Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you trade a 3rd for Brett Hundley?

I asked this question to a couple people today,and got good feedback.. Some mentioned throwing Henne in the deal..So i wanted to know what you guys thought. Would that be a good trade?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would just put off thinking about the offseason until the offseason.

Not a chance. What has he done in two years on the bench to suggest that he's worth more than the fifth-round pick used to draft him?

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 07:30 PM by JagsFanJay.)

No and I'm a huge UCLA fan.

Nah

No

That could easily be a top 70 pick.   That's a high price for a QB who was drafted much later and doesn't have a significant body of work in NFL regular season games.

No.  Just draft a QB in the third round instead of trading it for an unproven commodity.  

firing picks into the sun for any quarterback isnt a solution guys.

Uhhh no

Quote:firing picks into the sun for any quarterback isnt a solution guys.

or any other player who never started a game

No way.

Even if trading for Brett Hundley was smart, it would be for a seventh round pick.

I love what I saw out of Hundley in the preseason and wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him to replace Henne and challenge for the start. That said, a 3rd round pick does seem a tad steep given his overall body of work, so I'd work to see if I can make that a later round pick.

'02

Quote:I love what I saw out of Hundley in the preseason and wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him to replace Henne and challenge for the start. That said, a 3rd round pick does seem a tad steep given his overall body of work, so I'd work to see if I can make that a later round pick.

Brett Hundley was injured in preseason, so you had too small a sample size to go by. Try again.

No, he sucks.

not a chance

Quote:I would just put off thinking about the offseason until the offseason.

This is the 2017 pre-season already.  What are you talking about?

Quote:Brett Hundley was injured in preseason, so you had too small a sample size to go by. Try again.

I'm talking about last year during his rookie preseason, and he was extremely impressive. The guy might be the real deal.

'02

I know you can only know so much from preseason games, but he really was impressive with incredible poise in the pocket and he throws strikes.

The following is his NFL career preseason stats...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">50 of 72 (69.4%) for 697 yards (9.7 YPA), 7 TDs and 1 INT for a 126.9 qb rating

<p style="margin-left:40px;">5 sacks (29 yards), 7 rushes for 27 yards (3.9 ypc), 1 fumble (0 lost)

'02