Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blackmon To Enter Rehab

Quote:The best GM Dave Caldwell quote has to be that its not our nature to turn our backs on players - paraphrased of course -

but this was after he tried desperately to trade Justin Blackmon away prior to the suspesion...

i dunno the tebow quote got a lot of attention too..

we need a new GM

Where you getting this trade talk from? There was a debate on here about posters WANTING to trade Blackmon but I've never heard of anyone in the organization shopping him? Are you referring to the poster blog on some random website?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Tebow sucks.  That was arguably one of the best decisions the new GM has made in NOT pursuing him.

We are the worst team in the history of the NFL and things are only getting worse.  If not bringing Tebow to town is once of the BEST things Caldwell has done, it really does not say much for him.

Quote:The best GM Dave Caldwell quote has to be that its not our nature to turn our backs on players - paraphrased of course -

but this was after he tried desperately to trade Justin Blackmon away prior to the suspesion...

we need a new GM

Do you just make this stuff up, or do you hear them in dreams?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

we need a new GM

You have to be a troll.

Have to.

The alternative is just too darn depressing.

On Wisconsin.

I'm sure it's as much a country club as a rehab. 

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:I guess on some level all substances are addictive. I mean some people are addicted to caffine.

That's kind of my point, with alcohol you can make a choice, you do crack, heroin, concain, choice become less of a factor. Now for some people alcohol is just as addictive as the heavy drugs but it's because of personality traits or issues within that individual, not the substance itself.

I agree with this. I knew a girlfriend who was addicted to Pepsi. She drank 2 bottles in the morning when she woke up, a six pack at work, and a six pack in the evening at home. Additionally, my mother in law drank coffee from the moment she woke up until she went to bed at night. Probably 4 pots a day.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Quote:I guess on some level all substances are addictive. I mean some people are addicted to caffine.

That's kind of my point, with alcohol you can make a choice, you do crack, heroin, concain, choice become less of a factor. Now for some people alcohol is just as addictive as the heavy drugs but it's because of personality traits or issues within that individual, not the substance itself.

You've obviously never encountered a profound alcoholic.

Quote:You've obviously never encountered a profound alcoholic.

My Uncle drank himself to death, found him dead on the bathroom floor 3 years ago with his beer right next to him, so yeah I've know profound alcoholics. I've grown up around profound alcoholics, they ALL struggled with ADDICTIONS period, they couldn't stop smoking, drinking, some of them gambling and so on.

did the alcohol kill them yes, if it wasn't alcohol it would've been something else.

The substance isn't addicting it's the traits of addiction in their personality traits, that's why AA focuses on helping them better themselves not just overcoming alcohol. In AA they have them work through the steps to come off addictions not alcohol specifically.

Quote:You get him help and if he is clean at the beginning of next year and if he gets reinstated you keep him on the team. He has enough talent that you don't want to have him go to another team when he gets his life together. If he falls off the wagon again he will be out of the league with no chance of coming back. I think it is a long shot that he gets his life together but it has been done before. He is a young immature man with a drug problem and that is how Caldwell is addressing the issue and I applaud him for it.

This is all fine and dandy but you'd be a fool to go into this offseason without bringing in a backup plan.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I know you can't, but feel free to provide a link indicating the team "desperately" tried to trade Blackmon prior to the suspension. Much like you completely misrepresented what the Jags GM was considering doing prior to the trade deadline (when it was actually a blogger playing Jaguars GM who was suggesting the trade).

Tebow sucks. That was arguably one of the best decisions the new GM has made in NOT pursuing him.

Technically it was former GM Scott Pioli (and now talking head) who started the trade rumor.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:There IS untraceable weed. Lol. I know this because I've used it before.

Quote:Look at my sig, Tommy. Look at it!

Oh man!!!  Is there a way to favorite threads?  I need to be able to go back and look at this round of convo on rainy days when I need a good laugh!!!

There is untraceable weed, I know because I've used them before!!!  Bwah hahahahah!  Classic!

Tommy, your comedy is right up there with genius like Andy Kauffman!!!  Well done sir, Well done!   

Reminds me of an adam sandler comedy CD from back in the 90's...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCC8wFJhz_M

Quote:My Uncle drank himself to death, found him dead on the bathroom floor 3 years ago with his beer right next to him, so yeah I've know profound alcoholics. I've grown up around profound alcoholics, they ALL struggled with ADDICTIONS period, they couldn't stop smoking, drinking, some of them gambling and so on.

did the alcohol kill them yes, if it wasn't alcohol it would've been something else.

The substance isn't addicting it's the traits of addiction in their personality traits, that's why AA focuses on helping them better themselves not just overcoming alcohol. In AA they have them work through the steps to come off addictions not alcohol specifically.

Then why is it named Alcoholics Anonymous?  Because they are addicted to alcohol.  To state that alcohol doesn't create addiction is just senseless.  

Quote:Alcohol is absolutely 100% addictive. LOL  I just had a beer with dinner, will I be OK?  I don't feel hooked or have an irresistible urge to have another.
What are you even trying to say?  What didn't you understand?  Withdrawal is a short-term medical condition that can occur when your body attempts to compensate for a chemical imbalance
.   Alcoholism is sometimes considered a disease it's so serious. Do you realize people don't become alcoholics overnight?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Then why is it named Alcoholics Anonymous?  Because they are addicted to alcohol.  To state that alcohol doesn't create addiction is just senseless.  

Alcohol as a substance itself is not addictive, the substance is abused by people with addicition problems just like Gambling, Sex, Narcotics and so on.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2013, 10:33 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Oh man!!! Is there a way to favorite threads? I need to be able to go back and look at this round of convo on rainy days when I need a good laugh!!!

There is untraceable weed, I know because I've used them before!!! Bwah hahahahah! Classic!

Tommy, your comedy is right up there with genius like Andy Kauffman!!! Well done sir, Well done!

Reminds me of an adam sandler comedy CD from back in the 90's... <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCC8wFJhz_M'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCC8wFJhz_M</a>
Don't laugh at him. He's suffering from the effects of "untraceable weed"

I think he's referring to synthetic weed aka K2, Spice, and Mr. Nice Guy.

Quote:Dr. Robert Frost, a medical expert, calls K2 “another avenue to trouble”. He explained to us the medical effects of this product. “With marijuana there is a chemical, THC, which latches to a receptor in the brain. With K2, it’s a different drug that latches onto a receptor, with more intensified effects.” These intensified effects go beyond the use of marijuana causing increased heart rate, blood pressure and unmasking mental health issues. Dr. Frost told us that because this incense is untraceable, consumers of K2 are using it as a replacement to marijuana. What’s scary is that there isn’t a uniformed way of making K2. Dr. Frost is concerned because “we don’t know the full consequences of long term use”.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://660com.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/synthetic-marijuana-untraceable-odorless-and-legal/'>http://660com.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/synthetic-marijuana-untraceable-odorless-and-legal/</a>

Look at Tommy's posting history. I think we know the consequences of long term use...

Quote:Alcohol as a substance itself is not addictive, the substance is abused by people with addicition problems just like Gambling, Sex, Narcotics and so on.

Many many times I watched my father dry-heave and shake because he couldn't get a drink.  That was not caused by his addictive personality.  It was the visceral and very real physiological effects of alcohol withdrawal.  

Quote:Many many times I watched my father dry-heave and shake because he couldn't get a drink.  That was not caused by his addictive personality.  It was the visceral and very real physiological effects of alcohol withdrawal.  
I'm like to know your definition of addiction.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:I'm like to know your definition of addiction.

It's the classical definition of addiction.  Your body becomes dependant on it, and if you don't have it, you suffer from physical withdrawals.  Do they not teach this stuff in High School anymore?!?

Quote:I'm like to know your definition of addiction.

It's getting too late to dance.  What's your point?

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 12:16 AM by Tommy.)

Quote:Don't laugh at him. He's suffering from the effects of "untraceable weed"

I think he's referring to synthetic weed aka K2, Spice, and Mr. Nice Guy.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://660com.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/synthetic-marijuana-untraceable-odorless-and-legal/'>http://660com.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/synthetic-marijuana-untraceable-odorless-and-legal/</a>

Look at Tommy's posting history. I think we know the consequences of long term use...
Nope. No synthetics. It's natural. 

Some of the smartest people to ever live/living on earth at the moment used Marijuana profoundly. I really don't understand your point. Considering every single debate we get in, you seem to fade off back into the background of the thread. Why? Because I prove you wrong and win the debate, every, single, time. 

If you look past the low-lives and, "druggies", there is a respectable Cannabis community. In fact, it's one of the largest growing markets in the world. Some people use this plant for other reasons than recreational use. Think with your head.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>