Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eye surgery for Mike Zimmer

As if a string of football player injuries were not bad enough, now the head coach has one.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ye-surgery

Get well soon, Mike Zimmer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully,  Mike Zimmer will make a complete and speedy recovery.

Tremendous coach.

When the Vikings were 5-0, he was my early pick for Coach of the Year because Minnesota managed to lose several key players without losing games. I expect to hear a lot about his latest setback during the Cowboys game tonight.

Norv Turner's decision to resign looms large now. I can't trust Pat Shurmur against the NFL's best team.

Good decision by Mike Zimmer and everyone involved in him not coaching this past evening against the Cowboys:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/statu...3080464384

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc'>David J. Chao, MD<span>Verified account </span>‏@<b>ProFootballDoc</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/804362143080464384' title="8:30 AM - 1 Dec 2016">15h15 hours ago</a>
</div>

<p class=""><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/MikeZimmer?src=hash'>#<b>MikeZimmer</b></a> must be compliant and do it right this 3rd eye surgery. 25% chance he could have some vision loss otherwise.

What I don't understand is the doctors previously doing it wrong twice. It should have been fixed the first time. Of course late is better than never, but the Vikings missed him last night.

Quote:What I don't understand is the doctors previously doing it wrong twice. It should have been fixed the first time. Of course late is better than never, but the Vikings missed him last night.

At this point in time I don't think the doctors are to blame for the situation with Mike Zimmer's eye.

Right now,  I would be extremely surprised if Mike Zimmer is in Jacksonville 9 days from now coaching the Vikings.   It's hard to imagine him being cleared to be on an airplane anytime in the near future.

Quote:At this point in time I don't think the doctors are to blame for the situation with Mike Zimmer's eye.

Right now, I would be extremely surprised if Mike Zimmer is in Jacksonville 9 days from now coaching the Vikings. It's hard to imagine him being cleared to be on an airplane anytime in the near future.

That would be a big boost for Jacksonville. Mike Priefer kept looking away from the field like he did not want to be there.

Please refer to him by his new name Mike Zmmer

Quote:That would be a big boost for Jacksonville. Mike Priefer kept looking away from the field like he did not want to be there.

It's not easy trying to juggle responsibilities as Interim HC and as Special Teams Coordinator.  

As valuable as Mike Zimmer is on Game Day,  it's far from a given Zimmer will even be able to contribute much in terms of Vikings preparation for the Jaguars game.   At least for the Cowboys game,  the preparation was complete by the time Zimmer had emergency surgery.  

Quote:What I don't understand is the doctors previously doing it wrong twice. It should have been fixed the first time. Of course late is better than never, but the Vikings missed him last night.

Lol. Just because there had to be additional surgeries doesn't mean the drs did it "wrong"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Please refer to him by his new name Mike Zmmer

Not funny. He did not have an eye removed.

Quote:Not funny. He did not have an eye removed.

Why do you think Mike Zmmers eye was removed? He just had surgery on it.

Quote:Why do you think Mike Zmmers eye was removed? He just had surgery on it.

It was not removed.

Quote:It was not removed.

I hope Zmmer makes a full recovery.

Quote:Please refer to him by his new name Mike Zmmer

I appreciate the attention to detail that you placed in this post with the fact that it was Mike Zmmer's right eye that he had surgery on. It would have been an embarrassment to accidentally call him Mke Zimmer.

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Quote:I appreciate the attention to detail that you placed in this post with the fact that it was Mike Zmmer's right eye that he had surgery on. It would have been an embarrassment to accidentally call him Mke Zimmer.

If you're going to do it you may as well do it right.

Quote:I appreciate the attention to detail that you placed in this post with the fact that it was Mike Zmmer's right eye that he had surgery on. It would have been an embarrassment to accidentally call him Mke Zimmer.

Calling him Mike Zmmer is an embarrassment  There is no reason to think he actually had his right eye removed or that surgery is something to joke about.

Quote:Calling him Mike Zmmer is an embarrassment There is no reason to think he actually had his right eye removed or that surgery is something to joke about.

I bet you $10 Mike Zmmer himself would find this funny
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I bet you $10 Mike Zmmer himself would find this funny

There is nobody named Mike Zmmer so obviously not.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016, 02:06 PM by superfan32.)

Oh, eye get it

Have you seen my baseball?