Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you rate Bradley's credibility?
Outstanding- I trust and believe everything he says
Good- Most of what he says is true
Average- I believe half of what is said
Poor- I believe little to nothing of what he says
[Show Results]

Bradley's Credibility

What on earth do people want him to say?

He coaches the worst team in the NFL, half his starters would barely make most of the rest of the teams in the league, his QBs all stink and his best player is an addict.

What can he say [in public] that makes this better?

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Bradley should have a public caning of the entire team after each loss.

That'll teach 'em.

;

;

Quote:I don't completely agree with this statement because many of the boneheaded penalties we've seen committed fall on one particular player.  He set the tone, and it seems like the refs are simply looking for anything to throw a flag over since then.  If you watch the penalties we've been hammered over, at least half of them are ticky tacky. 

FBT, you got Gus Bradley in the Hall of Fame yet, or still just the Hall of Very Good?

Quote:What on earth do people want him to say?

He coaches the worst team in the NFL, half his starters would barely make most of the rest of the teams in the league, his QBs all stink and his best player is an addict.

I'd like him to state that we have high expectations for our players on the field and higher expectations for the way they maintain their personal life off of the field. 

... after listening to Gus, I had to ask myself whether Blackmon was just diagnosed with cancer or has he been out smoking crack?  Perhaps we can hold a moment of silence at our next home game to pray for Justin in our little Kumbaya world that the Jags live.  

Quote:I think Bradley should have a public caning of the entire team after each loss.

That'll teach 'em.

... and what he is doing now is working so great.

"good effort boys, just keep trying...."

Quote: 

It's all about perception to you, isn't it?

Scoreboard

Lol 0-8 and people still fired up. Love it.

Quote:FBT, you got Gus Bradley in the Hall of Fame yet, or still just the Hall of Very Good?

...yup, right up until he gets fired, then the EFF BEE TEE spin will be that he knew it all along that Bradley was bad, but he didn't want to "whine" like the bibbers,  Laughing 

Quote:FBT, you got Gus Bradley in the Hall of Fame yet, or still just the Hall of Very Good?

I'm not sure where you came up with that based on the comment, but keep reaching BSJ.  I know you're not much of a thinker, but keep trying.

Quote:...yup, right up until he gets fired, then the EFF BEE TEE spin will be that he knew it all along that Bradley was bad, but he didn't want to "whine" like the bibbers,   Laughing

Says the lady who was a big proponent of hiring Gus Bradley right up to the point where they actually showed interest. 

I know it's a foreign concept for a needy chick such as yourself who desperately seeks validation at every turn, but I have not come to any concrete conclusions on whether or not Bradley's approach to coaching is going to succeed or not, and probably won't until we have a real QB and improvement in the talent he's working with.  People seem to be bothered by the fact that, unlike you, he's not the kind of person who is going to air grievances in a public forum for the sake of satisfying some shtick.  I don't have a problem with that.  I listen to what he says, and I recognize that he's telling fans the truth, that this is just not a very good team, but he's trying to put that in a positive light.  What's the point in being a Debbie Downer like you, Diva? 

Even you agree that this team is almost completely void of legitimate talent right now, yet being the hypocrite you are that needs to play every possible side of the fence so that you feel smart, you still hammer away on the coaching of this team.  It's funny to watch you leaping from one side of the fence to the other, but I worry that you'll be impaled on the fence post eventually. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm not sure where you came up with that based on the comment, but keep reaching BSJ.  I know you're not much of a thinker, but keep trying.

Says the lady who was a big proponent of hiring Gus Bradley right up to the point where they actually showed interest. 

I know it's a foreign concept for a needy chick such as yourself who desperately seeks validation at every turn, but I have not come to any concrete conclusions on whether or not Bradley's approach to coaching is going to succeed or not, and probably won't until we have a real QB and improvement in the talent he's working with.  People seem to be bothered by the fact that, unlike you, he's not the kind of person who is going to air grievances in a public forum for the sake of satisfying some shtick.  I don't have a problem with that.  I listen to what he says, and I recognize that he's telling fans the truth, that this is just not a very good team, but he's trying to put that in a positive light.  What's the point in being a Debbie Downer like you, Diva? 

Even you agree that this team is almost completely void of legitimate talent right now, yet being the hypocrite you are that needs to play every possible side of the fence so that you feel smart, you still hammer away on the coaching of this team.  It's funny to watch you leaping from one side of the fence to the other, but I worry that you'll be impaled on the fence post eventually. 

Bradley was my 6th choice. 6th. behind, Reid, Kelly, Kelly, O Brien, and McCoy. At that point, yes, I said that Bradley "could" be a great choice....well, when you're dealing with your SIXTH choice, its a lot easier to be wrong. And I never said it was a slam dunk that Bradley was going to be good anyway - I did list things that would be crucial to him being successful, such as hiring top notch Coordinators (which he didn't do) and also hiring quality position assistants, which other than Sullivan and Walker, he didn't do. 

Quote:...yup, right up until he gets fired, then the EFF BEE TEE spin will be that he knew it all along that Bradley was bad, but he didn't want to "whine" like the bibbers,  Laughing

Ehh, no offense, but you probably shouldn't accuse somebody else of spinning a stance when you do it regularly, champ.

Quote:Bradley was my 6th choice. 6th. behind, Reid, Kelly, Kelly, O Brien, and McCoy. At that point, yes, I said that Bradley "could" be a great choice....well, when you're dealing with your SIXTH choice, its a lot easier to be wrong. And I never said it was a slam dunk that Bradley was going to be good anyway - I did list things that would be crucial to him being successful, such as hiring top notch Coordinators (which he didn't do) and also hiring quality position assistants, which other than Sullivan and Walker, he didn't do. 

How about Chip Kelly?  I assume he's 2nd or 3rd on there somewhere.  

As for the coordinators.. do you really think Fisch is in Bradley's long term plans?  With a one year deal?  I mean, what offensive coordinator isn't going to jump at a chance to coach the great Blaine Gabbert....

Just for the record -- have you made a judgment on Bradley being bad now?  

Honestly, I don't think you can say one way or another given the level of talent he's working with.  But that's just my opinion.  I think if Vince Lombardi's ghost was coaching this team we'd still be bad.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Lol 0-8 and people still fired up. Love it.
This is the Jaguar message board.

The same board who called Gene the "genius."  Some of those same idiots insult anyone who criticizes the team.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:What on earth do people want him to say?

Is it just the players or do coaching staff's deserve some accountability? 

I do believe the players are bad but I also believe this coaching staff has struggled. 

The bigger question:  Is Bradley really a good HC or was he a product of Seattle's talent? 

It's too soon to answer but anyone who believes the arrow is pointing up is clearly wearing thick teal goggles.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:The bigger question:  Is Bradley really a good HC or was he a product of Seattle's talent? 

Ah - that's the question regarding practically every coach of a team sport, isn't it?

Is Belicheck the one we saw in Cleveland or the one with Brady?

Jim Caldwell looked pretty good with Manning, didn't he.

For someone to think he has a clue, especially after all of eight games, in an exercise in spouting off, and we all know how valuable that is.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 09:28 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:Is it just the players or do coaching staff's deserve some accountability? 

I do believe the players are bad but I also believe this coaching staff has struggled. 

The bigger question:  Is Bradley really a good HC or was he a product of Seattle's talent? 

It's too soon to answer but anyone who believes the arrow is pointing up is clearly wearing thick teal goggles.

Please explain. We have the worst position groups in every spot in the NFL. Gus isnt a miracle worker, he cant make guys win 1 on 1 battles or not have mental lapses, which is needed to win in this league.

Caldwell's first 6 sound draft picks last year look promising and we will have a franchise QB in either Mariota/Teddy next year with some extra picks too. Its obviously to early to judge if all those guys will be difference makers, but you could tell right from the start that all of Genes drafts stunk (minus 2009). Seems like a decent future to me. Its

Quote:I'd like him to state that we have high expectations for our players on the field and higher expectations for the way they maintain their personal life off of the field. 

... after listening to Gus, I had to ask myself whether Blackmon was just diagnosed with cancer or has he been out smoking crack?  Perhaps we can hold a moment of silence at our next home game to pray for Justin in our little Kumbaya world that the Jags live.  
I'm in complete agreement.  Bradley's a nice guy, but it's time for something more forceful.  Both Blaclkmon off the field and the stupid penalties we see every week need a stronger response. 

3rd and a mile, defense is looking good, momentum building, fans getting into it.  No, wait!  Late hit out-of-bounds.......15 yards + 1st down.  Or taunting, TAUNTING, are you kidding me?  How stupid and undisciplined can someone possibly be?  How many head coaches in the league would let that player just walk by after?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 10:03 PM by Chuckd.)

Quote:The demand to win is much greater. The Ravens contnued to get better even though they were continually getting beat by the Steelers in critical games. Losing wasn't an option and ultimately they won the SB.

So how's that theory working on the Pittsburghs and Giants now?
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:I think what is obvious by the way he's been speaking, and what also Caldwell and Khan has said was they had very low expectations. Sounds as if you maybe had higher. Bradley has joked that he didn't think they'd be this bad (as in 0-8), but he knew they would struggle a lot. They know where they're at. They know what they are. SI's Doug Farrar supposedly has sources inside the Jags' and says they know what's wrong and how to fix it and that's just flat out lack of talent. If you have a lack of talent and it's not scheme or effort based, there's no need to "light a fire under their [BAD WORD REMOVED]." They are what they are. You just need more talent, to replace the bad players as well as the newer guys you did bring in to blossom and grow into solid or good players.

Bradley was partly brought in to be a positive force in the locker room, a guy that can light up the room and make you want to play for him. Dogging his players because they're not good enough isn't the move bruh.
I agree, I actually think he is doing an admirable job considering the circumstances. I like the positive out look, the board could use some more of that itself. I mean sometimes we actually stay in games for awhile. In my opinion, we have no business being in any games right now. We have no QB's who can score in the red zone (or really even get there), MJD is taking forever to get back up to speed, Blackmon can't stay on the field cause of booze.

I mean we are a bit of a low flying circus here. The only thing I don't like is how he doesn't just stubbornly hand the ball to MJD every down in the red zone (well, he hardly gives him the ball down there at all to be honest). There is no point givng the ball to Henne, you know he can't get it done down there. Which is ironic, cause he looks alright till he gets there. I wouldn't even bother commenting on Gabbert. We are just awful, we have the most 3 and outs in the league on offense, and the worst 3rd down completion rate. I guess I should be clamoring for Stanzi, but I think Bradley knows what hes doing. Stanzi must look bad in practice.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Bradley was my 6th choice. 6th. behind, Reid, Kelly, Kelly, O Brien, and McCoy. At that point, yes, I said that Bradley "could" be a great choice....well, when you're dealing with your SIXTH choice, its a lot easier to be wrong. And I never said it was a slam dunk that Bradley was going to be good anyway - I did list things that would be crucial to him being successful, such as hiring top notch Coordinators (which he didn't do) and also hiring quality position assistants, which other than Sullivan and Walker, he didn't do. 

Your "6th choice" and yet you blew a hole through your shorts when it was reported that he was going to be the Eagles coach.

Troll on the river..

;

;