Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think the roster is playing about as well as it can.....

It needs another infusion of talent and that takes a draft. It is easy to pin blame on the coaches but I think there really isn't much more they can do. Dropped balls continue to happen, misfits still happen, guys still get beat, the linebackers are still slow and easily exploited, Alualu still is average, Roy Miller still isn't good against the run, MJD is still slow and looks heavy (I do think he is slowly improving), Chad Henne is still Henne, etc. People want a miracle out of this roster and it ain't happening. I watched the team get bullied at the line of scrimmage just like I expected them too. San Fran is bigger, faster, and stronger. I mean that usually means you're going to get your butt kicked, which is what happened. I know people want "competitive" but we simply aren't there.

Caldwell inherited a dumpster fire for a roster, he started new reconstruction, and the team just happened to have several games on the schedule that we basically had no chance in hell of winning. Now the team just walked through the slaughterhouse and people want to blame the coach? Reality check, we faced last years superbowl runner up (if that is what you call it), SF is loaded, and they came to do what good teams do to bad teams: punch us in the mouth, kick us down, and then back the car over us repeatedly. Let's face reality, people! 8 games in the hole. The team has gotten better at the secondary, the offense has shown flashes, they have grown in my opinion but they are STILL a BAD TEAM at least for now. 

"So Wake up Mr. Freeman...Wake up and smell the ashes."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For those of you that don't know a lick about footbal this is pretty much what most of us knew going into it this year. 

Just so you know. Get a good QB and all this other crap gets a whole lot easier. 

Quote:For those of you that don't know a lick about footbal this is pretty much what most of us knew going into it this year. 

Just so you know. Get a good QB and all this other crap gets a whole lot easier. 
a good qb will help, but a qb cant play defense too.  we need to fix that defense.  i saw enough positive on offense that a decent qb can make it way better, but our defense needs more help, way more than one player. dline is terrible, and the lb core is subpar. our secondary just needs more experience.

"In Gene We Trust."

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

When I see plays like this, it's tough to buy that they're playing as well as they can...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...yard-catch

'02

It will shock people how much better the defense will look with a functional offense.

Quote:When I see plays like this, it's tough to buy that they're playing as well as they can...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...yard-catch

Who was suppose to be over there?

Quote:It needs another infusion of talent and that takes a draft. It is easy to pin blame on the coaches but I think there really isn't much more they can do. Dropped balls continue to happen, misfits still happen, guys still get beat, the linebackers are still slow and easily exploited, Alualu still is average, Roy Miller still isn't good against the run, MJD is still slow and looks heavy (I do think he is slowly improving), Chad Henne is still Henne, etc. People want a miracle out of this roster and it ain't happening. I watched the team get bullied at the line of scrimmage just like I expected them too. San Fran is bigger, faster, and stronger. I mean that usually means you're going to get your butt kicked, which is what happened. I know people want "competitive" but we simply aren't there.

Caldwell inherited a dumpster fire for a roster, he started new reconstruction, and the team just happened to have several games on the schedule that we basically had no chance in hell of winning. Now the team just walked through the slaughterhouse and people want to blame the coach? Reality check, we faced last years superbowl runner up (if that is what you call it), SF is loaded, and they came to do what good teams do to bad teams: punch us in the mouth, kick us down, and then back the car over us repeatedly. Let's face reality, people! 8 games in the hole. The team has gotten better at the secondary, the offense has shown flashes, they have grown in my opinion but they are STILL a BAD TEAM at least for now. 

"So Wake up Mr. Freeman...Wake up and smell the ashes."

^this.

The offense, in my opinion, has a decent WR corps.  However, no other element of the offense is good, or even average. 

It's very telling when the player showing the most improvement from week to week is our aging veteran RB. I don't care how bad the talent is, that's not an excuse for the lack of preparedness, lack of discipline, and lack of clock management. We aren't just getting outclassed every week. We are also losing the coaching battle.

Even when we get a good QB and pass-rusher, can Bradley and his staff maximize their talent? He's got time to show us, but so far, I think it is very fair to say that the staff has graded poorly in that aspect.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 10:55 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:"In Gene Caldwell We Trust."

wash, rinse, repeat, 

Quote:wash, rinse, repeat,

Starting to feel like it

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

So just because we were patient to see if Genes pick turned out to be good, but they didnt, we should not wait the appropriate amount of time to judge Caldwell's picks? Man you guys are dumb.

I love the play (3rd and 7 from the 9) when Kaepernick faked a handoff to Gore up the middle then ran to the outside for a TD.    The entire team bit for the middle handoff.  WHY THE HECK WOULD HE HANDOFF UP THE MIDDLE ON A 3RD AND 7  --- we are just plain out dumb.

Quote:wash, rinse, repeat, 

You beat me to it.

It didn't help that Caldwell didn't keep any of the 2009 players, which was Gene's only good draft.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:So just because we were patient to see if Genes pick turned out to be good, but they didnt, we should not wait the appropriate amount of time to judge Caldwell's picks? Man you guys are dumb.

Gene's picks at least appeared to be good this far into the 2009 season.

I've seen nothing from Caldwell's picks so far, other than 1 game from Gratz and 1 quarter at LT from Joeckel (who absolutely stunk at RT). Sanders is a fair KR, but taken at that position in the draft a KR should be elite, and it's not something that improves a lot with experience. Robinson was a wasted pick. Cyprien and Evans appear to be Prosinski and Prosinski.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 11:35 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Gene's picks at least appeared to be good this far into the 2009 season.

I've seen nothing from Caldwell's picks so far, other than 1 game from Gratz and 1 quarter at LT from Joeckel (who absolutely stunk at RT). Sanders is a fair KR, but taken at that position in the draft a KR should be elite, and it's not something that improves a lot with experience. Robinson was a wasted pick. Cyprien and Evans appear to be Prosinski and Prosinski.
hahaha Not sure what games you're watching but Prosinski is just flat out terrible. Cyprien and Evans are head and shoulders above him. These are not normal rookies... These are rookies who have no veteran leadership around them and are being put in the worst possible situation. I guarantee you that next year Sanders, Cyprien, Joeckel, Gratz and maybe Robinson will be better.

I don't know about you but i would much rather have the rookies continue to improve than reach their peak in their rookie year like the 2009 class did.

Cyprien and Evans are doing an outstanding job. They've made their share of rookie mistakes, but by no means are they the problem with the defense. In fact the Jaguars secondary as ranks among the top half of the league. From what I'm seeing, the real issues with the defense revolve around everyone in the front seven excluding Sen'Derrick and Poz who seem to be doing everything.

'02

Quote:Cyprien and Evans are doing an outstanding job. They've made their share of rookie mistakes, but by no means are they the problem with the defense. In fact the Jaguars secondary as ranks among the top half of the league. From what I'm seeing, the real issues with the defense revolve around everyone in the front seven excluding Sen'Derrick and Poz who seem to be doing everything.

Cyprien is the lowest rated safety by PFF, and Evans is 3rd lowest. Even if you disagree with PFF's rating system, those rankings can't be good, and I've seen Cyprien miss a lot of tackles with my own eyes.

Who ranks the Jags secondary in the top half of the league (besides the DB coach's mother)? Total yardage wise the Jags pass defense is not near the bottom only because teams rarely bother to pass in the 2nd half when they can run at will with a huge lead.

Quote:hahaha Not sure what games you're watching but Prosinski is just flat out terrible. Cyprien and Evans are head and shoulders above him. These are not normal rookies... These are rookies who have no veteran leadership around them and are being put in the worst possible situation. I guarantee you that next year Sanders, Cyprien, Joeckel, Gratz and maybe Robinson will be better.

I don't know about you but i would much rather have the rookies continue to improve than reach their peak in their rookie year like the 2009 class did.

I know Prosinski is flat out terrible. That was my point.

I certsinly hope the draft picks will be better next year. It would be nearly impossible for them to be worse.

Quote:Cyprien and Evans are doing an outstanding job. 

:no:

Good to see you back for the past coupla' weeks '02, but I have to disagree.   These guys definitely get a pretty hefty pass due to lack of experience and the fact that Bradley's scheme demands a lot from them at times.....

However, they are often more than just one or two steps late to the party in pass coverage and  they each have whiffed or been beaten on way too many tackles, IMO.  I didn't expect much better  - but I'd like to see improvement from these two before the season grinds to a merciful halt.