Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Pasztor the answer at RT?

I haven't been able to catch the last few Jaguar games so I'm a little curious about how Austin Pasztor has been performing. I know he had some early success. Has he slowed down since? Is he the answer at RT?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We can only hope

I don't think the "answer" to anything, with a few possible exceptions,  is on the field right now.

We need to get through the season, the draft and into next years programs before anything or any body starts

looking like the Jaguars of 2014 and beyond.

Love my team but its just the way I feel right now.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We have 8 more games to answer the question.  So far, he has been a pleasant surprise.

Pasztor may give the Jaguars an opportunity to move other positions up the draft needs chart, over RT. I doubt he's secured himself as a mainstay just yet, but he has that potential.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

He's big.  He's strong.  He's adequate.  His athleticism is lacking a little which leads me to believe that someone like J.J. Watt could give him fits.

Quote:He's big.  He's strong.  He's adequate.  His athleticism is lacking a little which leads me to believe that someone like J.J. Watt could give him fits.

Being that the Jaguars face the Texans twice in the 2nd half of the season,  these games could provide a good gauge in whether the Jaguars have to upgrade the RT position.  As difficult as this season has been for the Jaguars, these games can be invaluable in the evaluation process.  One thing I'm convinced of is there's no such thing as a meaningless game for an NFL team.

He good. He answer.

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

Quote:....As difficult as this season has been for the Jaguars, these games can be invaluable in the evaluation process.  One thing I'm convinced of is there's no such thing as a meaningless game for an NFL team.

Got that right!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If you listen to the PR, the Jaguars offensive line has vastly improved.

Naturally, that's the Gene Smith scouting department fleecing us into believing that the worst offensive line in the NFL isn't the worst offensive line in the NFL.

Teams are finding they can successfully defeat us without a lot of fuss at the edge.

Better to let Chad Henne throw equals less sacks.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Pasztor may give the Jaguars an opportunity to move other positions up the draft needs chart, over RT. I doubt he's secured himself as a mainstay just yet, but he has that potential.
The same fool's gold all over again. The gold standard for measuring offensive line success is yards rushing.

Start living up to your contract.

Our only hope is if Caldwell will swear off drafting for what appears to be a need and just stick to honest league-wide consensus in grading followed up by drafting the absolutely best football players available regardless of what position they play.

If we didn't already have Luke Joeckel on the roster there's no way on earth we could have unloaded an asset like Eugene Monroe for multiple draft picks before he quit town. 

Kentucky OG Larry Warford is way better at his job than Gratz is at his. In fact, Warford's draft grade was twenty points higher than Gratz. That made drafting Gratz (62.1 grade) over Warford (88.6 grade) a pretty severe reach. Warford is simply a better football player than Gratz is, but we didn't get him.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

I'll put it this way...

Of all five starters on the OL, he's the only one I'm truly pleased with.

'02

Quote:He's big. He's strong. He's adequate. His athleticism is lacking a little which leads me to believe that someone like J.J. Watt could give him fits.

Those are the two games I'm looking at

watt will manhandle him somewhat, he manhandles everyone but if he can hold watt under 2 pressures and a sack and keep his,hands down I will be delighted with what we have

just out of interest lack of athleticism is not something I've noticed really how so?

I think he has done a good job. I think you could go into next season with him at right tackle and not feel terrible about it. With as many holes as this team has, that's not a bad thing.

;

;

It would sure be cool if he was.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Quote:The same fool's gold all over again. The gold standard for measuring offensive line success is yards rushing.

Our only hope is if Caldwell will swear off drafting for what appears to be a need and just stick to honest league-wide consensus in grading followed up by drafting the absolutely best football players available regardless of what position they play.

If we didn't already have Luke Joeckel on the roster there's no way on earth we could have unloaded an asset like Eugene Monroe for multiple draft picks before he quit town. 

Kentucky OG Larry Warford is way better at his job than Gratz is at his. In fact, Warford's draft grade was twenty points higher than Gratz. That made drafting Gratz (62.1 grade) over Warford (88.6 grade) a pretty severe reach. Warford is simply a better football player than Gratz is, but we didn't get him.

By no means am I questioning the Jaguars draft decision in Round 3 or any of their draft decisions this year.     It's still relatively early in the process in seeing how things ultimately turn out.

A key advantage the Lions had regarding the decision making process involving Larry Warford is the Lions coaching staff had the opportunity to coach him at the Senior Bowl.     The same with DE Ziggy Ansah,   who became the Lions 1st Round pick.      Many of the concerns about both players were erased in that one week in Mobile, AL.

It gets back to what I expressed on the College Football Forum earlier this season.   If the Jaguars Coaching staff has the opportunity to coach one of the squads in the 2014 Senior Bowl,  it could make a major difference with how the 2014 Draft turns out for the Jaguars.   In some cases,   you find out which players NOT to draft or at the very least lower their draft grades substantially.

Quote:The same fool's gold all over again. The gold standard for measuring offensive line success is yards rushing.

Dang, if only Caldwell had access to those draft grades he wouldn't have "reached".  Those internet draft grades mean nothing dude, it's the teams draft grades that determine a reach or not.

I think he'll finish this season and go into next season as the starting RT. Definitely need to bring in a veteran though in the offseason incase he regressses.

Quote: 

I guess he forgot to pick Autodraft. Damn.

;

;

If you guys are fans of PFF, Austin grades out +6.8 in pass protection (tied for 16th amongst all tackles) & -4.1 in run blocking (59th amongst all tackles), he's a +2.1 overall. He's playing at a level consistent with Riley Reiff, Jermon Bushrod, Duane Brown (He's having a down year) etc... The top 10 tackles according to their metrics are Nate Solder, Jake Long, Trent Williams, Jordan Gross, Joe Staley, Andrew Witworth, Demar Dotson, Joe Thomas, Tyler Polumbus, & Sebastian Vollmer.