1996 and haven't really done anything with it. The city approved some upgrades this year. And for those wanting to talk about Khan moving the team. You should have seen what Richardson did up there.

;

;

Quote:Please do not put words in my mouth Chief. I do not support 4 London games and 2 Orlando games.

Using your numbers I will pose the following very simple math question to you:

Which of the following units would be easier to sell and which number would be achieved first?

A. 570,000

B. 496,000

One London / Orlando game not only presents untold business and marketing opportunities but reduces stress on local ticket sales.

I will give you one more crack at this Chief

If you were a vacuum cleaner salesman which of the following quotas would be easier to achieve:

A. 570

B. 496

One more adjustment to your hypothetical. With the renovations we should focus on 69K not 62K or even 57K. With that being said 10 games would represent 690,000 and 8 games would be at 552,000.

Throw in a playoff game where we will extend the available tickets another 84,000 because Everbank is expandable and we are up to 636,000. Throw in 2 playoff games and we are up to 720,000. Why this example? Because Khan is going to bring a super bowl to Jax. After considering brand expansion , business networking opportunities and outside of northeast Florida market penetration this is a very good thing for Jax. Without the Jags nobody would know who we are. Why not utilize the franchise's marketing capabilities as Khan has recognized and is executing.?!?!?!?!?

So you think reducing the number of games at Everbank will increase sales? Right? So by that logic the more games you reduce the more tickets will be sold per game. That's exactly what you said. You said if you reduce supply you increase demand.

I manufacture 100 tennis rackets a month. I sell 75 tennis rackets a month. If I reduce my output to 75 tennis rackets do you propose my sales will go up? Because that's exactly what the dynamics are at Everbank. Reducing supply does not increase demand UNLESS you're in a sold out market then that dictates an increase in price to the point where demand is reduced to match supply.

I don't know how you can conclude that a game in London and a game in Orlando will drive the citizens of Jacksonville to Everbank Field.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Quote:So you think reducing the number of games at Everbank will increase sales? Right? So by that logic the more games you reduce the more tickets will be sold per game. That's exactly what you said. You said if you reduce supply you increase demand.

I manufacture 100 tennis rackets a month. I sell 75 tennis rackets a month. If I reduce my output to 75 tennis rackets do you propose my sales will go up? Because that's exactly what the dynamics are at Everbank. Reducing supply does not increase demand UNLESS you're in a sold out market then that dictates an increase in price to the point where demand is reduced to match supply.

I don't know how you can conclude that a game in London and a game in Orlando will drive the citizens of Jacksonville to Everbank Field.

Reducing supply does not increase demand. Reducing the price of a season ticket does. On top of that, the London game is essentially guaranteed income for the Jaguars, it's money flowing into the Jacksonville economy without the local populace having to lift a single finger.

Quote:Reducing supply does not increase demand. Reducing the price of a season ticket does. On top of that, the London game is essentially guaranteed income for the Jaguars, it's money flowing into the Jacksonville economy without the local populace having to lift a single finger.

The London game increases the Jaguars revenue by "seven figures". Considering the Jaguars out on their lease involves them losing money, it seems Khan is going about this all wrong if he wants to move the team.

;

;

Quote:So you think reducing the number of games at Everbank will increase sales? Right? So by that logic the more games you reduce the more tickets will be sold per game. That's exactly what you said. You said if you reduce supply you increase demand.

Are you serious man? You cannot be serious. I said fewer tickets will increase demand for them which in turn reduces stress on local ticket sales making it easier for us to put 69K in Everbank.

I am not saying offering fewer tickets equates to selling more tickets. Are you high right now? Please read my post again, never did I say that offering fewer tickets equates to more tickets sold.

If I knew you were this dense I would not have included the playoff scenario because you are lost dude. Supply and demand is not a difficult concept but it is kicking your tail I see. The law of supply and demand is the most dominant law in our free market economy. I probably just went way over your head.

Yes I am being a little harsh on you right now but it is upsetting that you twist words and do not comprehend the 5th grade examples I laid out for you. You probably do not understand the long term benefits of national and international marketing either. 

Please answer the following two questions...seriously...before we continue I at least need to know you understand these concepts before we move onto 6th grade.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Which of the following units would be easier to sell and which number would be achieved first?

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">A. 570,000

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">B. 496,000

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">One London / Orlando game not only presents untold business and marketing opportunities but reduces stress on local ticket sales.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">I will give you one more crack at this Chief

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">If you were a vacuum cleaner salesman which of the following quotas would be easier to achieve:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">A. 570

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">B. 496

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 10:25 PM by JagsQuest.)

Quote:Reducing supply does not increase demand. Reducing the price of a season ticket does. On top of that, the London game is essentially guaranteed income for the Jaguars, it's money flowing into the Jacksonville economy without the local populace having to lift a single finger.
I was freaking out and did not read your entire post.....I agree with this...my bad for freaking out...partially...fewer tickets will reduce local ticket sale stress

If tickets are $10 each for 10 games then we would be at $100

If tickets are $10 each for 8 games then we would be at $80......

This is what you mean I hope.

Quote:The London game increases the Jaguars revenue by "seven figures". Considering the Jaguars out on their lease involves them losing money, it seems Khan is going about this all wrong if he wants to move the team.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great point and happy 33rd birthday Bon Jagley. Why do people not get this?