Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all the UK and other European Jags fans...

I know that this was a really terrible game, and for some, this might have even been their very first NFL game, but please understand that this team is in a rebuilding phase right now and that it will take some time before we can properly field a competitive team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I suspect UK and European Jags fans already know that. Tongue It's fans of other teams who need to be told. You could see the team slowly losing the neutral fans who fill most of the stadium as the first half went on...

This random thought thread brought to you by the letter L.

I'm sure all the die hard Jag fans that were there in Patriot, Cowboy, Giant, Packer, Bears, Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Raiders, Bills, Cardinals, Seahawk, Saints, etc. etc. appreciate the revelation about the Jaguars rebuilding.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:This random thought thread brought to you by the letter L.

I'm sure all the die hard Jag fans that were there in Patriot, Cowboy, Giant, Packer, Bears, Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, Raiders, Bills, Cardinals, Seahawk, Saints, etc. etc. appreciate the revelation about the Jaguars rebuilding.

The Jags are too painful to watch. Do you happen to know what channel is carrying the Rhein Fire games?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:The Jags are too painful to watch. Do you happen to know what channel is carrying the Rhein Fire games?

Saw a fee guys in Rhein Fire jerseys on Sunday.

Quote:This random thought thread brought to you by the letter L.

This is what i'm not sure the NFL understands. People go to the one game a year as a celebration of the NFL.People already support their teams and I doubt would travel from all over the country to follow a team they don't even support 8 times a year.

I would say there are about 2000 actual Jags fans in the UK. The NFL UK launched Union Jax which is to highlight the Jags however all you have to do is tick a box on your Forum Registration to "join". The NFL UK have run several events this year Tony Boselli was at a Fan Forum, then you had visits from Andrew Luck and Ben Roethlisberger for which you had to be a Union Jax member to apply for tickets to go to. This has bumped the number of Union Jax members to the number that has been quoted of between 17,000 and 20,000 depending on the media outlet.

The Jags held a Fan Forum at Nike Town in Oxford Street, London on Tuesday for which there was 100 places. I was lucky enough to go and we had about eight cheerleaders, Tyson Alualu, Poz, CS III, Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne and then Jags Alumni Jeff Lageman, Tony Boselli and Fred Taylor (who was please to see me in his Jersey!). Of the 100 maybe 10-15 of us had Jags Jersey/T-Shirts/Hats on, a few would have come straight from work so were in work close. However those in the 49ers Jerseys, Titans, Packers, Giants, Bears, et al clearly were not Jags fans, but all would have to be members of Union Jax.

On Saturday Union Jax held a Jags event at the Hard Rock Cafe which was packed with a sea of Teal and we met a load of fans that had travelled over from the US. For those of you who haven't seen it:

http://m.news4jax.com/news/Jacksonvi...a/-/index.html

There is talk of setting up an actual Jags fan club, maybe a UK chapter of the Bold City Brigade? Anyway there is a small, rabid, Jags fan base over here that will only grow over time.

Next time Union Jax should have their event in a place that doesn't have a massive line by 5.30PM. Me and my friends didn't even bother waiting in line, we just went to the pub in street to the side of the Hard Rock cafe.

me and my missus wanted to come down for the union jax event, but if we came down on the saturday it would have meant a hotel in london overnight and we can't really afford london prices on top of ticket and travel.

We brought cans and a bottle of wine with us and drank like scallies on the cornor but i was impressed with the number of jags fans there though we were swarmed by the niners.

Good day out regardless of the result we will be there with a few mates and more cash next year

Quote:Next time Union Jax should have their event in a place that doesn't have a massive line by 5.30PM. Me and my friends didn't even bother waiting in line, we just went to the pub in street to the side of the Hard Rock cafe.

Yeah there was a bit of confusion. The door staff should have sent you round the corner to the Hard Rock Cafe Back Room which is seperate to the main Hard Rock Cafe. Plans are already being discussed for a bigger venue next year.

Quote:Yeah there was a bit of confusion. The door staff should have sent you round the corner to the Hard Rock Cafe Back Room which is seperate to the main Hard Rock Cafe. Plans are already being discussed for a bigger venue next year.

That's where I ended up anyway.

Quote:me and my missus wanted to come down for the union jax event, but if we came down on the saturday it would have meant a hotel in london overnight and we can't really afford london prices on top of ticket and travel.

We brought cans and a bottle of wine with us and drank like scallies on the cornor but i was impressed with the number of jags fans there though we were swarmed by the niners.

Good day out regardless of the result we will be there with a few mates and more cash next year

For those of us that do not speak the Queen's English...what are scallies?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I'd like a UK Bold City Brigade branch as opposed to the NFL UK manufactured fan club that is Union Jax (although the name is pretty sweet!)

Quote:For those of us that do not speak the Queen's English...what are scallies?

Scalawags, I would imagine.

Quote:I suspect UK and European Jags fans already know that. Tongue

Jep (live in little Denmark). I have followed the jax in over 5 years now, and for ever new season, i hope to see things turned around Smile

Sorry for my poor english Smile

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 01:34 PM by HeeRo.)

relax chicken littles of the forum

edit. wrong thread lol

Quote:For those of us that do not speak the Queen's English...what are scallies?
They're like chavs but without the Burberry.

*counterfeit Burberry

Quote:*counterfeit Burberry
Or stolen.

Disappointed by some of the reaction to Union Jax here. Sure, the numbers are not comprising of 100% Jaguars only fans - as was advertised when we set up this is to encourage new fans to take up supporting the Jags and build the brand so that people support us as a second team - by year four of the Wembley deal we hope to see as near to a homefield advantage as is possible. The numbers who are constantly signing up are not only doing so when there is something to win or see, they are signing up on the whole because they want to support a team that's given up quite a lot to give the UK football for four years.

We are competing from a starting point of being the least supported team in the UK a year ago - I'd wager my mortgage that this is no longer the case. The very fact that new members of the UK website are asked about supporting the Jags pushes us to the forefront of their minds at a time when they are likely to be looking for a team to follow.

How do you define 'real fans' anyway? If they turn up to an even with Andrew Luck wearing a Raiders cap, but show up at Wembley in teal and shouting for the Jags do they meet the requirements?

Anyway, rant over.

Regarding the Hard Rock - promise to fix it for next year, was a struggle to organise from a distance and not knowing what demand would be, sorry if any of you had trouble getting in,