Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags really are cursed?

Quote:Do you know what "almost" means? Chiefs are undefeated, best record in the NFL right?

Draft picks

Jamaal Charles

Dexter McCluster

Dwayne Bowe

Branden Albert

Rodney Hudson

Jeff Allen

Jon Asomuah

Eric Fisher

Tamba Hali

Dontari Powe

Derrick Johnson

Justin Houston

Eric Berry

Brandon Flowers

Ryan Succop

Dustin Colquitt

The only real free agent of consequence on the team is Sean Smith
. And he essentially just replaced a draft pick they let walk in free agency in Brandon Carr.

The other free agent are all just pieces like Anthony Fasano , Mike Devito and Dunta Robinson

So the Chiefs are built "almost exclusively" through the draft.

Do you want to keep going?
You mean Alex Smith right?

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sean Smith, corner from Miami.

They traded a draft pick for Alex Smith.

;

;

Quote:Sean Smith, corner from Miami.

They traded a draft pick for Alex Smith.
Ah yeah, I was just a little bit confused about that. Gotcha.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 12:04 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Do you know what "almost" means? Chiefs are undefeated, best record in the NFL right?

Draft picks

Jamaal Charles

Dexter McCluster

Dwayne Bowe

Branden Albert

Rodney Hudson

Jeff Allen

Jon Asomuah

Eric Fisher

Tamba Hali

Dontari Powe

Derrick Johnson

Justin Houston

Eric Berry

Brandon Flowers

Ryan Succop

Dustin Colquitt

The only real free agent of consequence on the team is Sean Smith. And he essentially just replaced a draft pick they let walk in free agency in Brandon Carr.

The other free agent are all just pieces like Anthony Fasano , Mike Devito and Dunta Robinson

Quote:You mean Alex Smith right?

No, he conveniently left out Alex Smith, who was .....ahem, acquired via "trade", which was another avenue of means of improvement that I mentioned that good teams utilize. :yes:

And even though I've never been a fan of Alex Smith, its clear that that team wouldn't be 9-0 without him right now. Hence, good move. 

Bring out the tinfoil.

Gene Smith received a large under-the-table payout in 2009 from Goodell to secretly sink the Jaguars so that they would be forced to relocate to London. Weaver uncovered the plan but was unable to stop it due to Goodell's threat of completely ruining his name. Under immense political pressure, he sold the team to the Goodell-backed London-advocating Shahid Khan. Here we are today, with the worst team in NFL history, with 5 years of the worst drafting in history, and the threat of losing our team.

The rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards, checkmate!

:teehee:

Quote:Bring out the tinfoil.

Gene Smith received a large under-the-table payout in 2009 from Goodell to secretly sink the Jaguars so that they would be forced to relocate to London. Weaver uncovered the plan but was unable to stop it due to Goodell's threat of completely ruining his name. Under immense political pressure, he sold the team to the Goodell-backed London-advocating Shahid Khan. Here we are today, with the worst team in NFL history, with 5 years of the worst drafting in history, and the threat of losing our team.

Actually, I'd feel better knowing that we're doing this on purpose.

Quote:Actually, I'd feel better knowing that we're doing this on purpose.

I've often wondered if you could even draft that bad on purpose.

;

;

Quote:Bring out the tinfoil.

Aha! Makes sense. Now I'm just waiting for TMD to tell us Jessie Ventura confirms your story. Good investigative journalism.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

our drafting was really THAT bad

and coaching wise while we were messing around

The chiefs? Last 5 before 2013

2008 2-14 edwards

2009 4-12 haley

2010 10-6 haley

2011 7-9   haley, crennel

2012 2-14 crennel

2013 9-0   reid

WOW.....seems like Reid made a heck of a difference.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The successful teams build the bulk of their roster through the draft, and supplement through trades and free agency.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:No, he conveniently left out Alex Smith, who was .....ahem, acquired via "trade", which was another avenue of means of improvement that I mentioned that good teams utilize. :yes:

And even though I've never been a fan of Alex Smith, its clear that that team wouldn't be 9-0 without him right now. Hence, good move. 

Thats exactly the point. Look at the players they drafted, and now look at Alex Smith. Hes above average at best. Thats usually what most FAs or trades are if theyre not going for mega contracts. Because for the most part if you draft really good players, they stay on the team that drafted them.

Draft picks

Jamaal Charles

Dexter McCluster

Dwayne Bowe

Branden Albert

Rodney Hudson

Jeff Allen

Jon Asomuah

Eric Fisher

Tamba Hali

Dontari Powe

Derrick Johnson

Justin Houston

Eric Berry

Brandon Flowers

Ryan Succop

Dustin Colquitt

The only real free agent of consequence on the team is Sean Smith. And he essentially just replaced a draft pick they let walk in free agency in Brandon Carr.

Sure...how bout the second best team in the league? How did the Broncos end up where they are? Oh right...

Quote:Sure...how bout the second best team in the league? How did the Broncos end up where they are? Oh right...

This ^^^^

It wasn't just thought the draft, they exhausted ALL available avenues of improvement. Draft/ FA/ trade.  

Quote:This ^^^^

It wasn't just thought the draft, they exhausted ALL available avenues of improvement. Draft/ FA/ trade.  

Nobody has said that.

You're either ignoring my original point or just not following.

Here is Hurricane's post:

Quote:We placed 90% stock in the draft and busted.  This is what you get when you can't balance free agency with the draft. 

Find me one good team in the NFL that is not built at least 90% through the draft.

Do you think ir's a coincidence that the teams that win the offseason like the Bucs, Dolphins and Cowboys almost never win the regular season?

;

;

I am not sure where the 90% thing came frome Gene Smith anwyay. He traded away draft picks to move up in the draft almost every year. He also traded pick for mediocre veterans like Justin Smiley, Kirk Morrison and Luke McCown. He overpaid mediocre free agents like Clint Session, Drew Coleman, Aaron Ross, Chad Henne, Kasim Osgood and Laurent Robinson. He also signed past their prime guys like Torry Holt, Aaron Kampman and Tra Thomas.

If you were to write a book about how to build an NFL roster, just do the opposite of what Gene Smith did.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 10:58 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Nobody has said that.

You're either ignoring my original point or just not following.

Here is Hurricane's post:

Find me one good team in the NFL that is not built at least 90% through the draft.

Do you think ir's a coincidence that the teams that win the offseason like the Bucs, Dolphins and Cowboys almost never win the regular season?

I guess I am not following.....because the Cowboys generally draft well. 

trust me its not that you guys are just cursed it's just that you aren't releasing the Beast that is the Jaguars take a page from the Bengals football helmet like they have the actual stripes of the tiger try a helmet with Jaguar print with the gold underlay. choose the color of the face mask for yourself.You also should get Teddy Bridgewater for your quarterback next year!

I still can't understand why Caldwell is so hesitant to invest in FA. Sure it's hit or miss, but if you plan on building through the draft, you have to plan on hitting EVERY TIME.

Quote:I still can't understand why Caldwell is so hesitant to invest in FA. Sure it's hit or miss, but if you plan on building through the draft, you have to plan on hitting EVERY TIME.
He'll invest more once he's drafted a solid core.

Quote:He'll invest more once he's drafted a solid core.
Gene Smith had the exact same philosophy. Build up a core group, plug in some holes in FA, and then finally, insert a quarterback.