Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Pasztor the answer at RT?

Quote:If you guys are fans of PFF, Austin grades out +6.8 in pass protection (tied for 16th amongst all tackles) & -4.1 in run blocking (59th amongst all tackles), he's a +2.1 overall. He's playing at a level consistent with Riley Reiff, Jermon Bushrod, Duane Brown (He's having a down year) etc... The top 10 tackles according to their metrics are Nate Solder, Jake Long, Trent Williams, Jordan Gross, Joe Staley, Andrew Witworth, Demar Dotson, Joe Thomas, Tyler Polumbus, & Sebastian Vollmer.

I still think run blocking is Pasztor's strong suit. It's just that the team is so bad run blocking right now that I imagine they're all getting poor grades there. Maybe you can double check that for me though.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I still think run blocking is Pasztor's strong suit. It's just that the team is so bad run blocking right now that I imagine they're all getting poor grades there<strong>. Maybe you can double check that for me though. </strong>

You could be on to something, since being traded to Baltimore Eugene Monroe has been playing a lot better. He graded out as a -3.1 while in Jax, he's grading out as a +7.8 in Baltimore. The Ravens offensive line isn't good but it's certainly better than Jacksonville's. The Jaguars have two worst offensive line in football; Will Rackley -21.4 & Cameron Bradfield -9.9, ouch.

Quote:Those are the two games I'm looking at

watt will manhandle him somewhat, he manhandles everyone but if he can hold watt under 2 pressures and a sack and keep his,hands down I will be delighted with what we have

just out of interest lack of athleticism is not something I've noticed really how so?

To me, his feet and lower body seem a little slow.  He can compensate with his height and arm span, but I get the definite impression that against a quick and tricky DE like J.J. Watt, Pasztor will struggle to keep his mass between Watt and the QB.  I foresee Pasztor getting a couple of holding calls out of desperation and frustration.