Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has There Been a Worse Non-Expansion NFL Team?

Quote:I have a daughter who is also my niece.

Fixed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I hate cheese.
....especially melty cheese.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:While its never surprising how dumb ESPN is, its surprising to have so many Jags fans that post here actually be so dumb too.

The Jags schedule the 1st 8 games was for the most part very difficult. It has influenced the level of losses that they have suffered. Over the course of thre next 8 games, the Jags schedule gets much easier.....not only will they win a game or 2 over that stretch but the games that are losses will also be much closer. 

All this talk of "worst team ever" is such a crock of poop. 

I disagreed with The Mad Dog on a lot of things and have questioned his fanhood at times, but he hit the nail on the head here. Look at the records of our 16 opponents. In the first half of the season, we lost to only team that is still undefeated (Chiefs), second-best team in the NFC on the road (Seahawks), highest-scoring offense in 2013 on the road (Broncos), and last year's NFC champion at a neutral site (49ers). The only team to beat the Seahawks so far is the Colts, who also beat the 49ers this year. In the second half of our schedule, only the Colts currently have a winning record. Why is this so hard to understand?

Quote:Good point.   Oops.  Guess we must have misplaced our teal glasses, huh?  

Someone forgot to tell the O-line about that one, Joke-la-homer.   

Which goes to show they would have been better off squashing the Jaguars by 50. Letting up is dangerous

Quote:Fixed.

lolz

Quote:Vegas has the 2008 Lions as about a 3 point favorite over us at a neutral field.  We're a part of something now guys, embrace this.  This is the worst team ever
No way.  The 2008 Lions were far better than this team.

Quote:The Jags got my hopes up a tiny bit after the Denver game.

Just going on the absolute hopelessness I felt for this team after the losses that followed....  I have to say I've not seen a team this bad that I can recall.  There probably have been a few - but the Jags play vs. SF and SD was really, really, really, really horrible.  

It won't take seven years to reach the playoffs, though.  That's just absolutely ridiculous to say.  

Yeah, this was a bad year to get the NFL season pass for me.  The previous 2 years I watched from streaming websites and didn't get to watch our suck in glorious HD. 

I remember the Dolphins being pretty bad that one year they went 1-15, but I never watched all thier games.  Now I'm watching all the Jaguar games, and it's pretty horrific. 

I remember the 1-15 Cowboys team under Jimmy Johnson, they were pretty bad, but I was a kid.  From what I remember about that team was that they had potential and a good rookie QB. 

Now to think about it objectively, I wonder if the KC chefs last year were arguing the same thing.  They had a pretty horrible QB last year.  Is it possible we are better then they were?  I guess.  But this slide into 2013 is painful.

I still think we're better than the 2008 Lions.  I really do. Our QB hasn't created a self safety.  Now if Henne or Gabbert self safety, then yes, I'll agree that we are the worst.  Untill then, it's the 2008 Lions as the worst non-new-franchise team...

We're in the arguement, but we're not there yet...  Plus we have a whole 8 games to prove otherwise...  So there is still hope... 

Quote:My post has empirical support:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/i...ville-jags

"Jacksonville has been the least competitive team since the merger."

Enough said.

LOL, yes, let's take ESPN as the world wide leader of crap (sport) news.  Don't get me wrong, I watch ESPN's family of channels.  But I don't take anything they do seriously in terms of journalism.  They are the Fox News for sports.  They are ENTERTAINMENT.  Entertainment is not reality. 

Colin Cowherd, Skip Bayless, Greeney and Golic, Trent Dilfer, Ray Lewis, now they got some white dude from FSU that washed out that is supposed to be the insider of all things NCAAF and NFL, it makes me laugh!...  LOL these are the contributors to that rag of a media outlet.  They are fun to listen to while I actually do real work.  But I never, and I mean EVER listen to them for insight on ANYTHING regarding sports. 

Does anybody ever watch SportsCenter anymore?  Maybe I'm just older and don't have time for it...  But man, that whole telecast is lame. 

Enough said.

Ok, do you just want others to confirm we are the worst team ever to put on pads in the history of any competitive football?  Sure, we are the worst.  Can we move on from these weekly topics?

Enough said.

You should add "so far".  There is another half season to play.  Maybe they'll come out and go 3-5, who knows?  The schedule is weaker and the offense has actually been moving the ball between the 20s since Gabbert was benched.  

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Yeah, this was a bad year to get the NFL season pass for me.  The previous 2 years I watched from streaming websites and didn't get to watch our suck in glorious HD. 

I remember the Dolphins being pretty bad that one year they went 1-15, but I never watched all thier games.  Now I'm watching all the Jaguar games, and it's pretty horrific. 

I remember the 1-15 Cowboys team under Jimmy Johnson, they were pretty bad, but I was a kid.  From what I remember about that team was that they had potential and a good rookie QB. 

Now to think about it objectively, I wonder if the KC chefs last year were arguing the same thing.  They had a pretty horrible QB last year.  Is it possible we are better then they were?  I guess.  But this slide into 2013 is painful.

I still think we're better than the 2008 Lions.  I really do. Our QB hasn't created a self safety.  Now if Henne or Gabbert self safety, then yes, I'll agree that we are the worst.  Untill then, it's the 2008 Lions as the worst non-new-franchise team...

We're in the arguement, but we're not there yet...  Plus we have a whole 8 games to prove otherwise...  So there is still hope... 

The season the Dolphins went 1-15 was 2007.   While the Dolphins lost a few close games that season,  their only win that season was a late season OT win over the Ravens. They were close to being the first team that went 0-16.   If the Dolphins would have lost that game to the Ravens or even ended up in a tie,  the perception of the 2007 Dolphins would be at or near the ultra low perception level of the 2008 Lions.  Instead,  they are viewed as another 1-15 team that gets lost in the shuffle of teams that had horrible seasons.  

Anchorman, why are you basing your opinion of who the worst team is on one play?

Well, it was ugly, but any win feels good at this point.