Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
why do we run it every 2nd down

every single 2nd down before the 2 minute drive in the 1st half was a running play. does jedd fisch even football?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It wasn't every single one, but I get your drift. The mix is spotty at times, and other times Fisch seems to mix it up. Consistency is key, that is for sure.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I think to try and get easier third downs. Worried about throwing an incompletion and having 3 and 10. Run on 2nd down and try to get 3rd and 6 or so.

I don't think we can judge Fisch until he gets a qb.

It's what the "Coaching for Idiots" book says to do
A good loser is a good loser

And what's the other option? Passing the ball with Chad Henne?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:And what's the other option? Passing the ball with Chad Henne?

Exactly. They run the ball on 2nd down because he likes the idea of 3rd and 9 better than 3rd and 17 after Henne gets sacked.

Quote:Exactly. They run the ball on 2nd down because he likes the idea of 3rd and 9 better than 3rd and 17 after Henne gets sacked.
Logic.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

I have been noticing the same thing. If we are noticing these patterns as fans, I guarantee the other teams have noticed as well. So why don't we mix it up? At 0-8, what do we have to lose by mixing things up?

Quote:Logic.

Yeah that helped considering Henne didn't get sacked yesterday. But we also only put 10 points on the board. We keep running the same crap were gonna see the same results.

Quote:Exactly. They run the ball on 2nd down because he likes the idea of 3rd and 9 better than 3rd and 17 after Henne gets sacked.
... he would still have to pass it on 3rd and 9 anyway dude.

Quote:I have been noticing the same thing. If we are noticing these patterns as fans, I guarantee the other teams have noticed as well. So why don't we mix it up? At 0-8, what do we have to lose by mixing things up?

Thats what gets me. I understand sometimes playcalling can be limited by down and distance but if i a fan can call 4-5 plays in a row well before the snap of the ball and know exactly or with 85+ % accuracy the routes going to be ran then i can 100% assure you the D is going to see it. It seems so BS to make that claim but at the same time i do it every game and even begin to predict the defenses reaction accurately.

Quote:Yeah that helped considering Henne didn't get sacked yesterday. But we also only put 10 points on the board. We keep running the same crap were gonna see the same results.

Yup. The O-line has actually been doing a decent job the last few games but between the bad timing of the playcalling and the bad QB play we are seeing a burning building offense.

Quote:... he would still have to pass it on 3rd and 9 anyway dude.

Or run it.

Considering Henne's tendency toward throwing the behind the line of scrimmage checkdown on 3rd and long I'm not sure it matters what gets called on 3rd down.

Both the OC & DC were very weak hires. 

Quote:Both the OC & DC were very weak hires.

Agree. I don't think either even had a decent resume to suggest they were going to be good hires in the first place, though.

Quote:Agree. I don't think either even had a decent resume to suggest they were going to be good hires in the first place, though.

You are correct. 

To be honest, lots of the assistants on Bradley's staff you could say the above to. 

The only good assistants that I think we have are WR coach Jerry Sullivan & the DB coach, Walker? 

Quote:Or run it.

Considering Henne's tendency toward throwing the behind the line of scrimmage checkdown on 3rd and long I'm not sure it matters what gets called on 3rd down.
Yes.... tell me, how many times we have ran it on 3rd and long again?

Quote:Yes.... tell me, how many times we have ran it on 3rd and long again?

I'm not keeping count.

My point was that it probably would be about as effective as letting checkdown Chad drop back.

Quote:I'm not keeping count.

My point was that it probably would be about as effective as letting checkdown Chad drop back.
Yes, and my point is that they do it anyway, because you are wrong.

Already explained this in another thread, but we are forced to run at times on 2nd and long because if we pass and its incomplete there is no way we can convert a 3rd and 8+. The offensive line is not good enough to hold up for longer developing routes, and Henne is too garbage to be able to complete passes that far down field consistently.

Running on 2nd and 10 isnt designed to pick up a 1st down, its to try to get a 3rd and manageable so we have an actual chance of converting. Many arm chair coaches dont understand this though so they get angry.

When we have a decent oline and Teddy next year the playcalling will be drastically different.

It doesn't matter what down it is, if you can't run the ball then you can't run the ball. If you can't pass the ball then you can't pass the ball. Play construction and play calling don't matter if you cannot win the physical battle.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato