Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Detailed Midseason Breakdown of Dave Caldwell's Major Moves

Quote:We are 1-7. Still going to get the 1st pick, still worst team in the NFL, but slightly more competitive. Enough so that we don't get beaten by 10 or more points every single game. And the fans are satisfied that we will get a franchise QB, without the danger of going 0-16. 

That's what.
Whoa whoa whoa, so you think an OLB improves our roster THAT much?  Really?  A Daryl Smith is not enough to make a team competitive.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Then you sir, don't belong here. This place is for people who accept and embrace mediocrity from their football team.

...says the guy that complains about "meaningless wins".

So mediocrity is ok when you say so?

;

;

Quote:Then you sir, don't belong here. This place is for people who accept and embrace mediocrity from their football team. We are perfectly fine with the culmination of the rebuild = .500 after three years!! :pinch:  
 Because there's evidence of that here, right?

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013, 10:33 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:...says the guy that complains about "meaningless wins".

So mediocrity is ok when you say so?

Mediocrity or worse (recordwise) is okay for THIS season, because you're hopefully trying to get that elusive stud QB that this franchise has been missing, since, um, ever....

If in 3 years this team is only 8-8, well....and you accept that and think thats a good place to be??... :unsure:

Sorry, but I have higher expectations for this team in 3 years.....thats what the whole purpose of the tanking this year is supposed to be all about, Einstein....

Quote:Mediocrity or worse (recordwise) is okay for THIS season, because you're hopefully trying to get that elusive stud QB that this franchise has been missing, since, um, ever....

If in 3 years this team is only 8-8, well....and you accept that and think thats a good place to be??... :unsure:

Sorry, but I have higher expectations for this team in 3 years.....thats what the whole purpose of the tanking this year is supposed to be all about, Einstein....

So you are embracing mediocrity. Hypocrite much?

;

;

Quote:So you are embracing mediocrity. Hypocrite much?

You can't see the difference??

I'm sacrificing wins for this season to get the stud QB who I expect to bring this team OUT of the decade long mediocrity that they have been in. 

If in 3 years, they are STILL mediocre, then I will not be happy with that. The whole idea is to get good. 

Quote:You can't see the difference??

I'm sacrificing wins for this season to get the stud QB who I expect to bring this team OUT of the decade long mediocrity that they have been in. 

If in 3 years, they are STILL mediocre, then I will not be happy with that. The whole idea is to get good. 

I get what you are saying.

I just find it funny that you make snarky comments about people on this message board accepting mediocrity. While at the same time, you are embracing mediocrity.

;

;

Quote:Whoa whoa whoa, so you think an OLB improves our roster THAT much?  Really?  A Daryl Smith is not enough to make a team competitive.
Do I think it makes the difference between 0-8 and 1-7? Yeah absolutely. It's not like I am talking about us having a winning record, but I think there is a lot better chance we would have won at least one of our first few games.

Quote:I can promise you that even if we resigned Daryl, Cox, Knighton, and Greg we would still be 0-8...
And I can promise you if we had resigned them we wouldn't be....

Quote:I get what you are saying.

I just find it funny that you make snarky comments about people on this message board accepting mediocrity. While at the same time, you are embracing mediocrity.

:no: Wallbash 

Quote:So, Daryl Smith would give us 1 extra win at this point on his own?  How?  Is he playing offense? 

People have this tendency to overvalue players, and based on the position he plays, he wouldn't contribute to a win.  He might take those 20 point losses and make them 17 point losses, but that's about it.  This is a bad team that required gutting.  What Caldwell did is the equivalent of ripping a band aid off as opposed to slowly peeling it away as we've seen the team do repeatedly in the past. 
No, but his ability to be a solid playmaker on defense allow other people to step up, and make the defense better as a whole. Maybe they would even get off the field on third down once and awhile. A couple less scoring drives in just one or two games could have changed the way those games went as whole.

Quote:Daryl Smith would play QB and throw bombs to himself and beat the Rams.
No but he would help to prevent teams from establishing the run game and short passing game so easily.... 

Quote: :no: Wallbash

If you can't see the irony, I can't help you.

;

;

Quote:And I can promise you if we had resigned them we wouldn't be....

Dude you can't be serious, what is wrong with some of you? You're acting as if we let go a bunch of impact players, Derek Cox is literally one of the worst corners in football right now, go ask a Chargers fan. Terrence Knighton's play has steadily declined over the course of the season, Greg Jones is a FULLBACK, and Daryl Smith (assuming he was 100% healthy) is 31 years old and would’ve been ineffective because our defensive line is absolutely terrible, offensive lineman routinely get to the second level with relative ease, so please let it go.

Quote:Dude you can't be serious, what is wrong with some of you? You're acting as if we let go a bunch of impact players, Derek Cox is literally one of the worst corners in football right now, go ask a Chargers fan. Terrence Knighton's play has steadily declined over the course of the season, Greg Jones is a FULLBACK, and Daryl Smith (assuming he was 100% healthy) is 31 years old and would’ve been ineffective because our defensive line is absolutely terrible, offensive lineman routinely get to the second level with relative ease, so please let it go.

I don't have a problem with the players Caldwell let go. 

I have a problem that more of them weren't.....like Marcedes....

Quote:I don't have a problem with the players Caldwell let go. 

I have a problem that more of them weren't.....like Marcedes....

His time is coming.

Quote:Dude you can't be serious, what is wrong with some of you? You're acting as if we let go a bunch of impact players, Derek Cox is literally one of the worst corners in football right now, go ask a Chargers fan. Terrence Knighton's play has steadily declined over the course of the season, Greg Jones is a FULLBACK, and Daryl Smith (assuming he was 100% healthy) is 31 years old and would’ve been ineffective because our defensive line is absolutely terrible, offensive lineman routinely get to the second level with relative ease, so please let it go.
Wow.....

You can't be serious here. I never once have complained about Derek Cox being let go, please read my statements. 

Terrance Knighton has played just fine this season (2 sacks, AKA almost 1/5 of our whole teams total sacks on the year), and I was comparing him to Roy Miller not some stud DT. He has played much better than Miller has.

Greg Jones could be an immense help with blocking assignments on both pass and run plays, which our team sorely needs right now.

Daryl Smith is probably the best LB on the Ravens defense, but I guess since he is old we can ignore that. 

Nice arguments though, you brought up some really thought provoking, deep statements....

Quote:Wow.....

You can't be serious here. I never once have complained about Derek Cox being let go, please read my statements. 

Terrance Knighton has played just fine this season (2 sacks, AKA almost 1/5 of our whole teams total sacks on the year), and I was comparing him to Roy Miller not some stud DT. He has played much better than Miller has.

Greg Jones could be an immense help with blocking assignments on both pass and run plays, which our team sorely needs right now.

Daryl Smith is probably the best LB on the Ravens defense, but I guess since he is old we can ignore that. 

Nice arguments though, you brought up some really thought provoking, deep statements....

"And I can promise you if we had resigned them we wouldn't be...."

You literally just said if we resigned those players we'd have at least one win right now, are you not mattsurf1700?

I miss Daryll.  That's about it.

Quote:Wow.....

You can't be serious, the problem with the Jaguars running game has nothing to do with the fullback, our offensive line (particularly the interior) gets no push, and we don't have a dynamic RB to compensate for such a deficiency, keep trying though.