Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2005 Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:I remember after this game people were talking about us as if we were a sure fire lock-in for Super Bowl champs. And people were saying that Jacksonville was the team "That nobody wants to play."

Man, oh man, how much has changed...

That Freddy T. and MJD 1-2 punch…so good

Gene's Myth

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That Freddy T. and MJD 1-2 punch…so good
I'm starting to believe that it was a mistake to get rid of Freddy T and Mike Peterson. We'll never have as good of a DC as Mike Smith was for a long time.

IMO, the only reason that we didn't go to the SB that year was because of the lack of depth at WR. I have no doubt in my mind that if Jimmy Smith was still with us in 07, we would have gone to the Super Bowl.

Quote:Probably the easiest schedule the Jags ever had.

Yep 2005 & 1999 had ridiculously easy schedules, but they did what they should have, until getting spanked in the playoffs 28-3

Quote:I prefer the 2007 team.

The 2007 team never gets enough credit. That team scored 24+ points per game in every game for the last 10 games of the season that year, and not only that but in the last 8 games they were pretty much right there with the record breaking Patriots point for point. Thats what sold me on Dirk Koetter. 

Quote:Didn't we lose like 28-3 in the playoffs though? I also prefer the 2007 team. Even though we had an easy schedule in 05 I still liked that team though. First play of the year was a fumble by seahawks on the kick off, don't ask why I remember that.

Yep, typical Del Rio/ Mike Smith. 

Quote:I still remember that MNF game against Pittsburgh in 06 where we held the Steelers to 9-0. Probably the best defensive game this team has ever played in its 20 year history.

Wrong. The 48-0 win over Cleveland in 2000 was a much more dominant defensive game. We held their QB Spurgeon Wynn to like 9 yards or something. 

Quote:I'm starting to believe that it was a mistake to get rid of Freddy T and Mike Peterson. We'll never have as good of a DC as Mike Smith was for a long time.

Wow, wrong on all 3 counts. 

Quote:Yep 2005 & 1999 had ridiculously easy schedules, but they did what they should have, until getting spanked in the playoffs 28-3

The 2007 team never gets enough credit. That team scored 24+ points per game in every game for the last 10 games of the season that year, and not only that but in the last 8 games they were pretty much right there with the record breaking Patriots point for point. Thats what sold me on Dirk Koetter. 

Wrong. The 48-0 win over Cleveland in 2000 was a much more dominant defensive game. We held their QB Spurgeon Wynn to like 9 yards or something. 

Wow, wrong on all 3 counts. 
Am I wrong because you say I'm wrong?

Quote:Wrong. The 48-0 win over Cleveland in 2000 was a much more dominant defensive game. We held their QB Spurgeon Wynn to like 9 yards or something. 

Maybe it wasn't the most dominating, but I will say that it was probably the most physical.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

1-2 = typical?

You talk such rubbish.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

The first Jaguar season I watched was in 2004. Losing to the Texans twice that year ruined our playoff chances.

2005 was very fun to watch. The Jags won 8 out of their last 9 games. It was very exciting for me to watch as a new fan to the NFL. It doesn't matter if they had an easy schedule or got blown out by the Patriots in the playoffs. It got me really hooked on the Jags.

My favorite season is 2007.  Freddy T and Mojo were doing their thing. David Garrard had a magical season. I believe he threw only 3 interceptions the whole season. Defense was still very good.

These past four years though... Not much to be said there. I do envy everyone who has been a fan of the Jags since Jacksonville got the team. They witnessed some real memorable football.