Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Cecil Shorts doesn't go over 1,000 yards will you change your opinion?

He has to show he can be a true #1 WR. We can't go into the draft with more team needs.

Now that Justin Blackmon is not on the team for the rest of the season, Shorts will be getting a heavy work load for the next 8 games. In my opinion he has no reason to end the year under 1,000 yards receiving.

Our run game is struggling with Jones-Drew. The verdict is still out on Mike Brown

Cecil, now is your chance to become only the 3rd player in franchise history to go over 1k receiving in a season and the first since Jimmy Smith.

Most importantly you can write your own paycheck by seasons end.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not sure,if the run game keeps struggling and no other receiving options emerge defenses could just key on him all game.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013, 09:18 PM by Jinjo.)

Hes going to get a lot of targets thanks to Henne who just locks onto one guy, which is good for his development and my fantasy team. 

Quote:He has to show he can be a true #1 WR. We can't go into the draft with more team needs.

Now that Justin Blackmon is not on the team for the rest of the season, Shorts will be getting a heavy work load for the next 8 games. In my opinion he has no reason to end the year under 1,000 yards receiving.

Our run game is struggling with Jones-Drew. The verdict is still out on Mike Brown

Cecil, now is your chance to become only the 3rd player in franchise history to go over 1k receiving in a season and the first since Jimmy Smith.

I would'nt be looking at if reaches the 1,000 yard plateau but his 1 td and  ton of drops at the halfway point of 2013. Shorts is what he is. A #2 wideout on a bad football team.

Cecil is great

Quote:I would'nt be looking at if reaches the 1,000 yard plateau but his 1 td and  ton of drops at the halfway point of 2013. Shorts is what he is. A #2 wideout on a bad football team.

He has only started 16 games, and youre claiming to know what his career path is going to be, think about that. 

I'll change my mind if Cecil doesn't get 1000 yards next season.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:He has to show he can be a true #1 WR. We can't go into the draft with more team needs.

Great talent, but I'm starting to wonder a little bit about his durability.  The best ability is availability so the saying goes.  When he's healthy and on his game he's wothy of being in the pro-bowl.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I don't think he's a true # 1.  He's a great complement but he will be hard pressed to repeat last year's production.

Gene's Myth

If Shorts stays healthy he'll get 1000 yards.  (on pace for 92 catches 1130yards - more really, if you consider he didn't really play in Denver)

Not that I have some imaginary yardage requirement for him to be legitimate.  I think he's a good receiver.  I don't give a rat's [BLEEP] about all of this "true #1 WR" stuff either.  You need 3 guys that can get open and catch the ball to be successful.  The best of the 3 will draw extra coverage sometimes if he's good enough.  We've seen teams do that with Cecil before - so I don't get the concern.

The "jury" may still be out on Brown - but he's shown me enough to have  some confidence in him.  Henne obviously does.  Shorts/ Brown/ Sanders should be a capable enough line-up if the run game is working and we aren't constantly playing from a 3 touchdown deficit.  

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 10:02 PM by BasshunterX.)

Without a "true #1 WR", you'll have teams playing zone in the second level of the defense all day. Good luck with your running game, screens, and sub 20 yard passes after that. Oh and of course the increase in interceptions as defenses start jumping routes.

Sounds familiar yeah? Thats because its happening now. Lack of deep ball plays are also contributing.

You always need a Z receiver to stretch the field and keep defenses honest.

I've always liked Cecil. He works hard and plays through injury consistently

Shorts is the type of player that looks like a Pro Bowler with a good QB throwing to him, but an average run-of-the-mill #2 with an average QB.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Shorts is the type of player that looks like a Pro Bowler with a good QB throwing to him, but an average run-of-the-mill #2 with an average QB.

Hes an average WR2 right now with the worst QBs in the league, hes going to look so much better next year.

Quote:Hes an average WR2 right now with the worst QBs in the league, hes going to look so much better next year.

If the line improves too

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I'm hopeful that Burton can emerge as something too. He seems to have a good mix of size and speed.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Shorts is the type of player that looks like a Pro Bowler with a good QB throwing to him, but an average run-of-the-mill #2 with an average QB.
if you put Demaryius Thomas on this team, he would look average. Same goes for everyone not named AJ Green, Megatron and Dez. With better QB play, Shorts will easily get 1,000 yards every year he is healthy.

Quote:if you put Demaryius Thomas on this team, he would look average. Same goes for everyone not named AJ Green, Megatron and Dez. With better QB play, Shorts will easily get 1,000 yards every year he is healthy.
It wasn't an insult, but Shorts won't be some world beating receiver here. He won't be that guy that makes his QB look good, he'll be the guy that looks good because of his QB.

Unlike most guys in his position that look like absolute trash with trash at QB, Shorts manages to look average-to-above average with Henne and Gabbert.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

A 1000 yards means nothing if you dont win!!

Can't blame Shorts for playing bad on a bad team.  He's not a number one wide out but plays the sidekick role well.  If Henne could be consistent then yes he'll pass the 1,000 yard mark.