Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Detailed Midseason Breakdown of Dave Caldwell's Major Moves

Quote:"And I can promise you if we had resigned them we wouldn't be...."

You literally just said if we resigned those players we'd have at least one win right now, are you not mattsurf1700?
Yeah I said that if we resigned them we wouldn't be 0-8... What is your point?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You can't be serious, the problem with the Jaguars running game has nothing to do with the fullback, our offensive line (particularly the interior) gets no push, and we don't have a dynamic RB to compensate for such a deficiency, keep trying though.
I am not saying that our only problem is a lack of a FB. I am saying our O-line sucks and having a great FB would be some help that we very badly need. 

Way to ignore my other points though.... I'll accept your resignation from this argument any time now.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013, 11:16 AM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:Wow.....

You can't be serious here. I never once have complained about Derek Cox being let go, please read my statements. 

Terrance Knighton has played just fine this season (2 sacks, AKA almost 1/5 of our whole teams total sacks on the year), and I was comparing him to Roy Miller not some stud DT. He has played much better than Miller has.

Greg Jones could be an immense help with blocking assignments on both pass and run plays, which our team sorely needs right now.

Daryl Smith is probably the best LB on the Ravens defense, but I guess since he is old we can ignore that. 

Nice arguments though, you brought up some really thought provoking, deep statements....

Who cares if he has 2 sacks? Do you really believe Terrance Knighton has become Geno Atkins now that he's in Denver? I can almost guarantee that Knighton's "sacks" have come off blown assignments by an offensive lineman. Roy Miller was one the reasons the Bucs run defense was tough last year, the Jaguars took a chance on him and it hasn't worked out, get over it. At the end of the day all of the guys you're talking about are just that, they're all just another guy.

Quote:Yeah I said that if we resigned them we wouldn't be 0-8... What is your point?

What player did the Jaguars let walk would've possibly accounted for 1 win?

Quote:I miss Daryll.  That's about it.

you don't miss him enough to get his spelling right (Daryl)..... :whistling: 

Quote:Who cares if he has 2 sacks? Do you really believe Terrance Knighton has become Geno Atkins now that he's in Denver? I can almost guarantee that Knighton's "sacks" have come off blown assignments by an offensive lineman. Roy Miller was one the reasons the Bucs run defense was tough last year, the Jaguars took a chance on him and it hasn't worked out, get over it. At the end of the day all of the guys you're talking about are just that, they're all just another guy.
Wah wah wah :'(

2 sacks can be the difference between a scoring drive for the offense and a defeat, or a 3 and out and a victory. Don't cry about the fact that I beat you, one day you will look back on this as a learning experience. Roy Miller is bad. We paid him as much as a player we already had got paid, and that player is better. I never said Terrance Knighton was a beast, just that he was better than Miller. Which he is. I win. Sorry.

Quote:What player did the Jaguars let walk would've possibly accounted for 1 win?
Daryl Smith, Greg Jones, and Terrance Knighton. Between them being better than their replacements, and the fact that they would make players around them better, I believe it would account for 1 win. We could still have Geno Hayes too. Just not Miller or Will T.

Quote:Wah wah wah :'(

2 sacks can be the difference between a scoring drive for the offense and a defeat, or a 3 and out and a victory. Don't cry about the fact that I beat you, one day you will look back on this as a learning experience. Roy Miller is bad. We paid him as much as a player we already had got paid, and that player is better. I never said Terrance Knighton was a beast, just that he was better than Miller. Which he is. I win. Sorry.

LOL

Quote:LOL
See! It didn't take you long at all to laugh about it. It's good you can move on from things so quickly.

And since the Jags didn't keep the players that I thought they should, you and the Jags both have the same amount of victories up til now... 

Quote:See! It didn't take you long at all to laugh about it. It's good you can move on from things so quickly.

And since the Jags didn't keep the players that I thought they should, you and the Jags both have the same amount of victories up til now... 

Ok

We let go of Smith because he's "old" at 31 but keep Meester and he's damn near 50. I'm exaggerating but he's way older in football sense than Smith. I get one contract was up but they could've found a younger center better than Meester when you see the decline in him last season. if you're gutting the team and replacing players with younger players then Meester has no reason being on this team.

Quote:We let go of Smith because he's "old" at 31 but keep Meester and he's damn near 50. I'm exaggerating but he's way older in football sense than Smith. I get one contract was up but they could've found a younger center better than Meester when you see the decline in him last season. if you're gutting the team and replacing players with younger players then Meester has no reason being on this team.

Brad Meester's time is coming, along with Marcedes Lewis etc..

Is this where I come to claim my dead horse you keep beating?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:We let go of Smith because he's "old" at 31 but keep Meester and he's damn near 50. I'm exaggerating but he's way older in football sense than Smith. I get one contract was up but they could've found a younger center better than Meester when you see the decline in him last season. if you're gutting the team and replacing players with younger players then Meester has no reason being on this team.

And how long was the contract they gave to Meester?

He was given a minimum wage 1 year deal because they weren't able to identify anyone who could fill that role any better.  He wasn't given a mufti-year contract by the team.  Like the other short term contracts they signed, he's nothing but a band aid for the sake of the rebuild. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Daryl Smith, Greg Jones, and Terrance Knighton. Between them being better than their replacements, and the fact that they would make players around them better, I believe it would account for 1 win. We could still have Geno Hayes too. Just not Miller or Will T.

Why is it that difficult for you to understand that the guys they were replaced with weren't expected to be long-term solutions?  Is it really that tough to grasp?

And all of this epic whining thread is based on nothing more than your desire for 1 win?  Gimme a break.  We're in the driver's seat for the first pick in the draft.  1 win could make the difference between getting it or not.  This team was always going to be bad this year.  Deal with it.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Honestly I'm fine with everything right now. I did want Geno in the second but I can live with Bridgewater or Mariota next year. Maybe since before the season started I was telling everyone I knew that the jags would be luck to win 3-4 games this year I was expecting the season to look like this. I understood that as long as our qb situation looked like it did we would score about 12 points and be demolished. I thought the defense would be improved but not to a historic level to win games 9-6. How he building them team I am completely fine with. Blow it up, draft players, go to off-season and repeat process.

His lack of knee jerk signings and random draft pick tells me that he has a plan. If it is the right plan it remains to be seen but I do feel this guy can properly identify talent. That I have a strong conviction about. I don't mind sucking for another year or two if that mean this guy can draft high and bring in quality players, find go free agents and build a contender. He wont spend money on mediocre players. He rather break them bank on one really go one.

Gene's issue was he could identify talent. He focused on metrics and his system of evaluation rather than the talent and game film. Guy was a great scout and did the footwork but just could pick them.

Why is Miller the one being compared to Knighton?

Why not Marks?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:Why is Miller the one being compared to Knighton?

Why not Marks?
Because Miller is the one who received the similar deal to Knighton's. We could have signed Marks and Knighton, instead of Marks and Miller. Marks got signed to a 1 year, $1.5 million contract.

...So whatever props up your argument then?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:Why is it that difficult for you to understand that the guys they were replaced with weren't expected to be long-term solutions?  Is it really that tough to grasp?

And all of this epic whining thread is based on nothing more than your desire for 1 win?  Gimme a break.  We're in the driver's seat for the first pick in the draft.  1 win could make the difference between getting it or not.  This team was always going to be bad this year.  Deal with it.

"He was given a minimum wage 1 year deal because they weren't able to identify anyone who could fill that role any better.  He wasn't given a mufti-year contract by the team.  Like the other short term contracts they signed, he's nothing but a band aid for the sake of the rebuild. "

That was your exact quote talking about the reason why the team resigned Meester. How can you possibly say that I don't understand that the guys who replaced Smith, Jones, and Knighton weren't expected to be long term solutions, when that is exactly what I am complaining about. They were all already band aids for the team, yet Dave cut them all, and signed cheaper band aids who were all worse than the players they replaced. They didn't identify anyone better at all. Is it really that tough for you to grasp?? You seem to be the one who doesn't understand here.

On top of that, if we win 1 game we will still get the number 1 pick. The Bucs aren't going to go 0-16. We, on the other hand, probably will because Dave cut three of the solid players we did have (because they didn't fit into his long term plans, even though they were all signed to cheap, short term deals anyways) and signed players for almost the exact same type of deals who were even worse. Now we get to sit through a whole season without a win, and go down as the worst team in NFL history. Awesome plan. Guess I should deal with it.