Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Official Jaguars Mid-Season awards Thread

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 12:33 PM by knarnn.)

This season hasn't been a bright spot in franchise history but I'm sure we can come up with a few players who have exceeded expectations. But I must admit I do need some help from you all.

The categories are as follows:

Offensive MVP

Defensive MVP

Most improved player

Special Teams MVP

Most impressive coach

And we have to include - Most disappointing player

Cast your nominations here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anger is the only one earning his paycheck  :teehee:

Offensive MVP: Justin Blackmon

Defensive MVP: Jonathan Cyprien or Will Blackmon

Most Improved Player: Ehh. This one is hard. Has to be Justin Blackmon.

Special Teams MVP: Justin Todman.

Most Impressive Coach: Jerry Sullivan. Blaxkmon and Cecil are one of the best tandems in the NFL, and Cecil emerged once Sullivan got here. It's not just a coincidence. 

Most Disappointing Player: Roy Miller. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 12:37 PM by BasshunterX.)

Offensive MVP - lol. The only one who hasn't stunk it up is blackmon. So he wins by default.

Defensive MVP -  [BLEEP] for sure

Most improved player - Mike Harris

Special Teams MVP - None

Most impressive coach - Sullivan

Most disappointing player - The team

Offensive MVP:   N/A

Defensive MVP:  GAME CLOCK

Most improved player:  CSIII

Special Teams MVP: SCOBEE

Most impressive coach:  NOT OURS

Most disappointing player: BLAINE GIBBLET

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

worst topic ever for a team that may be the worst team ever.

we gave up 155 points int he 1st half this season.  That's 19 point per game in the 1st half alone.  That's a combination of a pathetic offense, terrible defense, and horrendous coaching.

Quote:Special Teams MVP: Justin Todman.

That has to be a joke. Guy can't even catch a kickoff...

Offensive MVP : Blackmon

Defensive MVP : Poz

Most Improved: Tie betwee Mike Harris and Mike Brown

Special Teams : Sanders

Most impressive Coach : Sullivan

Most Disappointing : Will Rackley

Quote:Most improved player:  CSIII

Please explain.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 01:01 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:This season hasn't been a bright spot in franchise history but I'm sure we can come up with a few players who have exceeded expectations. But I must admit I do need some help from you all.

The categories are as follows:

Offensive MVP

Defensive MVP

Most improved player

Special Teams MVP

Most impressive coach

And we have to include - Most disappointing player

Cast your nominations here.
 Offensive MVP:  Justin Blackmon.  Offensive productivity has increased dramatically since his return

Defensive MVP:  Either Will Blackmon or SenDerrick Marks.  Blackmon has been around the football;  Senderrick Marks has provided some semblance of a pass rush inside and has flashed a disruptive play or two.

Most improved player:  This is tough.  I can't think of anyone who has improved.  Maybe Mike Harris.

Special Teams MVP:  Anger. 

Most impressive coach:  I'm drawing a blank.  You could argue Bradley with his ability to remain positive throughout the stench of this season.  Maybe Sullivan...maybe the DL coach. 

And we have to include - Most disappointing player:  Can I nominate the team?!?  If I have to reduce it to one, I'm thinking it may be Joeckel.  He's the 2nd overall pick, never looked comfortable on the right side, finally got moved to the left, only to be injured for the season after a quarter at LT.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote: 

Most improved player:  This is tough.  I can't think of anyone who has improved.  Maybe Mike Harris.

I would say Pasztor but it is a small sample size.

;

;

Quote:Anger is the only one earning his paycheck  :teehee:

Meh.

__

Offensive MVP: Blackmon.
Defensive MVP: Blackmon.
Most improved player: Mike Brown is making a strong case here.
Special Teams MVP: Scobee.
Most impressive coach: Per usual, Jerry Sullivan.
And we have to include - Most disappointing player: *copies and pastes 80-percent of roster*

In other news, what say we about Austin Pasztor so far?

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Meh.

__

Offensive MVP: Blackmon.
Defensive MVP: Blackmon.
Most improved player: Mike Brown is making a strong case here.
Special Teams MVP: Scobee.
Most impressive coach: Per usual, Jerry Sullivan.
And we have to include - Most disappointing player: *copies and pastes 80-percent of roster*

In other news, what say we about Austin Pasztor so far?

Starting to like him. I tried to watch him specifically and from what i saw he can hold his own but not really "control" the DE. He would be good for a QB that stayed in the pocket alot but i dont see him being too effective with a more mobile QB if the pocket had to be moved around while holding up in pass blocking.

I actually wanted to list him as a 3 way tie for most improved with Mike Harris , Mike Brown and Pasztor but forgot.

Quote:That has to be a joke. Guy can't even catch a kickoff...
tommy is a joke, he doesnt even know the players actual name. did you see his thread "no way" to blame the coaching staff thread. lol what a fail.

Quote:That has to be a joke. Guy can't even catch a kickoff...
He's created a hybrid player of Jordan Todman  with Justin Forsett's hands  - it makes perfect sense. 

To be fair Heero he has a point in that thread., You should check out a post i made there a few mins ago.

Anyone not voting M Brown as  most improved hasn't been watching.  Just saying....

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 01:52 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Offensive MVP - Pasztor

Defensive MVP - Blackmon

Most improved player - W. Blackmon & Brown

Special Teams MVP - Scobee

Most impressive coach - Sullivan

Most disappointing player - Miller, Gabbert, Henne, Babin, Meester, Lewis, and Rackley

Quote:To be fair Heero he has a point in that thread., You should check out a post i made there a few mins ago.
there is a point but to suggest there is "no way" to blame the coaching staff for the current state of the franchise is just asinine. see my post on the thread explaining my stance.

Jaxson'D Ville... everyone else isn't getting the job done.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.