Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Detailed Midseason Breakdown of Dave Caldwell's Major Moves

Quote:...So whatever props up your argument then?
Uh no.... We signed Marks to a different deal than we signed Miller. The Marks and Knighton comparison is not valid. Miller and Knighton is however, because they got deals worth the same money, for the same duration, and to play the same position. I don't have any issue with us signing Geno or Marks. My issue is with us not signing Smith or Knighton, and signing Miller.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Uh no.... We signed Marks to a different deal than we signed Miller. The Marks and Knighton comparison is not valid. Miller and Knighton is however, because they got deals worth the same money, for the same duration, and to play the same position. I don't have any issue with us signing Geno or Marks. My issue is with us not signing Smith or Knighton, and signing Miller.

I love how much you've whined in this thread.  You expected everyone to take your "evaluation" of the roster as gospel truth, and when they didn't, you felt the need to throw a fit, I guess?  You ever stated that you weren't unhappy with how things are, but you sure are pissing and moaning about it now.

Knighton has a whole two more sacks than Miller.  Other than that, their numbers are practically identical, and by all accounts Knighton is regressing at this point.  Is 2 sacks going to change our season?  Nope!  And the fact that you intentionally chose the less productive DT that Caldwell signed is hilarious.

Smith was not a long-term fixture at his position, and the Jags were outspoken about wanting him back anyway.  He picked the Ravens, and we saved money.  It's clear that out new GM is avoiding knee-jerk signings and overpriced players.  I guarantee you Smith would look less stellar than he does this year with all these rookies and stop gaps around him.

Overall, just quit whining and give it a while.  We're all entitled to our opinions too, and that's something you just have to deal with.  Sheesh.

Quote:I love how much you've whined in this thread.  You expected everyone to take your "evaluation" of the roster as gospel truth, and when they didn't, you felt the need to throw a fit, I guess?  You ever stated that you weren't unhappy with how things are, but you sure are [BAD WORD REMOVED] and moaning about it now.

Knighton has a whole two more sacks than Miller.  Other than that, their numbers are practically identical, and by all accounts Knighton is regressing at this point.  Is 2 sacks going to change our season?  Nope!  And the fact that you intentionally chose the less productive DT that Caldwell signed is hilarious.

Smith was not a long-term fixture at his position, and the Jags were outspoken about wanting him back anyway.  He picked the Ravens, and we saved money.  It's clear that out new GM is avoiding knee-jerk signings and overpriced players.  I guarantee you Smith would look less stellar than he does this year with all these rookies and stop gaps around him.

Overall, just quit whining and give it a while.  We're all entitled to our opinions too, and that's something you just have to deal with.  Sheesh.
Awww poor JaguarKick doesn't like people talking badly about his precious GM Sad 

So sorry I try to fairly evaluate what he has done instead of just assuming all of his moves are perfect. If you notice I complemented the moves with Cox, and the two safeties. I am not whining about anything, merely pointing out mistakes made. Some people here tend to take offense to that and its fine. There is a difference between opinion and fact as well. 2 sacks more than Miller is a huge deal, when our defense has 11 sacks total... In fact he would be tied for the lead on our team in sacks if he was here. 

Don't see any fits thrown here other than those by people who can't stand to here that Dave Caldwell isn't the perfect GM with a perfect plan GM. Sorry burst your bubble I guess. I chose Miller to compare because he is the one who got the deal similar to Knighton's, and he was the one paid more money to replace Terrance. Marks was signed to play the other DT spot. I could compare them as well, but why? I thought the Marks signing was just fine. I think having Marks and Knighton would have made out D-line much improved over Miller and Marks. But I guess reading my actual statements was too much work for you, so you took the shortcut of just assuming what I said.

Good job.

Quote:Uh no.... We signed Marks to a different deal than we signed Miller. The Marks and Knighton comparison is not valid. Miller and Knighton is however, because they got deals worth the same money, for the same duration, and to play the same position. I don't have any issue with us signing Geno or Marks. My issue is with us not signing Smith or Knighton, and signing Miller.

That's got to be the weakest comeback I've ever seen. We signed both players to play the same defensive tackle position.  The only reason you're not using Marks as the comparison is because it would completely defeat the point of your epic little whine fest. 

And for your information, Knighton signed a 2 year contract with the Broncos worth $4.5 million.  Marks signed a 1 year deal worth 1/3 of that.  Marks has more tackles, a forced fumble, and the 2 sacks. 

Miller signed a 2 year contract that's comparable to what Knighton signed with Denver, and the only difference is 2 sacks. 

Neither Miller nor Knighton are setting the league on fire with their play, but somehow you think we got the short end of the deal when statistically, it's pretty much a wash.  You're trying to portray this like there's some huge difference here, and that's not the case.  This is what you've had to resort to in order to whine. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:No one's failing to understand the logic, plenty are disagreeing with the method.
Because clinging to marginal talent is your preferred method?  How's that worked out for this team in the past few years?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:That's got to be the weakest comeback I've ever seen. We signed both players to play the same defensive tackle position.  The only reason you're not using Marks as the comparison is because it would completely defeat the point of your epic little whine fest. 

And for your information, Knighton signed a 2 year contract with the Broncos worth $4.5 million.  Marks signed a 1 year deal worth 1/3 of that.  Marks has more tackles, a forced fumble, and the 2 sacks. 

Miller signed a 2 year contract that's comparable to what Knighton signed with Denver, and the only difference is 2 sacks. 

Neither Miller nor Knighton are setting the league on fire with their play, but somehow you think we got the short end of the deal when statistically, it's pretty much a wash.  You're trying to portray this like there's some huge difference here, and that's not the case.  This is what you've had to resort to in order to whine. 
How is it a weak comeback? I like the Marks signing, and plus Marks was signed to be the pass rushing defensive tackle (the position Alualu vacated when he moved to DE) and Miller was signed to be the gap filling run stopper (what Knighton was before he left). I have never said anything about Marks negatively, because I like the signing and he very easily could have worked out next to Knighton, and our DTs would have been better than they are now. Miller is the one I am comparing to, for all the reasons I stated above. I am not sure how you don't see that. You just keep defending your original point when I have contradicted it several times in several different ways. Get over it. 

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013, 02:20 PM by JaguarKick.)

Quote:Awww poor JaguarKick doesn't like people talking badly about his precious GM Sad

So sorry I try to fairly evaluate what he has done instead of just assuming all of his moves are perfect. If you notice I complemented the moves with Cox, and the two safeties. I am not whining about anything, merely pointing out mistakes made. Some people here tend to take offense to that and its fine. There is a difference between opinion and fact as well. 2 sacks more than Miller is a huge deal, when our defense has 11 sacks total... In fact he would be tied for the lead on our team in sacks if he was here. 

Don't see any fits thrown here other than those by people who can't stand to here that Dave Caldwell isn't the perfect GM with a perfect plan GM. Sorry burst your bubble I guess. I chose Miller to compare because he is the one who got the deal similar to Knighton's, and he was the one paid more money to replace Terrance. Marks was signed to play the other DT spot. I could compare them as well, but why? I thought the Marks signing was just fine. I think having Marks and Knighton would have made out D-line much improved over Miller and Marks. But I guess reading my actual statements was too much work for you, so you took the shortcut of just assuming what I said.

Good job.

Where did I assume all moves were perfect?  Hmm?  I defy you to find me saying that.  Way to perpetuate your childishness here though.

I've read everything you said, and you chose the inferior player to prop up your argument.  It's fine; just admit it.  It's how everyone makes an argument. 

The jury is out on Caldwell.  Maybe we're agreed about that.  But you're the one slinging insults at people who don't agree with you, so...

Quote:How is it a weak comeback? I like the Marks signing, and plus Marks was signed to be the pass rushing defensive tackle (the position Alualu vacated when he moved to DE) and Miller was signed to be the gap filling run stopper (what Knighton was before he left). I have never said anything about Marks negatively, because I like the signing and he very easily could have worked out next to Knighton, and our DTs would have been better than they are now. Miller is the one I am comparing to, for all the reasons I stated above. I am not sure how you don't see that. You just keep defending your original point when I have contradicted it several times in several different ways. Get over it. 

You haven't contradicted diddly squat. All you've done is repeatedly whine about losing a marginal player.  I'm assuming mediocrity is something you look upon fondly based on the amount of wasted keystrokes you've had in this thread defending it.

Quote:We are 1-7. Still going to get the 1st pick, still worst team in the NFL, but slightly more competitive. Enough so that we don't get beaten by 10 or more points every single game. And the fans are satisfied that we will get a franchise QB, without the danger of going 0-16. 

That's what.
If we are 1-7 we dont get the first pick at this point...

Quote: and Miller was signed to be the gap filling run stopper (what Knighton was before he left). 

Just want to point out that Knighton was on the decline (again) the last half of the 2012 season in Jax.  He was very inconsistent and that's the gripe on him now in Denver.  I don't see what's wrong with trying to upgrade that.  It's a shame Miller didn't turn out better, but...  the last half of 2012 Knighton was pretty unimpressive as well. 

I mean, in weeks 13 and 14 the bills ran for 232 yards and the jets ran for 166 vs the jags. Lots of those runs were between the tackles. I remember starting a thread about it after the jets game.   Knighton didn't show up, man.  

Quote:Just want to point out that Knighton was on the decline (again) the last half of the 2012 season in Jax. He was very inconsistent and that's the gripe on him now in Denver. I don't see what's wrong with trying to upgrade that. It's a shame Miller didn't turn out better, but... the last half of 2012 Knighton was pretty unimpressive as well.

I mean, in weeks 13 and 14 the bills ran for 232 yards and the jets ran for 166 vs the jags. Lots of those runs were between the tackles. I remember starting a thread about it after the jets game. Knighton didn't show up, man.
...But he got 2 sacks man!!!

--__--
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Knighton had to get out of Jax.  The fans were bustin bottles over his head.  It was getting bad around here.

Quote:...But he got 2 sacks man!!!

--__--

Honest question:

As of today if you had to pick a DT who would you rather have on your team Miller or Knighton?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Because clinging to marginal talent is your preferred method?  How's that worked out for this team in the past few years?

Better then this method of playing 16 preseason games.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Better then this method of playing 16 preseason games.

Would you rather go back to 2009-2010 and be 7-9/8-8 and essentially be stuck in neutral?

Quote:Honest question:

As of today if you had to pick a DT who would you rather have on your team Miller or Knighton?
I'm picking Marks.

We let Knighton walk and signed a bunch of DTs.

Why is Miller the only one being judged?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:Where did I assume all moves were perfect?  Hmm?  I defy you to find me saying that.  Way to perpetuate your childishness here though.

I've read everything you said, and you chose the inferior player to prop up your argument.  It's fine; just admit it.  It's how everyone makes an argument. 

The jury is out on Caldwell.  Maybe we're agreed about that.  But you're the one slinging insults at people who don't agree with you, so...
I never said you assumed all his moves were perfect, I simply said I wasn't doing that myself. If you really want to assume that all people argue the same way you do, go ahead. But I picked to compare Miller because he is the one that is comparable. Don't worry that you have no proof to back up your argument against me, you just admitted that's how you like to do things. One day you will learn I suppose. I do my best to teach people like you, but it seems like all you do is fight against proper knowledge, instead of accepting it and moving on. 

Again I will say this, I chose to compare Miller because: 1. He received the similar deal 2. He plays the run stopping DT position 3. I like the Marks signing.

I have yet to say anything negative about Marks. This post is not about him. It is about the fact that we let Knighton go and picked up Miller, an inferior player, to replace him. The Marks signing was fine.

I think right now our tackles should be Marks and Knighton, but they aren't. Continue to defend the Miller signing without basis if you must, but don't muddle my arguments with unfounded accusations. 

Quote:Would you rather go back to 2009-2010 and be 7-9/8-8 and essentially be stuck in neutral?
I would rather go 1-15 than 0-16.

Quote:Would you rather go back to 2009-2010 and be 7-9/8-8 and essentially be stuck in neutral?

hell yes, had Gene made better selection in 2011 and 2012 we'd be in the drivers seat of the division. Let's stop pretending going 0-16 is the only way to build a roster.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'm picking Marks.

We let Knighton walk and signed a bunch of DTs.

Why is Miller the only one being judged?

Knighton is being compared because he was replaced by Miller, who plays the same role as him as a run plugging DT, for roughly the same amount.

If you can have a combination of Marks/Miller or Marks/Knighton which combo would you pick?

Or do we continue the tap dance?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."