Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can Ohio State ever be #2 this season?

Quote:I was simply rebutting the statement that OSU avoids OOC BCS teams, not saying UC-Berkley is a good team. Somebody thought the Buckeyes avoid BCS conferences - which, taken literally, is not true when you count UCB.

Tennessee is not good at all. Oklahoma is decent. What is your point?
Texas polished off the Sooners and Texas is crap. That's the point. Ohio state always gets more credit than they deserve. Just enjoy the fact that their ranked #4 in the country and smile and waive. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Texas polished off the Sooners and Texas is crap. That's the point. Ohio state always gets more credit than they deserve. Just enjoy the fact that their ranked #4 in the country and smile and wave. 

So you think the Big 12 is not a good conference either?

Quote:I was simply rebutting the statement that OSU avoids OOC BCS teams, not saying UC-Berkley is a good team. Somebody thought the Buckeyes avoid BCS conferences - which, taken literally, is not true when you count UCB.

His point is he's staying away from the SEC.  Your boy Urban likes to use the system to his advantage.  Wait till next year, go undefeated, and maybe you'll have a shot at the playoff.  Your qb will be a year older and you still wont win the national title.

Quote: 

Wallbash

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:His point is he's staying away from the SEC. Your boy Urban likes to use the system to his advantage. Wait till next year, go undefeated, and maybe you'll have a shot at the playoff. Your qb will be a year older and you still wont win the national title.

There is no reason for anyone to think just because Tennessee is in the SEC, it is a better team than Oklahoma. Even Georgia is not ranked this season, so that one also is pointless.

Quote:Yes, we do know it would be a blowout. What has happened in the last two BCS National Championship games in which Ohio State has played a team from the South? Complete domination by Florida and LSU. They can not match up with the combination of size, speed, and strength that southern football teams possess. Alabama and Florida State would physically whip Ohio State. This Oregon team is not the same Oregon that Ohio State beat in the Rose Bowl a few years ago. Oregon has too much speed for Ohio State.

Nothing to add to this JW?

Good chance Oklahoma would easily win the big 10 most years

Quote:True story here, Ohio St cancelled home and homes with Tennessee and Georgia but kept games with UNC and Oklahoma.
Not doubting you, but show me (suddenly I am from Missouri?)

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Nothing to add to this JW?

Sorry, I don't know how I missed that post earlier. You just showed me why your own claim is false: If this is not the same Oregon team Ohio State beat in the Rose Bowl, then this is not the same OSU team that lost to Florida and LSU.

Quote:Yes, we do know it would be a blowout. What has happened in the last two BCS National Championship games in which Ohio State has played a team from the South? Complete domination by Florida and LSU. They can not match up with the combination of size, speed, and strength that southern football teams possess. Alabama and Florida State would physically whip Ohio State. This Oregon team is not the same Oregon that Ohio State beat in the Rose Bowl a few years ago. Oregon has too much speed for Ohio State.
Stop!  Look I am not an Ohio State apologist but please just stop.  This is college football we are talking about.  With top guys leaving for the NFL and important cogs graduating and redshirts being added and true freshmen arriving what does what happened a year ago matter?  Let alone 4, 5, or 6?  Different head coach, different team, different everything.  I recall when a Big 8 team of Nebraska showed up and was blown out by I believe FSU due to speed.  What did Osbourne do?  Added speed and then won 2 back to back.  I remember Fla getting blown out in their first attempt and Spurrier came back with experience and finally gave Gator Nation the Crystal Football.  I do agree that in the past the Big 10 could not match up but times they are a changing.  You Gator fans may hate Urban Meyer all you want, but he will bring the Big 10 via Ohio State into the modern era of college football.  Once that happens look out, and also, that will be a good thing for football fans.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Not doubting you, but show me (suddenly I am from Missouri?)
Google it if you don't believe it.

;

Quote:Stop!  Look I am not an Ohio State apologist but please just stop.  This is college football we are talking about.  With top guys leaving for the NFL and important cogs graduating and redshirts being added and true freshmen arriving what does what happened a year ago matter?  Let alone 4, 5, or 6?  Different head coach, different team, different everything.  I recall when a Big 8 team of Nebraska showed up and was blown out by I believe FSU due to speed.  What did Osbourne do?  Added speed and then won 2 back to back.  I remember Fla getting blown out in their first attempt and Spurrier came back with experience and finally gave Gator Nation the Crystal Football.  I do agree that in the past the Big 10 could not match up but times they are a changing.  You Gator fans may hate Urban Meyer all you want, but he will bring the Big 10 via Ohio State into the modern era of college football.  Once that happens look out, and also, that will be a good thing for football fans.
You fooled me regarding not being an OSU apologist...

;

Quote:Not doubting you, but show me (suddenly I am from Missouri?)

Well...at least you're in the SEC!! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:You fooled me regarding not being an OSU apologist...
Well fine, which team should I substitute OSU for then?  Which team in college football is the exact same team as last year?  Let alone 5 years ago?  I am old enough to remember when Alabama was the best team in the country and the rest of the SEC was a complete joke.  I remember when the SWAC was a power conference, when going to the Bluebonnet bowl meant something.  When USC was the best team in the land, when Duke was the premier team in the ACC, IN FOOTBALL.  My point is things change and what happened last year is irrelevant to this year.  I could go on and on and on.  You pick the team and I can make the case.

Quote:Google it if you don't believe it.
Oh so you make a claim that I question and I have to prove you right?  Obviously you have found the info so point me in the right direction.

Quote:Well fine, which team should I substitute OSU for then?  Which team in college football is the exact same team as last year?  Let alone 5 years ago?  I am old enough to remember when Alabama was the best team in the country and the rest of the SEC was a complete joke.  I remember when the SWAC was a power conference, when going to the Bluebonnet bowl meant something.  When USC was the best team in the land, when Duke was the premier team in the ACC, IN FOOTBALL.  My point is things change and what happened last year is irrelevant to this year.  I could go on and on and on.  You pick the team and I can make the case.
I wasn't asking you to substitute, just stated that you came off as an OSU apologist. Simmer down.

;

Quote:Oh so you make a claim that I question and I have to prove you right?  Obviously you have found the info so point me in the right direction.
I just knew the info. If you wish to confirm it, go ahead. Or don't believe me, no skin off my back.

;

Quote:I just knew the info. If you wish to confirm it, go ahead. Or don't believe me, no skin off my back.

If you want to make claims like that, it is your job to prove it by giving us a link to that information.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 10:03 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:If you want to make claims like that, it is your job to prove it by giving us a link to that information.
I am not claiming that this may have been the case. This is a fact.

Here you go JW and copycat.... http://bit.ly/1efAPm0 and http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ohio+state+backs+ou...see+series

;

Quote:I am not claiming that this may have been the case. This is a fact.

Here you go JW and copycat.... http://bit.ly/1efAPm0 and http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ohio+state+backs+ou...see+series

Man, googling is a hard thing to do.