Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blackmon To Enter Rehab

Quote:I wouldn't release him. This isn't a guy who just got arrested for beating his girlfriend or something, it's a guy who has a serious personal problem. Do everything you can to get him the help he needs and hope that he can straighten out. He's not going to be getting his salary for the rest of the games this season or ever again if he messes up again, and I think the potential reward is definitely worth the roster bonus. This is also an opportunity to show that you take care of your own, and that means something.
This

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hope it works out for him.

Meanwhile, the team moves on.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:First of all, alcohol is not a "casual drug".  It is actually a highly addictive drug.  Addiction isn't about the drug, it's about the personality.

I just hope that the young man can turn it around and learn to live with his problem in a responsible way.
If alcohol is so highly addictive, how are so many of us able to consume it without abusing it or becoming addicted?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:If alcohol is so highly addictive, how are so many of us able to consume it without abusing it or becoming addicted?

Alcohol isn't addictive it's some people have personalities that allow them to become addicted to almost anything, gambling, alcohol, narcotics, sex, ect....

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I don't understand the anger some of the fans have. The man has a medical condition and needs help. I hope he gets the help he needs and makes the most of it.

How can you not understand the frustration towards a young man that has the world for the taking in his hands trivializing it with selfish behaviors when he has all the resources possible at his immediate disposal.  Not once, twice, but multiple times?  I understand the medical aspects of addiction, but certainly I can understand anyone with the perspective that is very upset over this.   

Gene's Myth

Good to hear. Aldon Smith could still be playing but he was smart, took his time away from the game, made way to get his life back together or it could of just got worse if had not do this. Now all we can hope for is JB does the same thing, gets back on track and we'll be ready to see him next season in where, hopefully, we make a little progress in getting better!

Quote:So I did a quick google search on the abuse program, came across this article <a class="bbc_url" href='http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/mcafeeculture-a-deeper-look-into-the-nfls-substance-abuse-program/'>http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/mcafeeculture-a-deeper-look-into-the-nfls-substance-abuse-program/</a>

Apparantly once in the "program" they can't even use alcohol on their off time. I just thought it was a no no for drugs or getting drunk in public sort of thing.

So most likely it was alcohol.

Makes sense.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Admittamce is the first step to recovery...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:If alcohol is so highly addictive, how are so many of us able to consume it without abusing it or becoming addicted?
Genetics, social environment, how you were raised, emotional health……...

Quote:So most likely it was alcohol.

Makes sense.

thats what im thinking after reading that article

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 04:14 PM by NH3.)

Alcohol is extremely addictive... It's somewhat compared to pain killer addiction, cocaine/crack addiction, heroin addiction, meth addiction etc. Unlike Tweed (marijunia) which isn't adictive, alcohol compares to the forementioned easily. Like any and all addictive parafenalia, it depends upon how a person utilizes it.

If you abuse it, it will in turn abuse you...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I had a brother-in-law that was a "functional" alcoholic.

Loved him like a blood brother.He helped everyone and was always there.

Drink of choice of course was vodka.

He fooled everyone until 12 years ago he put a shotgun to his chin. Sad

Miss ya' man!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Alcohol isn't addictive it's some people have personalities that allow them to become addicted to almost anything, gambling, alcohol, narcotics, sex, ect....

Eric meet Alcoholics Anonamous, Alcoholics Anonamous meet Eric...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Eric meet Alcoholics Anonamous, Alcoholics Anonamous meet Eric...

NH3...

Those people have addicition problems, if it was the substance then anyone who drinks a beer at a football game would be an addict.

Some substances, IE Heroin, Cocaine, Nicotine, are extremely addictive and everyone that uses them usually ends up addicted, that's not the case with alcohol.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 04:29 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:Alcohol is extremely addictive... It's somewhat compared to pain killer addiction, cocaine/crack addiction, heroin addiction, meth addiction etc. Unlike Tweed (marijunia) which isn't adictive, alcohol compares to the forementioned easily. Like any and all addictive parafenalia, it depends upon how a person utilizes it.

If you abuse it, it will in turn abuse you...

NH3...

I don't know of any case were people casually use cocaine/crack, heroin or meth.........to compare that to alcohol isn't accurate at all.

Quote:I had a brother-in-law that was a "functional" alcoholic.

Loved him like a blood brother.He helped everyone and was always there.

Drink of choice of course was vodka.

He fooled everyone until 12 years ago he put a shotgun to his chin. Sad

Miss ya' man!

My Mom at one time had got to the point of also endulging too much. My intervention was refusal to talk to her in a drunken state of mind. It worked to perfection, she stopped drinking excessively because she wanted to ALWAYS be able to talk to her baby...

SHE MADE A CHOICE...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote: 

Unlike Tweed (marijunia) which isn't adictive,

I keep hearing this, yet I know several people who seemingly can't go a day without making sure they have their daily well, you know...

Seems like they'd be addicted, to me....

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 04:33 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:I keep hearing this, yet I know several people who seemingly can't go a day without making sure they have their daily well, you know...

Seems like they'd be addicted, to me....

I think they've done studies that back up the claim of weed not having an addictive componets to it. That said it's possible people become dependent on the high it provides.

What a loser.  Cut him.  He's not even an elite WR.  He can be replaced in future drafts.

Absolutely is marijuana addictive.  Not as much as other drugs, but it is.   Before you cry foul, I have actual scientific papers supporting my claims.

For anyone with 10 minutes of time, you can watch this video which gives you a nice review of the evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnNPm5cG85c

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>