Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CALDWELL & BRADLEY IS ON THE CLOCK IN 2014

We're essentially going through a 16 game preseason. There has to be significant improvement with the roster and play of the Jaguars.

I'm not saying they should be canned if we win less than 3-4 games, but we should be competitive in far more games next season.

I think we have the right GM / Coach to get us winning again, but 2014 will be telling...with 2 years into the coach system & 2 years of roster moves and draft picks.
We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Teddy will lead us to the promised land.

From Louisville to Jacksonville; from a small school to a small market team.

I've accepted the rest of this season is nothing more then a glorified preseason. I don't think it had to be this bad going in but were here so lets go find some guys. Meester, Marcedes, Gabbert, Henne, MJD, these guys shouldn't see another snap.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Teddy will lead us to the promised land.

I hope so. But who's developing Teddy? Jedd Fisch?? Laughing 

Poor Teddy. 

Quote:I hope so. But who's developing Teddy? Jedd Fisch?? Laughing 

Poor Teddy.
I'm sure you'll get a call.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I hope so. But who's developing Teddy? Jedd Fisch?? Laughing

Poor Teddy. 

Again, do you really think Fisch will be here next year?  He's on a one year contract.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

*are on the clock

Quote:Teddy will lead us to the promised land.

... Is that our new battle cry !!  I think we need to revamp it a little since they do have a student population of ~ 20,000 and are one of the top NCAA Basketball Teams .... not really a small school

Quote:Again, do you really think Fisch will be here next year?  He's on a one year contract.
Is he really? Where'd you hear this? Cause I never heard this go public.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 03:38 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:Is he really? Where'd you hear this? Cause I never heard this go public.

I heard this on this board. It was Badger that said it.  I couldn't find anything on how long of a contract he had myself.  

Here's the quote:

Quote:<div>
It will depend on how the team performs down the stretch. Odds are we will lose every game and he won't be resigned.

It is important to note that he is on a one year contract.

I think he is one and done.
</div>

I doubt that he would have left Miami for a one year deal.

;

;

Quote:I doubt that he would have left Miami for a one year deal.

Why do you doubt that?

We should get Mariotta or pick a QB in the second round. Teddy will be a very good QB. But he cannot bring immediate success with that offensive line/scheme. There is something wrong in the jaguars for too long that is beyond the coaching,QB. Maybe its the combination of the variety things. Anyway we need someone who can run and be an efficient pocket passer. Kinda Roethlisbergerish, Kappernikish.

If you put Teddy under this offensive line, it would be a mess. If we draft Teddy, we better get a decent OL or get a good backup next year who can start and keep us competitive for the first half of the season. We may not run for the playoff next year but atleast we want someone to keep the team motivated on winning.

Anyway I like Mariotta if he declares for the draft.

Quote:We should get Mariotta or pick a QB in the second round. Teddy will be a very good QB. But he cannot bring immediate success with that offensive line/scheme. There is something wrong in the jaguars for too long that is beyond the coaching,QB. Maybe its the combination of the variety things. Anyway we need someone who can run and be an efficient pocket passer. Kinda Roethlisbergerish, Kappernikish.

If you put Teddy under this offensive line, it would be a mess. If we draft Teddy, we better get a decent OL or get a good backup next year who can start and keep us competitive for the first half of the season. We may not run for the playoff next year but atleast we want someone to keep the team motivated on winning.

Don't like Mariota.  He's going to run into a lot of problems in the NFL.  Give me Teddy every day of the week.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 03:52 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:We should get Mariotta or pick a QB in the second round. Teddy will be a very good QB. But he cannot bring immediate success with that offensive line/scheme. There is something wrong in the jaguars for too long that is beyond the coaching,QB. Maybe its the combination of the variety things. Anyway we need someone who can run and be an efficient pocket passer. Kinda Roethlisbergerish, Kappernikish.

Mariota...another developmental QB...no thanks. Don't want a guy we have to spend 2 years teaching to play QB.Also our o line has been looking fine and teddy has mobility. Do you watch cfb

Quote:Why do you doubt that?

Job security, financial security.

He had a good gig at Miami. He would not have given that up for a one year deal in the NFL. I'd be willing to be he has at least a two or three year deal.

;

;

do the 4 preseason games we have don't count?  or do 4 of the regular season games become so bad that they do not exist in time or space? 

Quote:Again, do you really think Fisch will be here next year?  He's on a one year contract.

Aren't all the assistants generally on one year deals that usually get extended, anyway?

Either way, I unfortunately do expect Fisch to be here next season because Bradley doesn't strike me as the kind of coach that will be jettisoning/ scapegoating his assistants often like Del Rio did. In this case, thats bad because Bradley didn't bring in a lot of good assistants, and his Coordinators are garbage. 

Quote:Mariota...another developmental QB...no thanks. Don't want a guy we have to spend 2 years teaching to play QB.Also our o line has been looking fine and teddy has mobility. Do you watch cfb

Agreed. 

Quote:Job security, financial security.

He had a good gig at Miami. He would not have given that up for a one year deal in the NFL. I'd be willing to be he has at least a two or three year deal.

He's moved around quite a bit over the years.  Not sure what makes you say he wouldn't give that up for a higher paying gig and a shot at moving into the NFL.  I mean if that's his dream to coach in the NFL, he'd take an opportunity even if it meant it was just a one year trial.  

Quote:Either way, I unfortunately do expect Fisch to be here next season because Bradley doesn't strike me as the kind of coach that will be jettisoning/ scapegoating his assistants often like Del Rio did. In this case, thats bad because Bradley didn't bring in a lot of good assistants, and his Coordinators are garbage. 

I honestly don't.  It's not scapegoating an assistant to not retain him after a year.  Especially when you're bringing in a new Quarterback.  How many OC's were interviewed that turned the position down because they didn't want Gabbert or Henne as their QB?  More options will be available, and with a new QB a new direction will be taken.