Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 11 Games Of Interest

Quote:Unless Stanford knocks them off this Thursday, I don't see Oregon losing a game.

And Alabama will be big favorites in all of their remaining games.

At this point, it looks like FSU could end up being 2004 Auburn and not even get a title shot.
Not sure which would be worse. Toss up. Auburn got robbed in 2004.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Unless Stanford knocks them off this Thursday, I don't see Oregon losing a game.

And Alabama will be big favorites in all of their remaining games.

At this point, it looks like FSU could end up being 2004 Auburn and not even get a title shot.

Any given Saturday. Games have a life of their own. Alabama will still have Auburn and SEC champion. All it takes is one down game from either and I actually think the odds are in FSU's favor.

FSU most likey needs Oregon or Alabama to lose.  either of which is possible.

What Im more intrigued by is what happens if Baylor goes undefeated.  Could they leapfrog FSU?  Their schedule is far and way the most difficult remaining.  Which means each week theyll be in the spotlight while a team like FSU probably wont be talked about much other than Oregon passing them in the BCS again.  If Baylor rolls over these teams like they have everyone else, it wouldnt shock me to see voters get caught up in the late season momentum.

Quote:Any given Saturday. Games have a life of their own. Alabama will still have Auburn and SEC champion. All it takes is one down game from either and I actually think the odds are in FSU's favor.

Auburn sucks. The only game I can see Alabama losing is the one in Atlanta.

Quote:Auburn sucks. The only game I can see Alabama losing is the one in Atlanta.
Auburn is 8-1 and ranked #7 nationally. Based on many previous posts they are excellent.

;

Quote:Auburn is 8-1 and ranked #7 nationally. Based on many previous posts they are excellent.

So why isn't anyone talking about them being a national championship contender? Through 10 weeks, I never heard or read anything about Auburn. Meanwhile lots of people talked about Baylor, who has not been in the top 10 every week either, and UCLA. You would think an 8-1 SEC West team got tons of attention like that.

Quote:So why isn't anyone talking about them being a national championship contender? Through 10 weeks, I never heard or read anything about Auburn. Meanwhile lots of people talked about Baylor, who has not been in the top 10 every week either, and UCLA. You would think an 8-1 SEC West team got tons of attention like that.
I am just basing it on your general line of thinking.

;

Quote:So why isn't anyone talking about them being a national championship contender? Through 10 weeks, I never heard or read anything about Auburn. Meanwhile lots of people talked about Baylor, who has not been in the top 10 every week either, and UCLA. You would think an 8-1 SEC West team got tons of attention like that.

Auburn lost to LSU in week three.  

And you're right the media loves to talk about undefeated teams.  But I have no doubt that Auburn would smoke Baylor and Ohio St, two undefeated teams ahead of them with VERY weak schedules to this point.

Quote:Auburn lost to LSU in week three.  

And you're right the media loves to talk about undefeated teams.  But I have no doubt that Auburn would smoke Baylor and Ohio St, two undefeated teams ahead of them with VERY weak schedules to this point.

I knew Baylor was overrated. So were Miami and Missouri. The people on TV seem to think the only criterion for being one of the best teams in the country is a big 0 in the loss column.

Quote:I knew Baylor was overrated. So were Miami and Missouri. The people on TV seem to think the only criterion for being one of the best teams in the country is a big 0 in the loss column.

You "knew" that Baylor was overrated? What has shown they are overrated? They've destroyed everyone they have played.

Because SEC?

Quote:You "knew" that Baylor was overrated? What has shown they are overrated? They've destroyed everyone they have played.
I believe that if Baylor wins out, they will jump Ohio St. (assuming they win out as well). Their SOS overall will be better and I think they are just better.

;

Quote:I believe that if Baylor wins out, they will jump Ohio St. (assuming they win out as well). Their SOS overall will be better and I think they are just better.

Agree. The teams they have beaten so far they have absolutely dismantled. They are putting up 60/70 points and not even breaking a sweat.

;

;

Quote:You "knew" that Baylor was overrated? What has shown they are overrated? They've destroyed everyone they have played.

I have an idea. If Missouri was still in the Big 12, who would win that game?

Quote:Not sure which would be worse. Toss up. Auburn got robbed in 2004.

How was Auburn robbed?

Auburn has struggled to beat teams like Washington State and Mississippi State. Not sure what makes you say the above.

;

;

Quote:Auburn has struggled to beat teams like Washington State and Mississippi State. Not sure what makes you say the above.

Some people have this stupid idea that all 14 SEC teams are better than all 12 Big Ten teams. You must have SEC bias to believe that.

Quote:How was Auburn robbed?
Because they were the best team that year.

;

Quote:I have an idea. If Missouri was still in the Big 12, who would win that game?
Baylor and it's not even close
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:Auburn has struggled to beat teams like Washington State and Mississippi State. Not sure what makes you say the above.

And either of those teams would be tougher than the average team Ohio State has faced this year.  Their most impressive victory is against a Northwestern team that is now 4-5.

I will retract my skepticism towards Baylor.  They were very impressive last night with some weapons sidelined.  They will definitely have some more tough matchups coming up.