Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you rate Bradley's credibility?
Outstanding- I trust and believe everything he says
Good- Most of what he says is true
Average- I believe half of what is said
Poor- I believe little to nothing of what he says
[Show Results]

Bradley's Credibility

Quote:So how's that theory working on the Pittsburghs and Giants now?

Or the Patriots for the 40 years prior to drafting Tom Brady?

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Please explain. We have the worst position groups in every spot in the NFL. Gus isnt a miracle worker, he cant make guys win 1 on 1 battles or not have mental lapses, which is needed to win in this league.

Caldwell's first 6 sound draft picks last year look promising and we will have a franchise QB in either Mariota/Teddy next year with some extra picks too. Its obviously to early to judge if all those guys will be difference makers, but you could tell right from the start that all of Genes drafts stunk (minus 2009). Seems like a decent future to me. Its
Ray Charles can see it.

Getting blown out by double digits every single week is not the sign of success.  Infact I will go further and say there are very few bright spots on the present roster. 

I will not comment on the draft because it's too early to say where and who we will draft.  Right now the team has really stunk and our best player can't leave the drugs alone. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

For anyone who is saying he is doing a good job.

Name one good thing he is doing?  Do not include his tony robbins cheer up speeches

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Bradley was my 6th choice. 6th. behind, Reid, Kelly, Kelly, O Brien, and McCoy. At that point, yes, I said that Bradley "could" be a great choice....well, when you're dealing with your SIXTH choice, its a lot easier to be wrong. And I never said it was a slam dunk that Bradley was going to be good anyway - I did list things that would be crucial to him being successful, such as hiring top notch Coordinators (which he didn't do) and also hiring quality position assistants, which other than Sullivan and Walker, he didn't do. 

TMD, you should be in politics.

I actually did want Gus Bradley, before I was against him.

Who makes a coaches wish list and goes 6 deep?  I'll give this to TMD, he's dedicated to the Jags so much he writes out lists of good HCs! I wonder if Shad Khan went 6 deep?  Did he even interview 6 coaches?  Gotta give it up for that

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 09:37 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Not sure if my vote counts because I'm working with a big budget but I wanted the following:

HC - Cowher

AHC & Offensive Line Coach - Russ Grimm

OC - Wisenhunt

DC - Lovie Smith or Rob Ryan

-- Point is, every one of our coaches are in a position higher then what they previously achieved.  I want people who have already gone through the learning curve, know how to study film,  and set high expectations.

Quote:Not sure if my vote counts because I'm working with a big budget but I wanted the following:

HC - Cowher

AHC & Offensive Line Coach - Russ Grimm

OC - Wisenhunt

DC - Lovie Smith or Rob Ryan

-- Point is, every one of our coaches are in a position higher then what they previously achieved.  I want people who have already gone through the learning curve, know how to study film,  and set high expectations.

Rob Ryan? Why?

Is there a coach more overrated in the NFL than Rob Ryan? It must be the hair or that his brother is Rex Ryan. Because he hasn't done anything.

He has been a defensive coordinator since 2004. Only once has his defense finished in the top ten for yards allowed. And they are usually among the worst in the league in points allowed.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 11:49 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Or the Patriots for the 40 years prior to drafting Tom Brady?

Thats odd, I could have sworn they went to a SB in the mid 90's....and last time I checked, that was pre-Brady.... 

Quote:For anyone who is saying he is doing a good job.

Name one good thing he is doing?  Do not include his tony robbins cheer up speeches

Notice how they can not?....

I actually can though, to be fair....keeping WR coach Jerry Sullivan (if this indeed was Bradley's call and not Caldwell's) was a good move. Credit where its due. 

Quote:TMD, you should be in politics.

I actually did want Gus Bradley, before I was against him.

I did want Gus Bradley....as my SIXTH choice - after Reid, Kelly, Kelly, O Brien and McCoy...... Yeah, I thought Bradley could be good, guess I was WAYYYY OFF. Thats what happens when you are down to your SIXTH choice. My FIRST choice for Jags head coach seems to be doing pretty well right now.....9-0. 

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 11:50 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Rob Ryan? Why?

Is there a coach more overrated in the NFL than Rob Ryan? It must be the hair or that his brother is Rex Ryan. Because he hasn't done anything.

He has been a defensive coordinator since 2004. Only once has his defense finished in the top ten for yards allowed. And they are usually among the worst in the league in points allowed.

I'm not saying my wish list is the best, but the blend of my coaches sure would have had this team moving in the right direction.

We went cheap.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 12:10 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm not saying my wish list is the best, but the blend of my coaches sure would have had this team moving in the right direction.

We went cheap.

Exactly. 

If Khan was serious, he'd have sent his private freighter up to Philly, crane Andy Reid into it and haul that fat pig down to Jax as soon as the Eagles relieved him of his duties. Khan has more dough than almost all the owners and had the means to get Reid here. If he was really serious about winning here in Jax, Andy Reid was the easy choice. You dont' get coaches with his resume available in most offseasons - and Reid with his experience building a winner from a bad team was exactly what this franchise needed.....the Jags had a golden opportunity and scoffed at it instead opting for a green guy that was cheap like Bradley. 

Quote:Exactly. 

If Khan was serious, he'd have sent his private freighter up to Philly, crane Andy Reid into it and haul that fat pig down to Jax as soon as the Eagles relieved him of his duties. Khan has more dough than almost all the owners and had the means to get Reid here. If he was really serious about winning here in Jax, Andy Reid was the easy choice. You dont' get coaches with his resume available in most offseasons.....the Jags had a golden opportunity and scoffed at it instead opting for a green guy that was cheap like Bradley. 

This is just laughable. 

Andy Reid wasn't coming to Jacksonville. 

On the very day he was fired, he was contacted by Arizona and Kansas City.  He set up visits with both for 2 days later.  He met with KC first and never left.  They were a team that he felt was closest to being competitive, and he was right.  Reid clearly had no interest in a rebuilding project, but keep propping up your little fantasy that the Jaguars could have convinced him to come here if only Khan was willing to come off the wallet.  That's complete crap, but it's your fantasy.

Once again, you create a reality to fit your opinion. You say the team scoffed at Reid, but you haven't the slightest clue what they thought of Reid. All you know is Reid wound up in KC.  You fill in the blanks with your own opinions, spin it like it's fact, and then blather on like some obsessive love struck girl who stalks Andy Reid. 

It completely ignores facts, which is typical for you.  Khan hired a GM first, and then allowed him the opportunity to decide what he wanted to do with the current head coach of the team.  Caldwell subsequently fired Mularkey 2 days later.  He was fired almost a week after Reid was announced as the new head coach for the Chiefs. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm not saying my wish list is the best, but the blend of my coaches sure would have had this team moving in the right direction.

We went cheap.

Considering Rob Ryan has been a DC for 10 years and has never even been in the playoffs I am not sure how you can think the above. But I guess he looks cool on the sideline with that long hair and beard.

;

;

Quote:Considering Rob Ryan has been a DC for 10 years and has never even been in the playoffs I am not sure how you can think the above. But I guess he looks cool on the sideline with that long hair and beard.
If that's the case, maybe Hurricane needs to add Uncle Si to his list of possible candidates?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

He also loves Russ Grimm, who presided over one of the worst lines in the league for the last half decade and is currently unemployed.

Sounds like Hurricane's coaching "dream team" is made up of guys who cost alot but have little results.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 12:40 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:This is just laughable. 

Andy Reid wasn't coming to Jacksonville. 

On the very day he was fired, he was contacted by Arizona and Kansas City.  He set up visits with both for 2 days later.  He met with KC first and never left.  They were a team that he felt was closest to being competitive, and he was right.  Reid clearly had no interest in a rebuilding project, but keep propping up your little fantasy that the Jaguars could have convinced him to come here if only Khan was willing to come off the wallet.  That's complete crap, but it's your fantasy.

Once again, you create a reality to fit your opinion. You say the team scoffed at Reid, but you haven't the slightest clue what they thought of Reid. All you know is Reid wound up in KC.  You fill in the blanks with your own opinions, spin it like it's fact, and then blather on like some obsessive love struck girl who stalks Andy Reid. 

It completely ignores facts, which is typical for you.  Khan hired a GM first, and then allowed him the opportunity to decide what he wanted to do with the current head coach of the team.  Caldwell subsequently fired Mularkey 2 days later.  He was fired almost a week after Reid was announced as the new head coach for the Chiefs. 

Reid would not have turned down Jax if given an offer he couldn't refuse...

All you are doing is attempting to justify why Jax didn't get him - as if Jax' method was infallable above and can't be questioned :wacko:

Guess what, Charlie, If Khan really wanted Reid, he'd be here. It wouldn't have played out as it did. Khan would have paid whatever it took and Reid would have taken the Jax gig. 

But no, Khan for whatever reason decided that hiring a GM and doing it that way, thus missing out on Reid was the correct way to go. Well, thats fine and good, but leaves him open for comparison of the 2 situations and criticism. I'd think if you polled Jaguars fans right now and asked them, "would you have been okay with possibly missing out on hiring Caldwell if it would have meant getting Andy Reid here?" the overwhelming majority would say 'Hell Yeah!!!" :yes:

The fact of the matter is that we didn't even make an attempt to acquire Reid or go after Payton Manning.   Why? because we are too cheap.  we take "no" financial risks.

... funny thing is that if we had Manning here, Gene would still be here and Blackmon would be suiting up this weekend for the game.

Quote:The fact of the matter is that we didn't even make an attempt to acquire Reid or go after Payton Manning.   Why? because we are too cheap.  we take "no" financial risks.

... funny thing is that if we had Manning here, Gene would still be here and Blackmon would be suiting up this weekend for the game.

If only we had "Payton Manning".

;

;

Quote:He also loves Russ Grimm, who presided over one of the worst lines in the league for the last half decade and is currently unemployed.

Sounds like Hurricane's coaching "dream team" is made up of guys who cost alot but have little results.

Yes, the Steelers core coaching staff didn't accomplish a lot together.   They only went to the playoffs almost every year and won the SB.   Uh, the Jags haven't even hosted a playoff game since the 1999 season.   Hey, if you're happy with Bradley, Fisch and Babich that's fine ... I just think there are a lot of risks with the core group we have and our team really needs leadership.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 01:34 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

ok ... Peyton ....

Quote:Exactly. 

If Khan was serious, he'd have sent his private freighter up to Philly, crane Andy Reid into it and haul that fat pig down to Jax as soon as the Eagles relieved him of his duties. Khan has more dough than almost all the owners and had the means to get Reid here. If he was really serious about winning here in Jax, Andy Reid was the easy choice. You dont' get coaches with his resume available in most offseasons - and Reid with his experience building a winner from a bad team was exactly what this franchise needed.....the Jags had a golden opportunity and scoffed at it instead opting for a green guy that was cheap like Bradley.
Like you have a clue. Anyone can do what you do, and most fans do - throw out recognizable names. You have no way of knowing how good any position coach is. Instead of going cheap you always go old.

Your love for Andy Reid is humorous. Andy ain't a defensive coach and the Chiefs are winning because of defense. If the Jaguars had Alex Smith you'd have a stroke; we wouldn't be able to count the number of your posts telling us what a loser he is.

You clearly know no more than the average fan. You've shown no particular insight or knowledge. Just throwing out the old tried and true doesn't take much skill. But you'll keep doing it.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.