Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eye surgery for Mike Zimmer

Serious question: Why does anybody think joking about an emergency medical procedure is funny? Mike Zimmer had to be really scared when doctors told him he would otherwise go blind.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Serious question: Why does anybody think joking about an emergency medical procedure is funny? Mike Zimmer had to be really scared when doctors told him he would otherwise go blind.

I think practically everyone wants Mike Zimmer to make a speedy and complete recovery.  

Quote:I think practically everyone wants Mike Zimmer to make a speedy and complete recovery.  

I am not denying they want that. They should understand their play on words (which would be understandable if he actually lost the eye) is not appropriate in this case, however.

The next question is how much longer he ill be out.

Quote:I am not denying they want that. They should understand their play on words (which would be understandable if he actually lost the eye) is not appropriate in this case, however.

No one knows how long Mike Zimmer will be out.   It's a serious health situation that could permanently affect the vision in the eye as evidenced by the Twitter information I posted from a highly respected doctor. 

Quote:I am not denying they want that. They should understand their play on words (which would be understandable if he actually lost the eye) is not appropriate in this case, however.

Lens hope that Zmmer return to full health ASAP. He is truely a visionary head coach and he adds alot to the spectacle of football. If he can't return this season one of his assistants will have to give the head coach job a lash.

Quote:Lens hope that Zmmer return to full health ASAP. He is truly a visionary head coach and he adds alot to the spectacle of football. If he can't return this season one of his assistants will have to give the head coach job a lash.

That word play is bad too. The problem is a torn retina.

And why are you still typing Zmmer?

Quote:That word play is bad too. The problem is a torn retina.

And why are you still typing Zmmer?

Sorry I love puns. Seems to be a particularly bad torn retina as well. I tore mine before but I didn't need surgery for it. Took me a few weeks before it was normal again.

Quote:Sorry I love puns. Seems to be a particularly bad torn retina as well. I tore mine before but I didn't need surgery for it. Took me a few weeks before it was normal again.

I love puns too, but yours are awful because of the inaccuracy.

Quote:I love puns too, but yours are awful because of the inaccuracy.

I wasn't a good pupil in school

lol

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:There is nobody named Mike Zmmer so obviously not.

You lie.

https://www.myheritage.com/names/michael_zmmer

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Eye really hope he gets better soon.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I wasn't a good pupil in school

Obviously!

This would be quite a trip for someone who had emergency eye surgery not that long ago.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-florida/

Quote:This would be quite a trip for someone who had emergency eye surgery not that long ago.

Forget about the 22 hours part. My uncle drove from St. Paul, where he lives, to Gainesville last year. He had to stay in three hotels along the way.

Quote:Forget about the 22 hours part. My uncle drove from St. Paul, where he lives, to Gainesville last year. He had to stay in three hotels along the way.

That's crazy!! I live on the South Coast of England.. If I drive 8 hours north, I'll be in a different country!! (Scotland).

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2016, 11:07 PM by D6.)

Quote:Forget about the 22 hours part. My uncle drove from St. Paul, where he lives, to Gainesville last year. He had to stay in three hotels along the way.

If Mike Zimmer is driven to Jacksonville,  I'm confident that the Vikings will have multiple drivers and optimum ( under the circumstance ) riding conditions.   This would be a vastly different situation than your uncle and most people would be dealing with on a long driving trip.

Quote:Sorry I love puns. Seems to be a particularly bad torn retina as well. I tore mine before but I didn't need surgery for it. Took me a few weeks before it was normal again.

I like big puns.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:If Mike Zimmer is driven to Jacksonville, I'm confident that the Vikings will have multiple drivers and optimum (under the circumstance) riding conditions. This would be a vastly different situation that your uncle and most people would be dealing with on a long driving trip.

Having a different person drive him down certainly would help. But there are still lots of pit stops (gas, coffee, etc.) from that distance and at least one overnight stay can't be avoided. He would be lucky to get there in only 22 hours.

Quote:Having a different person drive him down certainly would help. But there are still lots of pit stops (gas, coffee, etc.) from that distance and at least one overnight stay can't be avoided. He would be lucky to get there in only 22 hours.

One possibility to help make the trip as comfortable and quick as possible would be traveling with a Madden type of bus that the HOF Coach used in his latter days as a TV game analyst.   With these accommodations,  Mike Zimmer would be able to do some work if his health situation is good enough.