Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blackmon To Enter Rehab

Quote:I wonder if a nice long talk with Cris Carter would give him some perspective.  Talking to someone who's been in his shoes can't hurt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poT4i5UnOt4

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poT4i5UnOt4

Wow.  That's exactly how I envisioned it, too.   Smile

Quote:Cannabis addiction is a real thing with rehabilitation programs. And yes there is even withdrawl symptoms. The grade of stuff people get today is insanely potent.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/'>https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:He couldn't have done this back in September?

Maybe he did not realize at the time it is actually a problem he needs rehab for, that he can simply say, "I won't drink today." But without being Justin Blackmon, I have no idea what he was thinking.

Quote:If alcohol is so highly addictive, how are so many of us able to consume it without abusing it or becoming addicted?
If alcohol isn't addictive, then how come withdrawal can kill people?

Alcohol is most certainly addictive but only when abused. That means way too much, way too frequently.

I hope he does well in rehab. He needs to get his life on track, it's so much more important than football. Once he is ready, I'll be glad to see him back on the field. Get better soon, JB.

Quote:If alcohol isn't addictive, then how come withdrawal can kill people?

Alcohol is most certainly addictive but only when abused. That means way too much, way too frequently.

If you use enough of almost anything your body becomes dependent on that substance, it doesn't mean that substance is addicting.

Most deaths coming off Alcohol are related to the damage already done by years of abuse.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Dooley Noted...

NH3..
Vince Dooley?

Does anyone have any data that shows how successful rehab is at correcting dependencies long term? I suspect the rate is very low, but if someone has an idea please shout it out.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:I don't understand the anger some of the fans have. The man has a medical condition and needs help. I hope he gets the help he needs and makes the most of it.

Many people either don't understand alcoholism is a medical condition because it is caused by a personal choice or believe there is a character issue when someone becomes an alcoholic. The truth, of course, is neither of these assumptions. I don't know anything about the Blackmon family, but many people abuse alcohol because their parents did. If your mom was an alcoholic when you grew up, chances are high you would become one too unless she enters rehab before you turn 21. So if Blackmon is interested in becoming a father someday, he needs to do this for the sake of his kids.

Quote:If alcohol isn't addictive, then how come withdrawal can kill people?

Extensive, prolonged alcohol consumption suppresses the brains neurotransmitter responsible for producing feelings of excitability, which the body attempts to compensate for by functioning at a higher level.  When the alcohol suddenly stops, the neurotransmitter can go into a state of hyperactivity, causing anxiety, tremors, seizures, etc.

Addiction and withdrawal are two different things.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

You get him help and if he is clean at the beginning of next year and if he gets reinstated you keep him on the team. He has enough talent that you don't want to have him go to another team when he gets his life together. If he falls off the wagon again he will be out of the league with no chance of coming back. I think it is a long shot that he gets his life together but it has been done before. He is a young immature man with a drug problem and that is how Caldwell is addressing the issue and I applaud him for it. 

Quote:I don't understand the anger some of the fans have. The man has a medical condition and needs help. I hope he gets the help he needs and makes the most of it.

That's the tough guy & it only happens to losers mentality crowd. All I can say is, I hope it happens to them or someone close to them, like a spouse, child or other close family member or friend & then they might get some compassion or see the light. It happened to me & I'm better for it.

Quote:Obviously it's always tracable I was making a joke about Tommy's comment that JB should pony up to buy the untracable weed.
There IS untraceable weed. Lol. I know this because I've used it before.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:There IS untraceable weed. Lol. I know this because I've used it before.

Look at my sig, Tommy. Look at it!

Quote:Extensive, prolonged alcohol consumption suppresses the brains neurotransmitter responsible for producing feelings of excitability, which the body attempts to compensate for by functioning at a higher level.  When the alcohol suddenly stops, the neurotransmitter can go into a state of hyperactivity, causing anxiety, tremors, seizures, etc.

Addiction and withdrawal are two different things.
Alcohol is absolutely 100% addictive. What are you even trying to say? Alcoholism is sometimes considered a disease it's so serious. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:There IS untraceable weed. Lol. I know this because I've used it before.

Tommy, oh Tommy........

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2013, 10:34 AM by DewtheMathis.)

Quote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/992148...b-facility

The best GM Dave Caldwell quote has to be that its not our nature to turn our backs on players - paraphrased of course -

but this was after he tried desperately to trade Justin Blackmon away prior to the suspesion...

i dunno the tebow quote got a lot of attention too..

we need a new GM

Quote:The best GM Dave Caldwell quote has to be that its not our nature to turn our backs on players - paraphrased of course -

but this was after he tried desperately to trade Justin Blackmon away prior to the suspesion...

we need a new GM

Where are you getting the information that we tried desperately to trade him away before he failed drug test?

Quote:The best GM Dave Caldwell quote has to be that its not our nature to turn our backs on players - paraphrased of course -

we need a new GM

I know you can't, but feel free to provide a link indicating the team "desperately" tried to trade Blackmon prior to the suspension.  Much like you completely misrepresented what the Jags GM was considering doing prior to the trade deadline (when it was actually a blogger playing Jaguars GM who was suggesting the trade).

Tebow sucks.  That was arguably one of the best decisions the new GM has made in NOT pursuing him.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]