Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blackmon To Enter Rehab

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Best Case Scenario:  He finally smartens up and turns his life around

Worst Case:  He continues to be stupid and ruins his NFL career

His talent level is too good to just release.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I get DUI's being against the policy but him simply using Alcohol is that considered a violation? I'm assuming he's getting poped for some kind of narcotic or something. That said people with his addiction issues it's usally best to steer clear of ALL substances including alcholol.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

My big questions:

1.  Does he have an addiction?  This I could understand he has issues

or

2.   Was it a casual drug that he was not addicted to like marijuana or alcohol?  That in my eyes is flat out unforgivable if that is the case.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Roger Goodell was clearly worried we'd win a game this year.  So he had to make sure that didn't happen.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:My big questions:

or

2.   Was it a casual drug that he was not addicted to like marijuana or alcohol?  That in my eyes is flat out unforgivable if that is the case.

I'm no rehab expert, but I think the people in AA would dispute your description of alcohol as being casual and non-addictive (in Blackmon's case). 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

So I did a quick google search on the abuse program, came across this article http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/mcafee...e-program/

Apparantly once in the "program" they can't even use alcohol on their off time. I just thought it was a no no for drugs or getting drunk in public sort of thing.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

He couldn't have done this back in September?

Quote:My big questions:

or

First of all, alcohol is not a "casual drug".  It is actually a highly addictive drug.  Addiction isn't about the drug, it's about the personality.

I just hope that the young man can turn it around and learn to live with his problem in a responsible way.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 01:44 PM by David4499.)

Hope Justin Blackmon gets the help that he needs.

Jaguars have all about locked up the first pick next year.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Jope Justin Blackmon gets the help that he needs.

Jaguars have all about locked up the first pick next year.
Jope Jope son.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:So I did a quick google search on the abuse program, came across this article http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/mcafee...e-program/

Apparantly once in the "program" they can't even use alcohol on their off time. I just thought it was a no no for drugs or getting drunk in public sort of thing.

Pretty interesting read.  Someone close to me had to go through something similar, or face going to prison.  It was a tough road for him, but he not only did it, he remains drug-free to this day (which includes alcohol).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:So I did a quick google search on the abuse program, came across this article http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/mcafee...e-program/

Hopefully its just alcohol, maybe he thought he could get a drink while in London 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Anybody who has been close to an addict knows it is a struggle. I hope he gets the help he needs to finally kick it but it will be very difficult for him. I wish him the best. Not only as a Jaguar fan. But as someone who has spent time with Blackmon, I can tell you he is a genuinely nice guy and comes from a good family. It must be tough on them as well.

;

;

I wish all the luck to Justin. He's in the fight of his life.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Hopefully he gets it right. There's no denying his talent level on the field.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I wouldn't release him. This isn't a guy who just got arrested for beating his girlfriend or something, it's a guy who has a serious personal problem. Do everything you can to get him the help he needs and hope that he can straighten out. He's not going to be getting his salary for the rest of the games this season or ever again if he messes up again, and I think the potential reward is definitely worth the roster bonus. This is also an opportunity to show that you take care of your own, and that means something. 

Better late than never..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I don't understand the anger some of the fans have. The man has a medical condition and needs help. I hope he gets the help he needs and makes the most of it.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 03:10 PM by Swaguars.)

Sure hope he gets on track, I really like him as a player. 

That being said, in a throw away year at least now he's not susceptible to injury and now our low end WR's will get more snaps.