Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
why do we run it every 2nd down

Quote:You are correct. 

To be honest, lots of the assistants on Bradley's staff you could say the above to. 

The only good assistants that I think we have are WR coach Jerry Sullivan & the DB coach, Walker? 

^This

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes, and my point is that they do it anyway, because you are wrong.
It's so cute how you imply what the Jaguars do is somehow indicative of what is correct.

Do you really think that the Jaguars Offensive woes are caused simply by play calling?

Running on 2nd down gives the WRs a rest.  Don't be posting our strategy on the website please.  Don't want other teams to see our philosophy.

Personally, I'm not certain why we continue to use all 3 downs prior to punting.  It's kind of just a waste of time and leads to more injuries to the offense.

Quote:Do you really think that the Jaguars Offensive woes are caused simply by play calling?

^This

The way the Jags are executing the offense, it doesn't matter what play is called. If there is a problem with coaching it would be in player development and preparation.

But calling a run every 2nd and long doesn't help. If nothing else it drags MJD's yds/carry down and makes him less marketable.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Both the OC & DC were very weak hires. 

Caldwell is still not answering your calls, is he?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Old Fischerman has been calling second and long runs all season long. What a bum hire.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Old Fischerman has been calling second and long runs all season long. What a bum hire.

Yet, an integral piece of the puzzle if you guys intend to get that first overall pick. Could be the key to Teddy. Let him go and watch how fast we scoop him up.

Sincerely,

Greg Schiano

[Image: bannercenter.jpg]

lol @ thinking its for 3rd and manageable, this team averages what...2-3 ypc?  Fisch has been calling that garbage all season even on 2nd and longs and majority of the time when the team is losing.    

Stupid play calling.

Love when it's 2nd and long and he calls a run up the middle for a 2 yd gain.  Down by 20 and continue to pound the ball.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Jedd Fisch: Jaguars used to run MJD every first down, let's switch things up! We're so sneaky.. sneaky jaguars are sneaky. 

Quote:Personally, I'm not certain why we continue to use all 3 downs prior to punting.  It's kind of just a waste of time and leads to more injuries to the offense.
 I like this idea.  Get our best weapon, Banger, out on the field on first down.  Wear out the punt return team and go for the kill.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 12:04 AM by Jinjo.)

Look at the amount of carries MJD has this year, its nothing compared to years past and everyone is complaining they are running too much. Like the alternative isnt chad henne trying to throw the ball. They are both equally bad options.

1st half vs niners:

2nd down:   6 runs  (gains of - 1,2,3,4,5,-1)  - 4 passes (incpl. , 10, 14, 8) 

doesn't seem too terribly unbalanced  -  whatever  :confused: