Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
There is no way you can blame the Coaching Staff for this.

Quote:Really, I don't remember to many people upset about getting Gabbert on draft day? I'm pretty sure most thought the 2009 draft was a slam dunk until about mid 2011.

There was a few prophets that foretold the failure but for the most part until mid 2011 people bought into Gene's plan (myself included). Despite seeing much improvement you could switch the names out and it's the same damn narrative as the last time around.

It's not the ONLY way to build, and neglecting to acknowledge that is crazy.
The 2009 draft was pretty much the only decent draft Gene Smith had. I remember a lot of people not liking the Gabbert pick. Especially in the midst of trading down for him. 

You can say it's the same narrative, except it isn't. Caldwell isn't Smith. They both have two different philosophies when drafting players. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Look at the Seahawk's draft history the past 4 years, look at the 49ers, look at the Chiefs, Broncos, and even more recently, the Colts. The Colts just happened to get one of the best QB prospects of all time to fall right in their hands. 

To say they built on what was already there is dumb. Because they didn't. 

Really!?!?

So the 49ers They didn't build on Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Navorro Bowman, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Alex Smith all players before Jim was hired in 2011.

in 2010 when the Seahawks changed everything around in the Front office they kept Hasselback, Forsett, Gibson, Unger, Curry, Grant (gasp a stop gap player) and replaced them as they could, again the opposite of "blowing it up"

Yea yea the Chiefs and all their probowl players can't compare with the Jags, blah blah been down this road 100 times, point is the SAME you keep what you can and replace as you go.

So yea all those teams didn't "blow it up" but you know that's the way it's done right?

You where saying Tommy?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Players play. Coaches coach. Can't fire a coach after one year.

Oops.

Signed,

The last dead horse you beat,

Mike M.
Blakes Life Matters

Tommy Bradley.... Did you hack your Dads MB account?
Blakes Life Matters

To say we cannot be patient with Caldwell because we were patient with Gene Smith is just plain dumb.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Really!?!?

So the 49ers They didn't build on Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Navorro Bowman, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Alex Smith all players before Jim was hired in 2011.

in 2010 when the Seahawks changed everything around in the Front office they kept Hasselback, Forsett, Gibson, Unger, Curry, Grant (gasp a stop gap player) and replaced them as they could, again the opposite of "blowing it up"

Yea yea the Chiefs and all their probowl players can't compare with the Jags, blah blah been down this road 100 times, point is the SAME you keep what you can and replace as you go.

So yea all those teams didn't "blow it up" but you know that's the way it's done right?

You where saying Tommy?
Inb4 all those players were drafted by previous regimes in the midst of a rebuild who couldn't find a QB.

You were saying what, exactly?

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:To say we cannot be patient with Caldwell because we were patient with Gene Smith is just plain dumb.
This.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Inb4 all those players were drafted by previous regimes in the midst of a rebuild who couldn't find a QB.

You were saying what, exactly?

The Seahawks needed a whole lot more then a QB when Pete's regime got there. Grant was no solution at SS at that point in time they kept him until they found a replacement (The opposite of what we did with Daryl Smith).

Quote:To say we cannot be patient with Caldwell because we were patient with Gene Smith is just plain dumb.

Shielding the current regime from any accountability because the last regime sucked is dumb.

Quote:The Seahawks needed a whole lot more then a QB when Pete's regime got there. Grant was no solution at SS at that point in time they kept him until they found a replacement (The opposite of what we did with Daryl Smith).
The Seahawks went through a total rebuild. Just like what we are doing. In fact, we are doing it, the SAME, EXACT, way. 

Daryl Smith didn't fit the scheme or the culture of the team. Caldwell made it clear that youth was going to be added to this team to build for the FUTURE. Having a veteran who didn't even fit the scheme of the defense being implemented and taking precious reps from possible future starters for this team is dumb. The Seahawks did the SAME exact thing, we did. They started a youth movement. We kept veterans. We just did it at different positions. 

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2013, 10:31 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:The Seahawks went through a total rebuild. Just like what we are doing. In fact, we are doing it, the SAME, EXACT, way. 

Daryl Smith didn't fit the scheme or the culture of the team. Caldwell made it clear that youth was going to be added to this team to build for the FUTURE. Having a veteran who didn't even fit the scheme of the defense being implemented and taking precious reps from possible future starters for this team is dumb. The Seahawks did the SAME exact thing, we did. They started a youth movement. We kept veterans. We just did it at different positions. 

This is just hogwash in my opinion.  Daryl Smith didn't fit the scheme?  He fits any scheme.  It looks like no one on this team fits the scheme.  Smith fits in with any culture. 

The only mistake Caldwell, IMO made was not resigning D Smith. 

Everyone is to blame. But there's only so much a coach can do. If the players are put in position and are overmatched, you can't do much about that. If inexperience causes the leagues youngest team to make mistakes that's expected. We all knew it was a mess left by gene smith and a rebuild was needed and even kahn acknowledges that fact wishing it was done sooner. This isn't going to be good on the eyes because in all seriousness most of these guys won't either be on the team or starting next year. So what we can only do unfortunately is look for guys who can stick and grow....smh

Quote:The Seahawks went through a total rebuild. Just like what we are doing. In fact, we are doing it, the SAME, EXACT, way. 

Really Seattle replaced vets with rookies but kept role players until drafting replacements, that's the exact opposite of what we're doing.

Players like Forsett, Hasselbeck, Carlson, Curry, these guys weren't long term players but damn they didn't grab waiver wire guys and plug them in year one.

A youth movement doesn't mean you ignore the present.....

Quote:Shielding the current regime from any accountability because the last regime sucked is dumb.

This is a sigworthy quote.  Hope you don't mind.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:This is just hogwash in my opinion. Daryl Smith didn't fit the scheme? He fits any scheme. It looks like no one on this team fits the scheme. Smith fits in with any culture.

The only mistake Caldwell, IMO made was not resigning D Smith.

No possible way someone can say Daryl Smith wouldnt fit into Geno Hayes' role, who signed for a similar contract.

Quote:Really Seattle replaced vets with rookies but kept role players until drafting replacements, that's the exact opposite of what we're doing.

Players like Forsett, Hasselbeck, Carlson, Curry, these guys weren't long term players but damn they didn't grab waiver wire guys and plug them in year one.

A youth movement doesn't mean you ignore the present.....
So I guess Meester, Rackley, Nwaneri, Posluszny, Allen, Lowery, Mincey, Alualu don't fit your notion of veteran role players? Because that's exactly what they are.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

For Alualu to be considered a role player he would actually have to do something.

Quote:No possible way someone can say Daryl Smith wouldnt fit into Geno Hayes' role, who signed for a similar contract.
Contract size has nothing to do with their position in the defense. Hayes is a totally different type of Linebacker than Smith.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:For Alualu to be considered a role player he would actually have to do something.
Let's not hijack the thread. It's safe to say he's a veteran. Leave it at that. 

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:So I guess Meester, Rackley, Nwaneri, Posluszny, Allen, Lowery, Mincey, Alualu don't fit your notion of veteran role players? Because that's exactly what they are.

Well I guess if you want to give them credit for keeping the wrong veterans go ahead Laughing