Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which team will win tonight?
Dallas Cowboys
Minnesota Vikings
[Show Results]

***Official Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings Game Day Thread***

On the 2 point conversion attempt play that Cowboys DT Cedric Thornton should have been penalized on,  the officials also appeared to have missed a False Start penalty on Vikings LT T.J. Clemmings.   The play very likely shouldn't have even happened.   If that was the case,  it would have put the ball on the Cowboys 12 yard line,  after a previous False Start put the ball at the 7 yard line. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:On the 2 point conversion attempt play that Cowboys DT Cedric Thornton should have been penalized on, the officials also appeared to have missed a False Start penalty on Vikings LT T.J. Clemmings. The play very likely shouldn't have even happened. If that was the case, it would have put the ball on the Cowboys 12 yard line, after a previous False Start put the ball at the 7 yard line. 

T.J. Clemmings was charged with a false start and holding earlier in the game. Will the Vikings ever get their opening day starter back this season?

I am sure no matter what Dean Blandino says about this, Vikings fans will not be happy about it.

Quote:T.J. Clemmings was charged with a false start and holding earlier in the game. Will the Vikings ever get their opening day starter back this season?

I am sure no matter what Dean Blandino says about this, Vikings fans will not be happy about it.

It's highly unlikely that Matt Kalil will come off I.R. this season.  Adrian Peterson has a much better chance of being the player the Vikings bring back from I.R.  

A key long term question for the Vikings is will they end up re-signing Kalil,  who is scheduled to become an UFA?   Kalil's best season was as a rookie in 2012 but he's light years better than anyone else the Vikings used at LT this season.  T.J. Clemmings is playing LT out of necessity.  His future appears to be back at RT.

Quote:It's highly unlikely that Matt Kalil will come off I.R. this season. Adrian Peterson has a much better chance of being the player the Vikings bring back from I.R.  

A key long term question for the Vikings is will they end up re-signing Kalil, who is scheduled to become an UFA?  Kalil's best season was as a rookie in 2012 but he's light years better than anyone else the Vikings used at LT this season. T.J. Clemmings is playing LT out of necessity. His future appears to be back at RT.

He definitely is playing LT out of necessity. You can tell he is out of position there. Of course right now Vikings fans only care about Tony Corrente.

Quote:He definitely is playing LT out of necessity. You can tell he is out of position there. Of course right now Vikings fans only care about Tony Corrente.

Even if the officiating went the Vikings favor on that play,   they still would have had to convert the 2 point conversion on the next play or eventually.   Even if they did that,  the game very likely would have gone to OT.  

Though the officiating should be a major focal point,   the Vikings Offense has been a liability much more than an asset in the last 7 games.   Not to mention the fumble on the Punt Return that in essence cost them a TD last night and changed the complexion of the game substantially. 

Quote:Even if the officiating went the Vikings favor on that play, they still would have had to convert the 2 point conversion on the next play or eventually. Even if they did that, the game very likely would have gone to OT.  

Though the officiating should be a major focal point, the Vikings Offense has been a liability much more than an asset in the last 7 games. Not to mention the fumble on the Punt Return that in essence cost them a TD last night and changed the complexion of the game substantially. 

Vikings fans know this, but you know how fans are, being one yourself. It is much easier to see this POV when you are on the outside looking in.

Quote:Vikings fans know this, but you know how fans are, being one yourself. It is much easier to see this POV when you are on the outside looking in.

I agree. 

Yet,  those that aren't Vikings fans like myself can look at their team's situation more objectively.   I've watched most of the Vikings games this season and it's evident that their Offense has become a major liability,  when comparing it the median NFL team.   That could change in 2017.   But right now,  they have lost 6 out of their last 7 games largely because they have a very limited running game and deep passing game.  

Quote:I can understand a missed holding call here or there, but how do you not see what is happening to the qb while he's still making a play?

You're talking to a Panthers fan....if I could only count on two hands the number of times we've seen this. It's embarrassing how bad the refs are. And it's not just my team it's every game I watch.

Quote:I can understand a missed holding call here or there, but how do you not see what is happening to the qb while he's still making a play?

And there's no logical explanation for it. And the worst part is the NFL doesn't hold anyone accountable so there never will be an explanation. It's always just us fans having to take whatever they serve up.

They're going to have to add an 8th ref and assign them to the QB. Doesn't seem like any way around it

Quote:I agree. 

Yet,  those that aren't Vikings fans like myself can look at their team's situation more objectively.  I've watched most of the Vikings games this season and it's evident that their Offense has become a major liability, when comparing it the median NFL team. That could change in 2017. But right now, they have lost 6 out of their last 7 games largely because they have a very limited running game and deep passing game.  

Exactly. Minnesota's offense has been banged up all year. But they have to find a way to get in the end zone and not put themselves in the situation they were in with 25 seconds left.

Quote:And there's no logical explanation for it. And the worst part is the NFL doesn't hold anyone accountable so there never will be an explanation. It's always just us fans having to take whatever they serve up.

They're going to have to add an 8th ref and assign them to the QB. Doesn't seem like any way around it

They are talking about adding full-time officials in the offseason.

Quote:Exactly. Minnesota's offense has been banged up all year. But they have to find a way to get in the end zone and not put themselves in the situation they were in with 25 seconds left.

One excellent point the TV announcers mentioned last night is the extremely high difficulty the Vikings have in overcoming an Offensive Penalty.   If they don't stay on schedule,  it's highly likely their drive is going to end without a TD.  

Quote:One excellent point the TV announcers mentioned last night is the extremely high difficulty the Vikings have in overcoming an offensive penalty. If they don't stay on schedule, it's highly likely their drive is going to end without a TD.  

You are talking about the NFL's best announcing crew. That would be an interesting statistic to watch league-wide.