Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you trade a 3rd for Brett Hundley?

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016, 07:14 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:This is the 2017 preseason already.  What are you talking about?

What are you talking about? This is the 2016 regular season and everyone knows that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree a 3rd is a lil high. But you have to look at who his mentor and coach is... Its a great chance he ends up being a good qb.. You have to look at every aspect..

Quote:I agree a 3rd is a lil high. But you have to look at who his mentor and coach is... Its a great chance he ends up being a good qb.. You have to look at every aspect..

There is not a great chance he will be a good QB after changing teams. To get better he needs to remain the backup of a future HOFer.

Quote:There is not a great chance he will be a good QB after changing teams. To get better he needs to remain the backup of a future HOFer.

Tell that to the other Brett! The nfl has evolved, you dont have to wait 3 years to develop and play in the nfl. Its all about the now... Look around at the rookies playing this season... I would bet anything he could come in to a game and play just as good as any rookie or hell Blake Bortles..

Hundley had tons of talent. Obviously we don't know if it will translate to long term success in the NFL yet, with that said, right now I wouldn't give much more than what he was drafted at. I'd Def add henne to the deal if I could.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

No way no a 3rd. I love UCLA and really wanted him as our pick later in the draft. He should be available in FA I bet

I would trade for Hundley. But I do not want to give up a 3rd round pick. Maybe a 4th or 5th.

Trading for a backup Packers QB kind of comes full circle don't you think?

You guys make a 3rd seem like a 1st rnd.. The Vikings gave up a 1st and a 3rd for Bradford.. You gotta think what would it be worth the Packers trading him? They dont gain nothing from another 5th rnd pick..

A 3rd sandwich maybe.  But only if it had like... Mayo on it.  Because Mayo is awful.  Might even trade a 1st or 2nd sandwich for Hundley if it had Mayo.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You guys make a 3rd seem like a 1st rnd.. The Vikings gave up a 1st and a 3rd for Bradford.. You gotta think what would it be worth the Packers trading him? They dont gain nothing from another 5th rnd pick..

Technically,  the Sam Bradford trade was for a 1st in 2017 and a conditional 4th in 2018.   I'm not sure what it would take for the conditions of the 2018 pick to change.  

From a Packers standpoint,   a high 3rd Round pick for Brett Hundley might be tempting.  But I'm not sure if they would do that considering the time Hundley already has in learning their Offensive system.    If the Packers keep Hundley until the time he becomes an UFA and he then signs elsewhere,  that would improve their Compensatory Draft Pick situation for the following season.    Along with the Ravens,  the Packers probably have put as much emphasis on collecting Compensatory picks as any team in the NFL for over a decade. 

Quote:You guys make a 3rd seem like a 1st rnd.. The Vikings gave up a 1st and a 3rd for Bradford.. You gotta think what would it be worth the Packers trading him? They dont gain nothing from another 5th rnd pick..

And if you ask most people, the Vikings got hijacked.

Bradford was a starting QB most of his career.

Quote:And if you ask most people, the Vikings got hijacked.

If you ask most people, the Vikings offense would be terrible if they did not make that trade.

Quote:If you ask most people, the Vikings offense would be terrible if they did not make that trade.

I realize the Vikings have been hit extremely hard by injuries at Offensive Tackle and with Adrian Peterson being out the last 9 games.   But the 2016 Vikings Offense doesn't remind anyone of the 1998 Vikings Offense or the Greatest Show on Turf from St. Louis.

Quote:Tell that to the other Brett! The nfl has evolved, you dont have to wait 3 years to develop and play in the nfl. Its all about the now... Look around at the rookies playing this season... I would bet anything he could come in to a game and play just as good as any rookie or hell Blake Bortles..

Did you not notice I was specifically referring to Hundley, not all young QBs who had the luxury of backing up HOFers?

Quote:I realize the Vikings have been hit extremely hard by injuries at Offensive Tackle and with Adrian Peterson being out the last 9 games. But the 2016 Vikings Offense doesn't remind anyone of the 1998 Vikings Offense or the Greatest Show on Turf from St. Louis.

No offense will remind us of those! They broke NFL scoring records. I was comparing Sam Bradford to Shaun Hill, the guy who took one snap last night. Imagine how bad Minnesota's banged up offense would be with him under center.

Quote:No offense will remind us of those! They broke NFL scoring records. I was comparing Sam Bradford to Shaun Hill, the guy who took one snap last night. Imagine how bad Minnesota's banged up offense would be with him under center.

I greatly appreciate the 4 season contribution Shaun Hill provided the Lions a few years back.   At that time,  I thought he was close to the ideal # 2 QB in practical terms.  

At this point of Hill's career though,  he's noticeably limited physically.    The Vikings Offense would be worse off without Bradford.  Yet,  it's a fair question to ask,  will the Vikings ever get a good enough return on investment from the trade they made with the Eagles for Bradford?     They paid a high price.

Quote:  I greatly appreciate the 4 season contribution Shaun Hill provided the Lions a few years back.   At that time,  I thought he was close to the ideal # 2 QB in practical terms.  

At this point of Hill's career though,  he's noticeably limited physically.    The Vikings Offense would be worse off without Bradford.  Yet,  it's a fair question to ask,  will the Vikings ever get a good enough return on investment from the trade they made with the Eagles for Bradford?     They paid a high price.

I agree a first rounder was too high for Bradford. It was shocking because Rick Spielman vowed to not pay a high price for a "one-year rental."

Quote:I agree a first rounder was too high for Bradford. It was shocking because Rick Spielman vowed to not pay a high price for a "one-year rental."

It might be for longer than 1 year,  when considering the uncertainty of Teddy Bridgewater's career because of the major knee injury he suffered leading up to the final pre-season game.

Quote:It might be for longer than 1 year, when considering the uncertainty of Teddy Bridgewater's career because of the major knee injury he suffered leading up to the final pre-season game.

For Teddy Bridgewater's sake, I hope it is not longer than one year.

If I was the Vikings, I would have only given up a second rounder for Sam Bradford.