Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you rate Bradley's credibility?
Outstanding- I trust and believe everything he says
Good- Most of what he says is true
Average- I believe half of what is said
Poor- I believe little to nothing of what he says
[Show Results]

Bradley's Credibility

Quote:KC has zero talent in the passing game right now. Bowe seems to have gotten real old real fast. So on offense they have Charles and.......?

So what would be different if Reid was over the offense here? It would make you feel warm and toasty? What else?

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

On the Bradley topic:

The positive spin is hard to swallow when the team is 0-8, obviously.  I get why people dislike it.  If you watch his press conferences and read between the lines just a tiny bit - he throws out some realism from time to time. He knows he has very little to work with talent-wise and he makes references to this fairly often.  One of the most obvious instances was when he was asked about the 2 game road trip to the west coast and the whole " negative impact of travel" thing.   I'll paraphrase:  "Something we learned in Seattle was - when we got better as a team - we got better at playing on the road."  Then he laughed.   Doesn't take a mensa member to figure that one out.  The roster sucks and he knows it. 

Sometimes when a reporter presses him for more on a topic that he's glossing over (like Will Rackley a few weeks ago) he'll just smile, tilt his head and say something like "we'd like to have more competition in that area."  Again - doesn't take a genius to know he's really saying "We need a better left guard, Vito.  Gimme a break here, man." 

If you pay attention - there are moments like this in most of his press conferences and radio shows.  Take the rhetoric at face value.  He's not going to blatantly bad-mouth his team right now.  He's not going to alienate a team in his first season as HC when he knows it's going to be a long painful season that will require some serious fortitude. 

Quote:On the Bradley topic:

The positive spin is hard to swallow when the team is 0-8, obviously.  I get why people dislike it.  If you watch his press conferences and read between the lines just a tiny bit - he throws out some realism from time to time. He knows he has very little to work with talent-wise and he makes references to this fairly often.  One of the most obvious instances was when he was asked about the 2 game road trip to the west coast and the whole " negative impact of travel" thing.   I'll paraphrase:  "Something we learned in Seattle was - when we got better as a team - we got better at playing on the road."  Then he laughed.   Doesn't take a mensa member to figure that one out.  The roster sucks and he knows it. 

Sometimes when a reporter presses him for more on a topic that he's glossing over (like Will Rackley a few weeks ago) he'll just smile, tilt his head and say something like "we'd like to have more competition in that area."  Again - doesn't take a genius to know he's really saying "We need a better left guard, Vito.  Gimme break here, man." 

If you pay attention - there are moments like this in most of his press conferences and radio shows.  Take the rhetoric at face value.  He's not going to blatantly bad-mouth his team right now.  He's not going to alienate a team in his first season as HC when he knows it's going to be a long painful season that will require some serious fortitude. 

Andy Reid would say 'Will Rackley sucks!' and we would all cheer and things would be great.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:KC has zero talent in the passing game right now. Bowe seems to have gotten real old real fast. So on offense they have Charles and.......?
All that is on Alex Smith, he can't'/won't get the ball down field to Bowe

Hilarious you use this excuse for Reid but bash Fisch here when he has less talent to work with.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hilarious you use this excuse for Reid but bash Fisch here when he has less talent to work with.

Exactly.

Gus is a great man with a great attitude but this team is lacking mental toughness and the "we're getting better" attitude is a total joke and he speaks of competing our tails off but how can we look so horrible and get blown out in succession so much that what he says is remotely believable? I predicted this team would make some good strides later in the season but it would take something miraculous for this team to even be competitive. Andy Reid walked into a team with a star-studded defense and elite running back. He also acquired the best QB available through FA and #1 pick on the OL. Their receiving corp is average. 

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Gus is a great man with a great attitude but this team is lacking mental toughness and the "we're getting better" attitude is a total joke and he speaks of competing our tails off but how can we look so horrible and get blown out in succession so much that what he says is remotely believable? I predicted this team would make some good strides later in the season but it would take something miraculous for this team to even be competitive. Andy Reid walked into a team with a star-studded defense and elite running back. He also acquired the best QB available through FA and #1 pick on the OL. Their receiving corp is average. 

KC was good (for Jags fans, that means mediocre), then dropped off, then became good again.  We were good (mediocre), we drafted Blaine (what is that, a washing machine?!?!) and have sucked ever since.  A bad QB can create a horrible situation.  However, KC has always had pretty good talent.  It took them a really long time to build up to this season. 

I'm hoping we don't have to suffer the way that KC has.  Caldwell has to hit on his picks.  Meaning that the 2013 draft has to get better, and be solid next year.  That means that the 2014 draft has be solid and get better over the next 2 years.  That also means that he must be able to bring in Free Agents that can have immediate impact.

That's not to much to ask for, right?  If he can make proper personell calls, then we should be mediocre next year.  And then we should be contending for a playoff spot the following year.  It's just that simple to me