Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 11 Games Of Interest

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 09:18 PM by TravC59.)

Thursday, November 7th

7:30 PM No. 10 Oklahoma at No. 6 Baylor

9:00 PM No. 2 Oregon at No. 5 Stanford

Saturday, November 9th

12:00 PM Vanderbilt at Florida

3:30 PM Brigham Young at No. 24 Wisconsin

7:00 Virginia Tech at No. 7 Miami (FL)

7:00 PM Houston at No. 23 UCF

8:00 PM No. 13 LSU at No. 1 Alabama

If only to me...

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It sucks that both those games are on Thursday... 

O well, I think there is a great chance of a top 5 shakeup.

Quote:It sucks that both those games are on Thursday...

Doesn't suck at all to me. Breaks it up.

Quote:It sucks that both those games are on Thursday... 

The start times though are awesome for each. I am excited about Thursday night.

;

Not for me. I have to be up at 530 for work. So it will be DVR for the second half and watch it while eating breakfast.

;

;

Quote:The start times though are awesome for each. I am excited about Thursday night.

They are awesome if you don't care about the Vikings, which all Jaguars fans should right now. I don't want to watch only 20 minutes of that game before changing the channel.

Quote:Not for me. I have to be up at 530 for work. So it will be DVR for the second half and watch it while eating breakfast.
Understandable.

;

The Miami-VT game starts at 7, so you can add that to your OP Trav.

I am the biggest Stanford fan this week.

Quote:The Miami-VT game starts at 7, so you can add that to your OP Trav.

How about the biggest LSU fan too? If Oregon wins, you will become a huge Tigers fan Saturday when they meet Alabama.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2013, 09:42 AM by BigJohn98.)

Quote:How about the biggest LSU fan too? If Oregon wins, you will become a huge Tigers fan Saturday when they meet Alabama.

I want Alabama to win because I want to knock off the kings. You can't be the man until you beat the man.

Quote:The Miami-VT game starts at 7, so you can add that to your OP Trav.

Got it

;

Quote:I want Alabama to win because I want to know off the kings. You can't be the man until you beat the man.
"Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! You May Not Like it....But You Better Learn To Love It.....Cause It's The Best Thing Goin' Today!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!"

;

Quote:Thursday, November 7th

7:30 PM No. 10 Oklahoma at No. 6 Baylor

9:00 PM No. 2 Oregon at No. 5 Stanford

Saturday, November 9th

12:00 PM Vanderbilt at Florida

3:30 PM Brigham Young at No. 24 Wisconsin

7:00 Virginia Tech at No. 7 Miami (FL)

7:00 PM Houston at No. 23 UCF

8:00 PM No. 13 LSU at No. 1 Alabama

If only to me...

All of these games are dum, noninteresting, and I don't know why we wasted the electrons that were used to type them out. On to the more important stuff...

Thursday night is going to be awesome, although I am bummed that the Baylor - OK game will overlap Oregon - Stanford. Really excited to see Briles' Offense live, and I want to see how Mariota performs against Stanford's Defense.

I have a feeling that VT is going to take Miami apart, especially after losing to Boston College this past weekend. Watching Logan Thomas play QUarterback at this point just kind of makes me sad. For some reason, the LSU - Alabama game doesn't really intrigue me this year. Maybe it's just SEC fatigue, or the fact that I don't want to look at Nick Saban's face any more but there's no real compelling notion for me to watch it. I mean, we all know what this game is going to entail, just not how it's going to end. Will it be Alabama by three or Alabama by three touchdowns?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Anyone cocktail party it up?  I did.  Wasnt planning on going to the game but got a free ticket.  In the gator section unfortunately but cant pass up free!  Was a fun weekend.  And the weather was perfect for tailgating.  after the game hung out at dos gatos for awhile before all the young people and/or wannabe hipsters started showing up in droves.  good times.  I always love cocktail party weekend in Jax.  Usually I stay down at the beach but the way to do it is to stay at the Hyatt or Omni.  Dont have to worry about drinking too much.  Can walk everywhere.  I noticed the Hyatt was passing out bracelets to hotel patrons this year.  Was kind of wondering what you would do as a young guy who tries to bring back a girl to your room.  Alas....  as for this upcoming week.

Vandy at UF - ya know I think Vandy has a shot at this.  UF coming off a tough loss. SEC East hopes officially in the toiled.  And may be looking ahead to the following week against SC.  Its a noon kickoff.  Not to mention UF just isnt as good this year.  If this was last years Vandy team, Im pretty confident they would win.  But this years team has struggled some on defense and will probably be going with their redshirt freshman QB.  He played well in the win over UGA but struggled against A&M.  first time in awhile I wont be at this game in Hogtown.  usually Vandy gets rolled but this one might actually be a bit of a game.

App St at UGA - have a friend coming in from Jax who is part of the Gator Bowl association coming in to scout the Dawgs.  So Ill probably be in Athens for part of the day.  Game itself should be ugly.

other games... great weekend...

Oregon at Stanford - game of the week.  and will be the only show on as its the later thursday night game.  Stanford doesnt seem quite as good this year.  Not sure what they are missing from years past but they dont seem as physically dominating.  Although they certainly seem to have the recipe for slowing down the Ducks.  Im kind of rooting for Oregon.  Good chance Im at the Stanford-Southern Cal game the following weekend.  And it'd make my life much easier if its the 12:30-1 PT kickoff as opposed to 5PT.  And I think the odds of it dropping to an earlier slot are greater if the Cardinal lose.

OU at Baylor - another thursday nighter.  the early game.  Baylors first real test.  OU still has to be upset after getting trucked by Texas.  I've tried watching some of Baylor's games to see their offense but havnet been able to watch much.  Definitely will this weekend.

LSU at Bama - With the Bayou Bengals having two losses this game loses a little cachet. If you dont want to see another SEC team in the championship game this may be your best hope.  Auburn and the SEC title game wont be gimmes but I think LSU may be the best remaining team on Bama's schedule.

Houston at UCF - defacto conference championship game.  At least if UCF wins.  If Houston wins theyll still need to knock off Louisville... which will also be on the road.  Tough two game stretch for the Cougars.  Should be a very entertaining game.  Only other night game of real intrigue is the Bama-LSU game so will be able to watch a good bit of this.

BYU at Wisconsin - Badgers quietly having a good year.  got hosed against ASU.  and suffered only a seven point loss to the Buckeyes.  BYU has been up and down but their QB is fun to watch.  they can put up some yards and points.

Nebraska at Michigan - this is a sneaky good game. Both teams out of the top 25 which seems hard to believe. Nebraska still with a legit shot for conference championship game.  

VaTech at Miami - Tough loss for Miami... thought they played FSU well but offense just sputtered.  And VaTech has had a strange year.  Coulda shoulda lost to East Carolina and Marshall.  Good win against GaTech which I was at. Bad back to back losses to Duke and BC.  Not sure if Miami is overrated enough to lose a VaTech team underachieving as much.

Arizona St at Utah - Utes got Stanford earlier and almost got UCLA.  been a tough place for opponents.

UCLA at Arizona - loser is probably out of Pac12 South race.

as far as conference races....

SEC West - looks like its Bama's to lose.  Although the Iron Bowl matchup at end of year may be a defacto semi-final game.

SEC East - Mizzou's chance got a boost with UGA beating UF this weekend.  A three way tie between Mizzou/SC/UGA will go to Mizzou(assuming their extra loss isnt against UK which it wont be).  SC needs Mizzou to lose twice or UGA and Mizzou to lose once.  UGA needs Mizzou to lose twice.

Pac12 North - Oregon and Stanford game will decide it

Pac12 South - Will get a lot more interesting if ASU loses to Utah this weekend.  they currently have one loss with Arizona, UCLA, and USC have two.  Zona/UCLA loser this weekend will probably be out.  Lots of games remaining between this bunch.

Big10 whatever1 - Its Ohio Sts to lose... theyll have to lose twice for the Badgers to jump them.  not happening.

Big10 whatever2 - Michigan St in the drivers seat but they still have a big game against Nebraska the following weekend.  game is in Lincoln

ACC whatever1 - Its FSU's

ACC whatever2 - Miami with one loss while GaTech, VaTech, and Duke with 2.  Miami has already beat GaTech and they play VaTech this weekend.  Win that game and you have to like their chances.  Ironically it could come down to their game against Duke the following weekend.

Big12 - wide open.  Texas and Baylor undefeated.  OU and Okie St with one loss.  Among these 4 teams, there is only one game played between them so far.  Texas beating OU.  Anything could happen this next month.  Im really looking forward to Baylor/OU this thursday

American - UCF wins it if they beat Houston this saturday.  If Houston gets the victory, then theyll need to win at Louisville the following weekend.  If they beat UCF but lose to Louisville, it becomes wide open.  Cincy still hanging around with only one loss.... but they havent played Louisville or Houston.

MWC West - Its Fresno's to lose... the last game of the year against San Jose st may decide it.

MWC Mtn - Boise has the tiebreaker against Utah St.  cant see them losing to any of their remaining teams.

Quote:I want Alabama to win because I want to knock off the kings. You can't be the man until you beat the man.

If Oregon beats Stanford and Alabama beats LSU, obviously FSU will stay at #3. You need Alabama to lose if Oregon wins because you can't beat the man if you are #3.

Of course, if Stanford wins Thursday night, you have a good point.

Quote:If Oregon beats Stanford and Alabama beats LSU, obviously FSU will stay at #3. You need Alabama to lose if Oregon wins because you can't beat the man if you are #3.

Of course, if Stanford wins Thursday night, you have a good point.
If Oregon wins and Bama win then FSU will not stay at three, they will drop to 3. The SOS will only help Oregon from here on out and hurt FSU with their remaining schedule.

;

Quote:If Oregon wins and Bama win then FSU will not stay at three, they will drop to 3. The SOS will only help Oregon from here on out and hurt FSU with their remaining schedule.

I thought Oregon was 2 and FSU was 3.

Quote:I thought Oregon was 2 and FSU was 3.
I'm talking about the BCS. The only one that matters from here on out.

;

Unless Stanford knocks them off this Thursday, I don't see Oregon losing a game.

And Alabama will be big favorites in all of their remaining games.

At this point, it looks like FSU could end up being 2004 Auburn and not even get a title shot.

;

;

Notre Dame @ Pitt  - 8pm

Most people don't realize that ND is 7-2 and if they win out (Pitt, BYU, Stanford) they will get a BCS Bowl bid.  They are winning ugly but the networks love them .... could leave a team like Clemson in the Citrus Bowl.