Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags really are cursed?

Quote:Bad drafting is not bad luck.
But he wasn't picking guys in the 1st round who were projected in the 7th round.   Even if he picked guys one round too early, that doesn't account for the long term results being so bad.   There has to be some bad luck involved.   

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Do you know what "almost" means? Chiefs are undefeated, best record in the NFL right?

Draft picks

Jamaal Charles

Dexter McCluster

Dwayne Bowe

Branden Albert

Rodney Hudson

Jeff Allen

Jon Asomuah

Eric Fisher

Tamba Hali

Dontari Powe

Derrick Johnson

Justin Houston

Eric Berry

Brandon Flowers

Ryan Succop

Dustin Colquitt

The only real free agent of consequence on the team is Sean Smith. And he essentially just replaced a draft pick they let walk in free agency in Brandon Carr.

The other free agent are all just pieces like Anthony Fasano , Mike Devito and Dunta Robinson

So the Chiefs are built "almost exclusively" through the draft.

Do you want to keep going?

Yep -- then they went out and spent $10m on a QB and $6m on a head coach and now they are good.

.... we picked up Stanzi and hired Gus

Quote:Nobody has said that.

You're either ignoring my original point or just not following.

Here is Hurricane's post:

Find me one good team in the NFL that is not built at least 90% through the draft.

Do you think ir's a coincidence that the teams that win the offseason like the Bucs, Dolphins and Cowboys almost never win the regular season?

I'm not saying volume of players, just the key players.  I agree 100% that the draft is more critical but when you don't hit you need to compensate in Free Agency.  Denver selected Tebow in round 1 then offset that by Manning.  Bears were stuck on Grossman then they got Cutler.  Seattle went out and traded for Marshawn Lynch .....  I do agree with your position about the draft but I'm still disappointed that we didn't take a chance to try to change things up to speed up our recovery process.   we're too far gone to have immediate answers at this point but there were opportunities that we let go ... not under Caldwell - there wasn't much last offseason.

Quote:I'm not saying volume of players, just the key players. I agree 100% that the draft is more critical but when you don't hit you need to compensate in Free Agency. Denver selected Tebow in round 1 then offset that by Manning. Bears were stuck on Grossman then they got Cutler. Seattle went out and traded for Marshawn Lynch ..... I do agree with your position about the draft but I'm still disappointed that we didn't take a chance to try to change things up to speed up our recovery process. we're too far gone to have immediate answers at this point but there were opportunities that we let go ... not under Caldwell - there wasn't much last offseason.
Free agency is used to fill in holes by the smart teams. Why try to fill in holes when your entire roster is basically a hole at this point. Save the FA money until you can build at least a base through the draft.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]