Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2005 Jacksonville Jaguars

One of the most underrated, and least talked about squads IMO. Second best record in franchise history at 12-4, 1st playoff season since 1999, 1st ever season sweeps of both the Titans, and those pesky Texans. We had a few great and memorable games like that SNF game against Cincinnati, those OT wins against Pittsburgh and New York, and that hilarious blowout of the Titans in week 17 by our 2nd, and 3rd string team by the likes of Quinn Gray.

This season was also notable for being the last season for Jimmy Smith, and for being the last season that the Jags had a 1,000 yard receiver.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Probably the easiest schedule the Jags ever had.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Who cares. It's 2013.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

I prefer the 2007 team.

Quote:Probably the easiest schedule the Jags ever had.

And yet they beat both Super Bowl participants that year.

;

;

Quote:And yet they beat both Super Bowl participants that year.
They beat Seattle early in the season in the Jacksonville heat and that team was practically built to beat the Steelers.

You are just trying to be a Debbie Downer, aren't you? We were a legitimate playoff team. Pittsburgh was actually good that year. So were the Colts. Show me the records of all 16 opponents.

Thing I remember most about that season is how amazing Mike Peterson played. Has to be the best season from a Jags linebacker. Dude was in the zone. I remember he played with a broken arm in the playoff game too. Tough guy. One of my all time favorite Jaguars. 

[Image: hot-dancing-unlv-college-football-fan-2012.gif]

Quote:You are just trying to be a Debbie Downer, aren't you? We were a legitimate playoff team. Pittsburgh was actually good that year. So were the Colts. Show me the records of all 16 opponents.
Jets 4-12

Rams 6-10 (lost that game)

Houston 2-14 (twice)

Ravens 6-10

Titans 4-12 (twice)

Cardinals 5-11

Browns 6-10

49ers 4-12

That's ten games against opponents with losing records.

Quote:I prefer the 2007 team.

Me too. The 2007 team was legitimately talented and would've wiped the floor with the 2005 team.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I thought the 14-2 team in '99 was the easiest schedule the team has ever played.

2005 was a huge letdown for me as a fan. The team launched itself into the playoffs on a 3-game winning streak, and absolutely dismantled the last two teams they faced. Then, like the Jaguars have done historically, they fell flat on their face and were blown out in the first round. Huge disappointment.

2007 was my favorite year of the Shack/Jack/Gene era (error), with the playoff win at Pittsburgh being one of the most memorable games the Jags have ever played.

Quote:Jets 4-12

Houston 2-14 (twice)

Ravens 6-10

Titans 4-12 (twice)

Cardinals 5-11

Browns 6-10

49ers 4-12

The only team the 99 Jaguars played with a winning record was the Titans. And, well, we know how that turned out.

;

;

Houston 2-14 (twice)

Ravens 6-10

Titans 4-12 (twice)

Cardinals 5-11

Browns 6-10

49ers 4-12

Yeah, it was really a super easy schedule. Still a fun season. 2007 was way better though. 

For the record; in 05 the Jags went 3-3 against winning teams and 9-1 against losing teams.

In 07 they went 4-3 against winning teams and 6-1 against losing teams and 1-1 against the 8-8 tinhorns.

It was a better year than 2007 imho because this was the zenith of hope of the Harris/Del Rio era. Leftwich was playing his best football and Garrard was the best backup in the league, Stroud, Henderson, Mathis, Manuwai, Smith, Grant, Jones and Jones all had their best football in front of them, Darius, Jimmy, Neaole and Spicer just had to give us another year or two and the team would be built for the long haul.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

2004 and 2007 best seasons I remember. 2005 was fun too, but 2004 was the birth of the cardiac cats. Was a heartbreaking season though.

This team back then would probably still go winless

Quote:For the record; in 05 the Jags went 3-3 against winning teams and 9-1 against losing teams.

In 07 they went 4-3 against winning teams and 6-1 against losing teams and 1-1 against the 8-8 tinhorns.

Houston 2-14 (twice)

Ravens 6-10

Titans 4-12 (twice)

Cardinals 5-11

Browns 6-10

49ers 4-12

Yes, but don't forget that the Rams and Jets were both coming off of playoff seasons in 2004, and the Texans had managed to sweep us the year before. The Ravens still had a pretty good defense, but from what I can remember, they had an atrocious QB at the time. Some of those games (like the Browns and 49ers), were surprisingly competitive.

Quote:2004 and 2007 best seasons I remember. 2005 was fun too, but 2004 was the birth of the cardiac cats. Was a heartbreaking season though.
2004 season was seriously awesome. That 27-24 win in Indy was one of the best games I've ever seen. That game at Green Bay was also amazing. 

I don't ever talk about 2004. That Texans game took awhile to get over with; the fans didn't show up either. The Texans players talked so much crap after is what made me hot. I'll take the 2007 team over all the 2000's squads though. That playoff win capped it for me.