Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CALDWELL & BRADLEY IS ON THE CLOCK IN 2014

Quote:I honestly don't.  It's not scapegoating an assistant to not retain him after a year.  Especially when you're bringing in a new Quarterback.  How many OC's were interviewed that turned the position down because they didn't want Gabbert or Henne as their QB?  More options will be available, and with a new QB a new direction will be taken.

Sig bet on Fisch being retained for next season? :whistling: 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fisch will be here and he will be a good OC.

Quote:Fisch will be here and he will be a good OC.

for the "good OC" part.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing:

Quote:for the "good OC" part.

Laughing Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing:
How can you honestly get an evaluation on him with this mess?  You're the typical "offense not good, must be the coordinator" type of shallow.  I watched how he turned around that UM offense and truly believe it will translate when he gets a real QB with surrounding cast.  Laugh if you want, it's an opinion just like yours. 

Quote:How can you honestly get an evaluation on him with this mess?  You're the typical "offense not good, must be the coordinator" type of shallow.  I watched how he turned around that UM offense and truly believe it will translate when he gets a real QB with surrounding cast.  Laugh if you want, it's an opinion just like yours. 

Not true....I supported Koetter the entire time here....even when the numbers late in his tenure weren't as impressive as the beginning. 

I'd consider the sig bet if we go 0-16.

Simply put, I think Bradley did not have a good choice for OC.  When candidates saw that Gabbert and Henne were our QB, they refused the job because they weren't desperate.  With Teddy Bridgewater, Candidates will be much more willing to show up.

And Fisch is a terrible coordinator, and I have no idea how anyone can say he's GOOD.  Just because he doesn't have anything to work with?  That certainly doesn't make him good.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Nothing get's me pumped up like a good old fashioned sig bet!  

Gene's Myth

We've been outscored by so many points in the 1st half that it is obvious we are not preparing properly for the opponent.  I'm not saying we need to be tied or winning, I'm just saying the opponents defense is totally outsmarting us.

Quote:We've been outscored by so many points in the 1st half that it is obvious we are not preparing properly for the opponent.  I'm not saying we need to be tied or winning, I'm just saying the opponents defense is totally outsmarting us.

And the opponents offense, that's for sure

Gene's Myth

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 04:58 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'd consider the sig bet if we go 0-16.

Simply put, I think Bradley did not have a good choice for OC.  When candidates saw that Gabbert and Henne were our QB, they refused the job because they weren't desperate.  With Teddy Bridgewater, Candidates will be much more willing to show up.

And Fisch is a terrible coordinator, and I have no idea how anyone can say he's GOOD.  Just because he doesn't have anything to work with?  That certainly doesn't make him good.

I agree with you on Fisch - he was a terrible hire (as was Babich and most of the assistants) .....I just disagree with you in that I don't see Bradley getting rid of him after this season......Bradley is too much of a nice guy to fire any of his assistants. Just like he's too nice with the players and wants to be their buddy rather than their boss. 

Quote:Is he really? Where'd you hear this? Cause I never heard this go public.

I heard that Fisch was brought here NOT for the QB's that are on the roster now, but for the QB that we'll be drafting. His tutelage of the QB's @ Miami. Jesus himself couldn't be a successful Offensive Coordinator with the bad QB's on this terrible roster.
We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

Quote:I agree with you on Fisch - he was a terrible hire (as was Babich and most of the assistants) ...

Please elaborate.

Quote:I heard that Fisch was brought here NOT for the QB's that are on the roster now, but for the QB that we'll be drafting. His tutelage of the QB's @ Miami. Jesus himself couldn't be a successful Offensive Coordinator with the bad QB's on this terrible roster.

WHere'd you hear this from? Fisch?

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 05:56 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Please elaborate.

Fisch hasn't been able to sustain consistent work in his entire coaching career. Everywhere he's gone he's only lasted a year or 2. And none of his offenses on his resume have yielded anything extraordinary, Babich?? He SUCKED as DC for a Chicago Bears team that had a good amount of defensive talent. Their defenses were better before and after his tenure at DC there. 

Most of the Jags assistants hired were terrible other than Jerry Sullivan and maybe DeWayne Walker. Both of them actually have solid resumes. 

The rest were just the runts of the litter that we had to settle for and most were merely cronies of Bradley from the past. Duffner is complete garbage and God knows what incriminating pictures he has to continually keep his job through regimes....when is the last young LB that he developed????? Daryl Smith?? So one good one in almost ten years??

Quote:Not true....I supported Koetter the entire time here....even when the numbers late in his tenure weren't as impressive as the beginning.

I thought I remember you bashing Koetter. I could be wrong... I bashed him I know, but it's funny that the offenses under JDR, and all the different coordinators remained the same ---- 3 yds & a cloud of dust. From Mustgrave -Carl Smith & Dirk Koetter------the same

Quote:I thought I remember you bashing Koetter. I could be wrong... I bashed him I know, but it's funny that the offenses under JDR, and all the different coordinators remained the same ---- 3 yds & a cloud of dust. From Mustgrave -Carl Smith & Dirk Koetter------the same

I challenge you to find quotes of me bashing Koetter. They don't exist because I was always pro Koetter. 

Koetter was handcuffed under JDR most of the time. You can see the difference in Atlanta under Koetter. That said Koetter was clearly superior to Carl Smith and Bill Musgrave.....I have some friends who are Minnesota Vikings fans that constantly rip on Musgrave......I just laugh as I tell them, yep I've been there before....

Quote:WHere'd you hear this from? Fisch?

Yes, Fisch told me this yesterday.

I heard it from an interview that Ryan O' Halleran gave this week.

Quote:I agree with you on Fisch - he was a terrible hire (as was Babich and most of the assistants) .....I just disagree with you in that I don't see Bradley getting rid of him after this season......Bradley is too much of a nice guy to fire any of his assistants. Just like he's too nice with the players and wants to be their buddy rather than their boss.
It must be really neat to be involved with the Jaguars' coaching staff. This firsthand knowledge you possess really gives you a unique perspective on the team.

The next time Bradley asks you to sit in on a meeting can you bring me along? I'd like inside info too so I can make matter-of-fact statements to strangers on the internet. Just PM me when you get the call so we can make travel arrangements.

Quote:Fisch hasn't been able to sustain consistent work in his entire coaching career. Everywhere he's gone he's only lasted a year or 2. And none of his offenses on his resume have yielded anything extraordinary, Babich?? He SUCKED as DC for a Chicago Bears team that had a good amount of defensive talent. Their defenses were better before and after his tenure at DC there.

Most of the Jags assistants hired were terrible other than Jerry Sullivan and maybe DeWayne Walker. Both of them actually have solid resumes.

The rest were just the runts of the litter that we had to settle for and most were merely cronies of Bradley from the past. Duffner is complete garbage and God knows what incriminating pictures he has to continually keep his job through regimes....when is the last young LB that he developed????? Daryl Smith?? So one good one in almost ten years??

Strange as it is I find myself agreeing with you on this but I think both coordinators will,get one more year as both have been shackled by the team this year

On d I have barely seen any blitzes or schemes beyond cover 2 and quarters simply because we can't trust the rookies in man yet

Next year with a more talented front 7 and a more unified secondary I think we will see more looks and hopefully better play

On offense QB plays has crushed us along with poor play from the center of the oline reinforce that with a few picks and give Fischer a QB that can spray it around more and we will.see where he takes it

However I think you may be right neither coordinator will last past year 2

Quote:I hope so. But who's developing Teddy? Jedd Fisch?? Laughing

Poor Teddy. 
Laughing  Who is he gonna throw to? Who is gonna block?

Let's make the exact same mistake with Teddy that we made with Garrard and Gabbert. 

Draft Teddy and throw him to the wolves! 

What an awesome idea.

Let Teddy go somewhere else better equipped to protect the QB. Somebody wants Teddy? Let them fork over the picks we need to get better.

Dump Henne. Keep Gabbert and draft Cody Green at some point in the draft. Cody won't cost a first round pick and he has a lot of pro football hum-hum. 

If it doesn't work out, then we can convert picks to draft Winston, a more suitable signal-caller than Teddy.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif