Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
There is no way you can blame the Coaching Staff for this.

Quote:I'd say give them a fair enough time to rebuild one of the worst rosters in the history of the NFL. I'd say 3-4 years, but 2-3 years would be adequate if we see no improvement at all.

So you're cool with status quo for another 2 years?

That's the same line of crap we where sold (and I bought for the record) with Gene Smith, give him 4 years, while we watched team after team rise up in half the time.

But nope we Jaguars have got it SO bad we have to wait 4 years before judging every freaking rebuild. Bottom line if we're not competitive next year it's time to start over again.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So you're cool with status quo for another 2 years?

That's the same line of crap we where sold (and I bought for the record) with Gene Smith, give him 4 years, while we watched team after team rise up in half the time.

But nope we Jaguars have got it SO bad we have to wait 4 years before judging every freaking rebuild. Bottom line if we're not competitive next year it's time to start over again.
No, actually. Building through the draft takes time. It always has. Gene Smith did it wrong. Hopefully, Caldwell does it right. But it's not fair to start over if Caldwell doesn't get this team competitive next year. I am sure it will be improved when we find a better Quarterback, but he still needs time to draft his players.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

well, we've already had one draft.

next year I expect Caldwell's guys to make a significant improvement and contribute much more than they have now.

5 wins or more next year, everything else is pure failure.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:No, actually. Building through the draft takes time. It always has. Gene Smith did it wrong. Hopefully, Caldwell does it right. But it's not fair to start over if Caldwell doesn't get this team competitive next year. I am sure it will be improved when we find a better Quarterback, but he still needs time to draft his players.

You do realize that you're advocating rebuilding the same exact way Gene Smith did, just a different guy making the picks. 3-4 year rebuild, building through the draft not expensive Free Agents.

Build the lines and then plug in the QB, THIS IS THE SAME FREAKING THING WE JUST DID!!!!!

What's that saying about repeating history?

Quote:well, we've already had one draft.

next year I expect Caldwell's guys to make a significant improvement and contribute much more than they have now.

I fully expect us to win 3-4 games next year.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:You do realize that you're advocating rebuilding the same exact way Gene Smith did, just a different guy making the picks. 3-4 year rebuild, building through the draft not expensive Free Agents.

Build the lines and then plug in the QB, THIS IS THE SAME FREAKING THING WE JUST DID!!!!!

Actually every team builds through the draft.  So technically we are doing the same thing as the Ravens, Steelers, Giants, and the ummm 49ers and many more great teams. 

Quote:Actually every team builds through the draft.  So technically we are doing the same thing as the Ravens, Steelers, Giants, and the ummm 49ers and many more great teams. 

Actually The 49ers, Chiefs, and Seahawks built on what was already there when they took over (the opposite of blowing it up) You know who's "blown it up" to rebuild recently, Cleveland, Tampa and Jacksonville..........

As far as I'm concerned, this is the ONLY year Caldwell and the coaching staff is getting a complete "pass" from me.

Next year needs to be better than last year when we went 2-14.  It needs to be better, and the arrow needs to be pointing up. 

Caldwell will have two straight drafts picking #1 or #2 more than likely, so we need improvement - FAST. 

At least 5 games is what we need to win next year, and we need to be competitive in the vast majority of the games.  Blowouts shouldn't be the norm.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:You do realize that you're advocating rebuilding the same exact way Gene Smith did, just a different guy making the picks. 3-4 year rebuild, building through the draft not expensive Free Agents.

Actually, Smith said that was what he wanted to do, he just didn't do it.  He spent money on free agents and big money on keeping mediocre players on the team.  Add to that that almost all of his draft picks suck and that was his problem.  Caldwell actually has the nerve to stick to his building through the draft philosophy, thats the difference between the two, it just takes longer.

Yes, because that is HOW you build through the draft. It takes time for players to develop. Gene Smith picked the wrong players, and we all knew that they were garbage picks ON draft day. 

I also wouldn't say we're plugging in the QB. We're picking our QB in 2014, and will most likely build around him. 

Just because Gene Smith did it wrong it doesn't mean Caldwell will. All successful teams build through the draft. That's a fact. 

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Actually, Smith said that was what he wanted to do, he just didn't do it.  He spent money on free agents and big money on keeping mediocre players on the team.  Add to that that almost all of his draft picks suck and that was his problem.  Caldwell actually has the nerve to stick to his building through the draft philosophy, thats the difference between the two, it just takes longer.

longer then the 4 years we gave Gene Smith? History has proven giving 4 years to Gene Smith was a horrible idea, I don't see how anyone could advocate ever being that patient again.

Quote:Actually The 49ers, Chiefs, and Seahawks built on what was already there when they took over (the opposite of blowing it up) You know who's "blown it up" to rebuild recently, Cleveland, Tampa and Jacksonville..........
Look at the Seahawk's draft history the past 4 years, look at the 49ers, look at the Chiefs, Broncos, and even more recently, the Colts. The Colts just happened to get one of the best QB prospects of all time to fall right in their hands. 

To say they built on what was already there is dumb. Because they didn't. 

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:As far as I'm concerned, this is the ONLY year Caldwell and the coaching staff is getting a complete "pass" from me.

Next year needs to be better than last year when we went 2-14.  It needs to be better, and the arrow needs to be pointing up. 

Caldwell will have two straight drafts picking #1 or #2 more than likely, so we need improvement - FAST. 

At least 5 games is what we need to win next year, and we need to be competitive in the vast majority of the games.  Blowouts shouldn't be the norm.

Quote:As far as I'm concerned, this is the ONLY year Caldwell and the coaching staff is getting a complete "pass" from me.

I completely agree with this however.  This year is a free pass for this staff and front office.  If we dont show marked improvement next year, then it is time to panic.

Quote:well, we've already had one draft.

Agreed. There has to be significant improvement. I suspect with a new QB and other upgrades, particularly along both lines, it should be fair to expect 5-8 wins next year.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Yes, because that is HOW you build through the draft. It takes time for players to develop. Gene Smith picked the wrong players, and we all knew that they were garbage picks ON draft day. 

I also wouldn't say we're plugging in the QB. We're picking our QB in 2014, and will most likely build around him. 

Just because Gene Smith did it wrong it doesn't mean Caldwell will. All successful teams build through the draft. That's a fact. 

Really, I don't remember to many people upset about getting Gabbert on draft day? I'm pretty sure most thought the 2009 draft was a slam dunk until about mid 2011.

There was a few prophets that foretold the failure but for the most part until mid 2011 people bought into Gene's plan (myself included). Despite seeing much improvement you could switch the names out and it's the same damn narrative as the last time around.

It's not the ONLY way to build, and neglecting to acknowledge that is crazy.

Quote:longer then the 4 years we gave Gene Smith? History has proven giving 4 years to Gene Smith was a horrible idea, I don't see how anyone could advocate ever being that patient again.

Not THAT patient, but more patient than calling for heads year one.

I say if we don't see that drastic improvement next year with our "new QB" or our new draft class and have another season where we win 2 games, it's time to spend big in free agency.  Screw it, go to Salary Cap but try to win at least 7-8 games. 

This franchise will not survive if we keep having seasons with less than 5 wins.  We are on the brink of extinction if we keep this up for another 2-3 years.

Quote:Actually The 49ers, Chiefs, and Seahawks built on what was already there when they took over (the opposite of blowing it up) You know who's "blown it up" to rebuild recently, Cleveland, Tampa and Jacksonville..........

Right and those were all draft picks.  Hence building through the draft. 

It is the fact that Gene Smith's first round picks with the exception of Justin Blackmon are pretty much a joke.  All of Gene Smith's draft were. 

This regime is coming off one of the worst drafting histories I personally have ever seen.  Do I expect more out of Bradley and Co?  Yes I do.  I thought they would squeeze out at least a win or two. 

But they have Gabbert, who is useless, Alualu who is probably out of the league in year, Monroe gone, Branch who has seriously under performed, Babin who hasn't done a thing, and very few contributors from the drafts of the past 4 years. 

Sure -   I expect dramatic improvement next year.  But - I don't think it's unfair to expect to see this group get better over the course of the season.  I think we should be able to see this defense stop the run in a handful of games - and I think we should be able to see two TD's scored in a game by this offense in consecutive weeks. That a'int asking for much.  

Like I said earlier - I'm not calling for heads to roll - but I'm disappointed in the lack of improvement to the glaring problems from week one to now.  I know that more talent fixes most everything, but there has to be a way to squeeze a little blood from this stone of a roster.  

The offensive play calling still is questionable, even the legit penalties happen too often.  To say you can't blame the coaching staff at all is silly, even crappy Mularkey had this team playing close here and there with no talent on the roster.