Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags really are cursed?

Interesting article.  Maybe there is something too the jags luck

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/unbelievab...06865.html

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bad drafting is not bad luck.

Quote:Interesting article.  Maybe there is something too the jags luck

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/unbelievab...06865.html

Do you even understand what a "curse" is?

No.

/thread
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

He DID draft that badly without trying.

Why the heck do you think he isn't on any other team staff?

In gene we bust. Wallbash

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Gene was terrible as a GM…some time that's all there is to it.

Gene's Myth

LOL, we were cursed with Gene Smith, that I can agree with.  I curse that dude under my breath all the time

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 09:37 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Sort of weird that the player they chose to picture in the article is one released earlier this week and wasn't even drafted by the team.

;

;

We placed 90% stock in the draft and busted.  This is what you get when you can't balance free agency with the draft. 

Quote:We placed 90% stock in the draft and busted.  This is what you get when you can't balance free agency with the draft. 

Most good teams are built almost exclusively through the draft. You just can't draft crap, which is what Gene Smith did.

;

;

Colts going from Manning to Luck is bad luck for the Jags.

If the Texans somehow land Jameis Winston in the 2015 draft, I think there's a possibility of a curse. lol.

Quote:Bad drafting is not bad luck.

Bad leadership

Quote:Bad drafting is not bad luck.

Quote: Bad leadership
Both. Bad leadership and bad drafting.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 11:51 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Most good teams are built almost exclusively through the draft. You just can't draft crap, which is what Gene Smith did.

False. 

Most good teams are built via every available resource i.e. draft, smart -usually cheaper- FA signings that ultimately have the player actually OUTPRODUCE his contract (I know, foreign concept here for a long time), as well as shrewd trades. 

They are not built "exclusively" through the draft. Good GM's would laugh at that comment as wasting other avenues of opportunity. 

Quote:Both. Bad leadership and bad drafting.

This ^^^^

Chicago Bears

Free Agency Acquisitions:  Cutler, B. Marshall, J Peppers, M Bennett .....

moves like that protect you from being bad.

Quote:Chicago Bears

Free Agency Acquisitions:  Cutler, B. Marshall, J Peppers, M Bennett .....

moves like that protect you from being bad.

The first two were trades. Not free agents.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 11:53 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The first two were trades. Not free agents.

Welp, looks like that already proves you wrong. You said good teams were built totally through the draft. 

I however, in a few posts above disputed that claim and stated that good teams are build utilizing all available avenues of resource. (draft/ trade/ FA/ CFL/ whatever)

Quote:Colts going from Manning to Luck is bad luck for the Jags.

If the Texans somehow land Jameis Winston in the 2015 draft, I think there's a possibility of a curse. lol.

Man, That would be completely unfair.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:False. 

Most good teams are built via every available resource i.e. draft, smart usually cheaper FA signings that usually have the player actually OUTPRODUCE his contract (I know, foreign concept here for a long time), as well as shrewd trades. 

They are not built "exclusively" through the draft. Good GM's would laugh at that comment as wasting other avenues of opportunity. 

Do you know what "almost" means? Chiefs are undefeated, best record in the NFL right?

Draft picks

Jamaal Charles

Dexter McCluster

Dwayne Bowe

Branden Albert

Rodney Hudson

Jeff Allen

Jon Asomuah

Eric Fisher

Tamba Hali

Dontari Powe

Derrick Johnson

Justin Houston

Eric Berry

Brandon Flowers

Ryan Succop

Dustin Colquitt

The only real free agent of consequence on the team is Sean Smith. And he essentially just replaced a draft pick they let walk in free agency in Brandon Carr.

The other free agent are all just pieces like Anthony Fasano , Mike Devito and Dunta Robinson

So the Chiefs are built "almost exclusively" through the draft.

Do you want to keep going?

;

;

Yeah nothing chaps my can more than anything is the Colts getting to go from Manning to Luck.  Nothing like completely bypassing the misery.  Jealous much?  For me heck yeah I'm jealous.  We went Brunell>>Leftwich>>Garrard>>Gabbert.  Oh my what a deal.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.