Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you rate Bradley's credibility?
Outstanding- I trust and believe everything he says
Good- Most of what he says is true
Average- I believe half of what is said
Poor- I believe little to nothing of what he says
[Show Results]

Bradley's Credibility

Quote:Reid would not have turned down Jax if given an offer he couldn't refuse...

All you are doing is attempting to justify why Jax didn't get him - as if Jax' method was infallable above and can't be questioned :wacko:

Guess what, Charlie, If Khan really wanted Reid, he'd be here. It wouldn't have played out as it did. Khan would have paid whatever it took and Reid would have taken the Jax gig. 

But no, Khan for whatever reason decided that hiring a GM and doing it that way, thus missing out on Reid was the correct way to go. Well, thats fine and good, but leaves him open for comparison of the 2 situations and criticism. I'd think if you polled Jaguars fans right now and asked them, "would you have been okay with possibly missing out on hiring Caldwell if it would have meant getting Andy Reid here?" the overwhelming majority would say 'Hell Yeah!!!" :yes:

Honestly, what do you think would be different if Fat Boy Reid was here?

1 win, 2 wins? Hold my sandwich while I do a little jig at the prospect...

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bradley's cred with his players is through the roof and that's all that matters. CS3 basically said he's the saving grace in that locker room after 8 losses. Most teams would be at each others throats right now. It's crazy how people blame Gus after 8 games with a gutted roster that it's all on his lap. Even Khan knows that and has said our Caldwell/Bradley duo is right for us.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 02:03 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yes, the Steelers core coaching staff didn't accomplish a lot together.   They only went to the playoffs almost every year and won the SB.   Uh, the Jags haven't even hosted a playoff game since the 1999 season.   Hey, if you're happy with Bradley, Fisch and Babich that's fine ... I just think there are a lot of risks with the core group we have and our team really needs leadership.

A core group of Bradley, Fisch & Babich - (and thats exactly what it is) is scary.....and not by that I don't mean "scary good".

Bradley needed to surround himself with top notch Coordinators for him to have a chance at being a successful head coach. He failed miserably with those 2 selections. 

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 02:09 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Like you have a clue. Anyone can do what you do, and most fans do - throw out recognizable names. You have no way of knowing how good any position coach is. Instead of going cheap you always go old.

Your love for Andy Reid is humorous. Andy ain't a defensive coach and the Chiefs are winning because of defense. If the Jaguars had Alex Smith you'd have a stroke; we wouldn't be able to count the number of your posts telling us what a loser he is.

You clearly know no more than the average fan. You've shown no particular insight or knowledge. Just throwing out the old tried and true doesn't take much skill. But you'll keep doing it.

Andy is not just a "name", he's a proven winner that now has resurrected two franchises from the dead. Both the Eagles and Chiefs had awful records prior to his being named head coach there. But thats right, pretend like he's no good, so you can champion the current Jaguars mess/ decisions. 

Quote:Honestly, what do you think would be different if Fat Boy Reid was here?

1 win, 2 wins? Hold my sandwich while I do a little jig at the prospect...

What would be different? the direction of the team. Obviously we wouldn't be 9-0 like the Chiefs are....but we'd clearly be headed for success (long term) and it would be evident. Andy's proven it now with two different franchises and his resume is outstanding. 

Quote:Bradley's cred with his players is through the roof and that's all that matters. CS3 basically said he's the saving grace in that locker room after 8 losses. Most teams would be at each others throats right now. It's crazy how people blame Gus after 8 games with a gutted roster that it's all on his lap. Even Khan knows that and has said our Caldwell/Bradley duo is right for us.

Of course the players like Bradley.....its like a country club atmosphere. He apparently doesn't expect much and doesn't really hold the players accountable. He'd rather be their buddy than their boss. 

I just love the way some posters (well one) pull things out of thin air and present them as 'fact'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote: 

What would be different? the direction of the team. Obviously we wouldn't be 9-0 like the Chiefs are....but we'd clearly be headed for success (long term) and it would be evident. Andy's proven it now with two different franchises and his resume is outstanding. 

We would have the exact same over-matched players going out and getting their butts handed to them each week. Other than having Andy Reid as the HC (who I actually think is a great HC in terms of getting the most out of less than outstanding rosters) what would be happening to make you think we were 'heading in the right direction'? There is no 'obviously heading in the right direction' when you are in the middle of the season and you are as bad as we are, no matter who your HC is we are literally waiting for the draft and FA to get some actual football players in.

Your argument boils down to 'Reid is a better head coach than Bradley', which given that one is a guy who had been doing it for over 10 years and one for less than 10 games is kind of hard to quantify. If Fat Andy was here, we would still be getting killed on the field, only we would have an obese wheezing walrus giving the meaningless, coach speak press conferences and people would still be [BLEEP] that he never let rip on the players.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Andy is not just a "name", he's a proven winner that now has resurrected two franchises from the dead. Both the Eagles and Chiefs had awful records prior to his being named head coach there. But thats right, pretend like he's no good, so you can champion the current Jaguars mess/ decisions. 

Of course the players like Bradley.....its like a country club atmosphere. He apparently doesn't expect much and doesn't really hold the players accountable. He'd rather be their buddy than their boss.
Thanks for confirming my assessment. You would have wanted no part of the Eagles originally hiring Reid, because he wasn't a name.

No one said Reid isn't a good coach. But he's the same guy he was during the last few years in Philly.

And your comment regarding Bradley is just more of you unintentional comedy. For a guy who has never been to Everbank to apparently know all about how it goes at practice and meetings. You General Patton lovers amuse me no end. I guess you respond best to negative reinforcement. It shows in your posts.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

While I appreciate Bradley's positive attitude, after 8 double digit losses the coach speak is getting really old. I half expect Gus to hand out little trophies to every player for all of their hard work and effort after the last game of the season.
Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 03:12 PM by carly.)

Quote: 

So, you must think this team has quite a bit of untapped potential on the roster then.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Of course the players like Bradley.....its like a country club atmosphere. He apparently doesn't expect much and doesn't really hold the players accountable. He'd rather be their buddy than their boss. 

link?

;

;

Quote:So, you must think this team has quite a bit of untapped potential on the roster then.

No, I think Reid would have made different personnel decisions to this point. It wouldn't have been the exact same format as Caldwell/ Bradley have done. 

Reid knows what he's doing. He's proven. He's now taken 2 teams from the basement and made them into winning teams. Caldwell and Bradley are novices. They could turn this team into a winner, or they could just as easily go belly up.......given what we've seen so far, the odds are much greater it will be the latter. 

Quote:No, I think Reid would have made different personnel decisions to this point. It wouldn't have been the exact same format as Caldwell/ Bradley have done.

Reid knows what he's doing. He's proven. He's now taken 2 teams from the basement and made them into winning teams. Caldwell and Bradley are novices. They could turn this team into a winner, or they could just as easily go belly up.......given what we've seen so far, the odds are much greater it will be the latter.
So Reid was 'known' when the Eagles hired him?

Quote:So Reid was 'known' when the Eagles hired him?

No, but he was known this past offseason.....and by late in Reid's first season, you could clearly tell that Reid was going to be successful. 

Quote:No, I think Reid would have made different personnel decisions to this point. It wouldn't have been the exact same format as Caldwell/ Bradley have done. 

"Caldwell and Bradley would be foolish to win a game and lose out on Teddy Bridgewater."

"Bradley was the wrong choice because we're 0-8"

You've posted some pretty conflicting sentiments across multiple threads on this board.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 04:55 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:"Caldwell and Bradley would be foolish to win a game and lose out on Teddy Bridgewater."

You've posted some pretty conflicting sentiments across multiple threads on this board.

Its not about record. Andy Reid went something like 3-13 his first Eagles season....yet you could tell the team was headed in the right direction because of the solid assistant coaching staff and personnel moves, along with many of the team area showing improvement as Reid's rookie year went along. 

By comparison, Bradley's assistant coaching staff sucks (other than Sullivan) , including 2 garbage Coordinators, and theres been nothing to indicate that the Jags are showing improvement as the season goes on. The Jags look just as lost now as they did at seasons end last year. 

Quote:No, but he was known this past offseason.....and by late in Reid's first season, you could clearly tell that Reid was going to be successful.
So in other words, it's OK to sign an unknown if it meets your purposes.

Got it.

So tell me how the other four 'choices' of yours were any more of a 'known' commodity than Bradley.

Quote:"Caldwell and Bradley would be foolish to win a game and lose out on Teddy Bridgewater."

And don't forget with Reid we would be heading in a winning direction…but, but, but what about Teddy??  Oops

Gene's Myth

Quote:So in other words, it's OK to sign an unknown if it meets your purposes.

Got it.

So tell me how the other four 'choices' of yours were any more of a 'known' commodity than Bradley.

All but McCoy had head coaching experience. 

Quote:And don't forget with Reid we would be heading in a winning direction…but, but, but what about Teddy??  Oops

We could be 0-16 and still appear to be headed in a winning direction...unlike now. Teddy if drafted will have Jedd Fisch to develop him.... again, poor Teddy and poor us if so. 

The only way it will look optimistic is if the nice guy (Bradley) actually fires the bum and brings in a legit OC like he should have last offaeason. 

Credibility? His credibility only matters with his boss, Shad. Shad has given him his vote of confidence going forward and that's all that matters.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->